shape
carat
color
clarity

The HCA Scores

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
Hi, all.

Well, I won''t attach my first long posting about the the 1.92 ct, D- SI-1 diamond that wasn''t, but the good news is that the mall jeweler has agreed to give me a refund.

What is the relative difference between a stone with an HCA score of 1.9 and another stone with an HCA score of 1? Is this a meaningful difference? Does clarity play a role? Both stones are AGS-0, H&A, but the 1.9 stone is SI-1, while the 1 stone is VS2 (and naturally more expensive).

Thanks,

double b

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think Clarity plays a major role unless you are looking at a heavily included stone. My guesstimation on this difference is just a slight variation in angle. Both numbers sound good. Id probably lean more towards the 1 than the 1.9 but both sound fairly good based solely on that.

Glad you got your money back!

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
Ame

Thanks for your thoughts. The difference in price between the 1 and the 1.9 is about $2400.00. They're about the same size. I realize that ultimately only I can decide, but would you spend the extra $$$?

bb

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you seen these stones? if the si stone looks as good as the vs (or even remotely so) go with it. $2400 is a big difference.

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
The HCA scores don''t have anything to do with the VS2 versus SI1. That being said, some people see a big difference in the range of scores provided. Can you either see these stones side-by-side, or at least have the vendor eyeball them?

As for the SI1 versus VS2 end of the question, I see no issue moving to an eye clean SI1, as the look outside of a microscope should be the same (eye clean) and you can do a lot with the money you save (i.e. nicer setting, bigger diamond, save the money for something else). That all being said, the VS2 may be a knockout and completely worth it, so hopefully someone can get an eye on these.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
HCA is a rejection tool.
Neither of those stones is a reject.
You need more info now if we are to help you.
Can you get an ideal-scope or other info? or get an ideal-scope and DIY
What are their proportions etc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results