shape
carat
color
clarity

The Dream Job Interview

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
So... After initially feeling kind of weird about the interview, I heard through a colleague, who is friends with a person at the place I interviewed, that I had done great and am definitely in the running for this job. Of course, there are still 5 more candidates to go! But at least I apparently meet the standard for this job. That feels GREAT! I really prepared so hard for this, and wanted, at a minimum to feel like I had done my very best and that my best had been ''good enough'', whether or not I get the offer.

I was waiting a couple of days before following Moonwater''s advice to send a thank you, so it didn''t look too eager or anxious. But then the chairman of the hiring committee beat me to it, and sent me an e-mail saying that the interview day had been a ''real pleasure'' for him, that he very much enjoyed my presentation, and he thanked me for all the energy and value I had put into it.

So, whether or not I get the job I''m feeling good about it.

Plus, what a nice man! He also was very attentive when I was there, e.g. calling at the hotel to make sure I had got in OK. I had heard from others how kind he is, so it''s also nice to know that I would have such a kind senior colleague to mentor me.

Anyway, I''ll hear around mid-December or so... if I''m nto already in Peru that is.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations for getting this far Indy! I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good vibes and fairy dust! Hope you get the job.
35.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Indy, that''s great news! I hope you get it!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending PS dust; glad it went well.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh that sounds wonderful Indy! COngrats on a great interview and I''ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
36.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''ll rub my prosperity Buddha for ya!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome Indy, sending more fairy dust your way. So glad it went well, YAY!!!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting Indy! I''m hoping you get this job!

And girlfriend, always be prompt about sending those thank you''s...it''s good to appear excited about the job!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
IG: I am so happy for you..Great news please keep us posted...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

36.gif
Hope it turns out in your favour.

cheers--Sharon

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Good going! I''m glad you are feeling so good about it.
emsmiled.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 11:13:33 AM
Author: TravelingGal
How exciting Indy! I''m hoping you get this job!

And girlfriend, always be prompt about sending those thank you''s...it''s good to appear excited about the job!

I COMPLETELY agree. Don''t wait on the thank you card!!!!! I usually drop mine in the mail the same day as the interview or the day after.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I hope you get the job Indy! I agree with TGal and neatfreak - don''t wait to send the thank you card. Good luck!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... see the thing is, I have never heard of someone sending a thank you note in my line of work, and that''s why I hesitated for a day or two.

But I think I will make a habit of it from now on because given the intensity of the interview process on both sides, it seems appropriate! Maybe I can start a trend!

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. Now the plan is to forget about it until I hear something!

Yeah, fat chance.

But I can try anyway!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I send thank you emails. It''s worked fine for me for years.

In whatever line you are in, I don''t think it seems strange to simply thank someone for their time. It''s just the polite thing to do IMHO.

Will keep my fingers crossed!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think so too and I''m glad that you guys have brought it to my attention! Especially since so much work goes into it on both sides. So I hope it DOES start a trend.

And I hope it catches on so much that the rudeness on the other side of the desk stops: e.g., it is quite normal to do one of these interview... as in to spend 2-3 weeks preparing, fly somewhere, spend a full day trying to convince them to hire you... and then NEVER hear back from THEM again. At all. I mean, you don''t even get a form letter saying ''Thanks but no thanks.'' Nothing.

Now, that sucks.

Which is why I was extra touched to get that note from the hiring committee chair. Never got something like that before! Not even remotely! Even when I have got the job.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 3:14:02 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Yes, I think so too and I''m glad that you guys have brought it to my attention! Especially since so much work goes into it on both sides. So I hope it DOES start a trend.

And I hope it catches on so much that the rudeness on the other side of the desk stops: e.g., it is quite normal to do one of these interview... as in to spend 2-3 weeks preparing, fly somewhere, spend a full day trying to convince them to hire you... and then NEVER hear back from THEM again. At all. I mean, you don''t even get a form letter saying ''Thanks but no thanks.'' Nothing.

Now, that sucks.

Which is why I was extra touched to get that note from the hiring committee chair. Never got something like that before! Not even remotely! Even when I have got the job.
Exactly IG...which is why I think thank you''s are great. The interviewers on the other side are people too, and feel good when appreciated just like we do. It just sets you apart from the pack.
1.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
You got me! I''m a ''thank you note'' convert!
12.gif

And I wrote him back a really nice one, if I do say so myself.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That sounds great Indy! I''ll keep sending you good vibes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results