shape
carat
color
clarity

The downsides of a super ideal cut that no one ever talks about

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
<humorfont> I know most folks on this forum are all gung ho about super ideal cut diamonds. But there's a downside to these stones that no one ever talks about. I sit at a desk in our home office that faces a window. When the sunlight streams in at just the right angle, usually between 8:30 am and 9:30 am now, my Whiteflash ACA reflects all over the walls as I type. And the kittens GO CRAZY! Our one guy just keeps jumping up against the walls trying to catch the moving flashes of light. He might pull a muscle. I've had to start spinning my ring around so it's underneath my finger until the sun rises high enough in the sky. No one told me this could happen. </humorfont>

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahahahah this made me laugh!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Or perhaps when you blind that unsuspecting driver in traffic when your hand is hanging out the window? Maybe take out an entire plane section of folks who think it's a disco if you sit next to a window seat on a plane before takeoff on a sunny day? LOL..

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Or in my house, anything shiny that catches the light, including stainless steel pans/cookware. They chirp and talk at the light patches and try to get them on the ceiling and walls. It's pretty funny.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An expensive alternative to a laser pointer, however, it would probably last a lot longer with no consumables and parts that could break, just need sunlight!

DK :lol-2:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Or perhaps when you blind that unsuspecting driver in traffic when your hand is hanging out the window? Maybe take out an entire plane section of folks who think it's a disco if you sit next to a window seat on a plane before takeoff on a sunny day? LOL..

I actually have had people comment on the reflections from my ring on a plane before :bigsmile:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock

My husband thinks it’s funny to reflect the sun off his watch into my face when we are flying until I notice and punch him in the arm. Lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband thinks it’s funny to reflect the sun off his watch into my face when we are flying until I notice and punch him in the arm. Lol

I do that to my husband with my diamond when we are at a stoplight. He gets even with his watch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results