shape
carat
color
clarity

The Final 3 (I''''ll Poll the Audience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iceme

Rough_Rock
Background on this is that I have narrowed down my choices to the following 4 stones, and need some help to decide. Not sure how important the HCA score is, but i've included the ratings. All of these are either GIA EX/EX or AGS000 and around the same price range (+/- a grand)

Option 1: 2.03 E SI2 HCA Score: 1.1 looks to be eye clean
Option 2: 2.41 F SI2 HCA Score: 3.1 looks to be eye clean
Option 3: 2.29 D SI2 HCA Score: 1.9 some inclusions that may be visible

Option 4: 1.91 F SI1 HCA Score 2.2 eye clean. -> this one I've actually seen and had a scope done on it....it looks great, but in terms of value for money, not sure how it stacks up against the others.

Please give me your opinion/choice

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
One.

Sorry, maybe I missed the background on this, but unless I missed any helpful background on this, based on this info, why is this a question.

Regards,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
not enough info
option 1 might or might not be the better one.
option 2 id drop from considerstion.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I wouldn''t kick two out of the bed. It''s much larger & could present a good value.

That said, we really do need more information which should be readily available (table%,depth %, girdle, mm, etc)

With any of these stones, I would be concerned with the relativity of eye clean in an SI2.

drkewl

Rough_Rock
have you seen these diamonds? The "numbers'' can only take you so far... once u get down to the final few, I feel like its almost necessary to see them side by side and jsut choose the best looking one.

From this info alone I think its too hard to pick a clear winner. HCA scores, while often correlating well to light performance, isn''t the end all be all.

My advice, ship your final decisions to an appraiser (many great onces posting here on pricescope) and get their expert opinion.

PS: i am also in the process of narrowing down my selection... i have recently discovered how table % differences (60 versus 54 for example) can create different visual appearances... the 54 will be more ''firey'' (ie more colorful'') while the 60 will be more brilliant (awesome white light return). If you have a preference that may also play into your decision. (experts please feel free to correct me if i''m wrong.. just saying what i THINK i have learned from reading previous posts)

Best of luck

sapphic

Rough_Rock
give us some images of the diamonds or some prices otherwise we don''t really have anything to go on so aren''t that interested.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results