shape
carat
color
clarity

The Facetors show!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Ok we just walked in the door, and man what a BLAST this was! All I can say is that for any of you who know of one of these around your home- GO! We learned more in one day with the Facetors than we could in weeks elsewhere. Not only that but we got to hold,look at, and compare hundreds of stones. One of the most interesting things was to see in person the rough beforehand, and then the finished stone. I''ll start the pics with a shot of ONE of the rough dealers table, yes there were many, although this guy had the best stuff.

rough sm.JPG

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Aqua rough

aqua sm.JPG

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
GreenTourmaline rough

Tourmaline sm.JPG

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
MrsTropicmaster selecting a piece of Peridot

Peridot sm.JPG

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
MrsTropicmaster checking her meetpoints on an Amethyst

Facetor sm.JPG

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
MrsTropicmaster taking one more thousandth off a crown angle

Facetor1 sm.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
so cool!!!! how do you find out about stuff like this??? I''d like to learn more not only to be a better educated consumer, but also out of pure joy for colored gems
30.gif

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
here are some of the finished stones we saw. There is a Pad in this case to D-I-E for!

Finished stones.JPG

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Look at this Peridot rough! Very little if any olive in it. I wanted some SO bad, but have too many unfinished projects as it is. After this weekend I now have 4 stones to set before I should even think of getting something else cut!

Peridot rough sm.JPG

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey tropicmaster where was this at?

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 5:51:55 PM
Author: amethystguy
Hey tropicmaster where was this at?

Franklin NC. The Jacksons Crossroads Amethyst you talk about so much was EVERYWHERE! Seems like every rough dealer had some for sale.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Heck we must have walked right by each other...I had my JXR T-Shirt on..damn wish I knew you were going..LOL..I spent part of the day prospecting a new corundum locatiuon right off 441 that my buddy Dale tracked down...bought a new faceting machine while I was there..you might have seen me carrying a huge box out to the car..chrono, harriet, TL..shhhhh..I am going to take classes before I touch the thing...you didn't get to see my buddy George Ellis did you? oh yea we are digging a new amethyst location about 20 minutes from Jackson Crossroads in oglethorpe county in august..any of you ladies or gents wanna come dig a brand new site let me know...amethyst the size of bowling balls(single crystals)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow this is so cool! How did you find out about this gathering, Tropic?? This sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day!

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 6:12:16 PM
Heck we must have walked right by each other...I had my JXR T-Shirt on..damn wish I knew you were going..LOL..I spent part of the day prospecting a new corundum locatiuon right off 441 that my buddy Dale tracked down...bought a new faceting machine while I was there..you might have seen me carrying a huge box out to the car..chrono, harriet, TL..shhhhh..I am going to take classes before I touch the thing...you didn''t get to see my buddy George Ellis did you? oh yea we are digging a new amethyst location about 20 minutes from Jackson Crossroads in oglethorpe county in august..any of you ladies or gents wanna come dig a brand new site let me know...amethyst the size of bowling balls(single crystals)

I dont remember seeing that T-shirt, but we were there all day up until about 4. Then we walked down the hill to the Gemstone dealers show. Hey did you have your kid with you? We hung out at Farooq''s rough table for a good while with a tall guy and his son. Then later we saw him carrying out a big box and another guy was carrying a faceting machine for him. We saw them put it into I think a van. Was that you? If so we freaking sat next to each other and talked for 20 mins!

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 6:24:56 PM
Author: icekid
wow this is so cool! How did you find out about this gathering, Tropic?? This sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day!
Local faceting clubs are good sources for stuff like this. I found about this one from Gary at Finewater. I posted it on here, but none of the Clt people were able to join us up there. Contact your local faceting club and ask to be put on their E mail list, then you will be informed of anything in your area.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
ahh..no I didn''t get there until 4:30..I was at the big outdoor show where all my buddies were selling for the morning and then in the woods in the afternoon and then at the FFF at 4:30...so we missed each other..next time we will have to meet up....will you be at Grassy Creek next week?

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 8:06:13 PM
ahh..no I didn''t get there until 4:30..I was at the big outdoor show where all my buddies were selling for the morning and then in the woods in the afternoon and then at the FFF at 4:30...so we missed each other..next time we will have to meet up....will you be at Grassy Creek next week?

Nahhh next week we will be in Arizona. Sedona, Grand Canyon, Mesa, etc. Would certainly hit any good mine or stone shops if anybody knows of any.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heck we must have walked right by each other...I had my JXR T-Shirt on..damn wish I knew you were going..LOL..I spent part of the day prospecting a new corundum locatiuon right off 441 that my buddy Dale tracked down...bought a new faceting machine while I was there..you might have seen me carrying a huge box out to the car..chrono, harriet, TL..shhhhh..I am going to take classes before I touch the thing...you didn''t get to see my buddy George Ellis did you? oh yea we are digging a new amethyst location about 20 minutes from Jackson Crossroads in oglethorpe county in august..any of you ladies or gents wanna come dig a brand new site let me know...amethyst the size of bowling balls(single crystals)
I''m game for a dig.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 8:22:14 PM
Author: Harriet

I''m game for a dig.

Ooooh this sounds much more fun than work. I want to come too!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a fun time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds like Mr. Tropicmaster and the missus had a blast. By looking at all the pictures, I can’t imagine anything less.

Digging for rough sounds fun too. I’m game!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
My club will be going towards the end of august on the 29th and 30th..everybody is welcome..there will be 100+ people since it's a brand new location..never been dug before except this past year by a machine one time. Quite a few folks from the FFF in Franklin, Tropic, will be there so if you are back from the Grand Canyon, Mesa, etc. maybe you could swing down. Some of that peridot at the show looked real good..should have pciked some up..damn..after seeing your pics again it makes me kick myself

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like -- Looks like -- you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your photos. Your Mrs. looks like a pro!

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
I guess I just missed this show. I was in Franklin, N.C. on the 20th of July and the owner of the Rose Creek Mine was talking about the Gemboree. I always enjoy a Gem show with lots of rough and equipment.

Joker...

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I couldn''t make it but looks like you and Mrs. T had a wonderful time. You know I''m drooling over that peridot, right? Something new for me is out of the question right now but would love to see what your new projects are about. Do we get a hint?

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 6:28:37 PM
Author: dianne
Sorry I couldn''t make it but looks like you and Mrs. T had a wonderful time. You know I''m drooling over that peridot, right? Something new for me is out of the question right now but would love to see what your new projects are about. Do we get a hint?

You know I instantly thought of you and your ring project when I saw that Peridot rough. I wish you guys could have made it with us- it was a LOT of fun. There is another big show in Hendersonville this fall- think you can make that one? It is the same weekend as the Apple Festival so it should be a big ole FUN weekend!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! what an incredible event that must have been- soooo envious
27.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 8:00:44 PM
Author: Tropicmaster

Date: 7/27/2009 6:28:37 PM
Author: dianne

You know I instantly thought of you and your ring project when I saw that Peridot rough. I wish you guys could have made it with us- it was a LOT of fun. There is another big show in Hendersonville this fall- think you can make that one? It is the same weekend as the Apple Festival so it should be a big ole FUN weekend!
You just want to put me right in the middle of Peridot Temptation, don''t you...LOL!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results