shape
carat
color
clarity

the diamond mart in san francisco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bogus

Rough_Rock
does anyone have any expierience with the diamond mart in san francisco? a friend says he bought a 2 ct diamond for
5 thousand not sure what clor, clarity etc. can you get good diamonds from this place? should i take the time to check them out?
thanx Roni

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 2:50:20 AM
Author:bogus
does anyone have any expierience with the diamond mart in san francisco? a friend says he bought a 2 ct diamond for 5 thousand not sure what clor, clarity etc. can you get good diamonds from this place? should i take the time to check them out?
thanx Roni

He bought a 2 carat diamond for $5k? Either it wasn''t the best quality or it wasn''t really a diamond!!
32.gif
A good 1 carat diamond just falls within the $5k range....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$2500 per ct.? i''ll say.... what you pay is what you get.
2.gif

bogus

Rough_Rock
he said a family friend worked there so maybe thats why he got such a good price.

has anyone had any expierience with diamond mart? should I take the time to check them out?
thanx roni

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

bogus

Rough_Rock
thanx everyone on your responses to the 2ct diamond however I am really looking to find out info on diamond mart itself.
does anyone have any info on diamond mart in san francisco.
thanx roni

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I think what people are trying to say is that a place like Diamond Mart, if they DO offer a 2ct diamond for under $6K is most likely the place that sells highly included and lower end stones that are lower in color and not cut as well.

Online you can find excellent stones for good prices, but you won''t find too many people here who would suggest an I2, J colored stone as a good bang for the buck.

I don''t know if Diamond Mart sells better stones than a J, I2 but I hope they do. Do a search on this site for them, as well as conact your local Better Business Bureau and possibly the JVC at http://www.jvclegal.org/cindex.html.

Good luck!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is it that you would like to know?

There is a Gift Center at 888 Brannan and there is a Diamond/Jewelry Mart at 999 Brannan. Both locations house many different vendors. Their prices are below B&Ms but not as low as the Internet. It used to be you needed a resale license to get in but now they are letting in anyone off the street with an "appointment".

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Having a family friend won''t get you all that incredible of a deal. We have one. The only real advantage is they''ll get us whatever we want and let us hold it however long we want. Will get us uncerted stones too that are cheaper than certed ones, but unless you know what you''re doing and really are family friends with them (so you can trust them), it''s best to just go to the internet for best prices.

My fiancee''s mom just bought a .6 ct round brilliant that was uncerted. Had a great idealscope image. Using the approximate stats and checking the price search engine, we managed to save about $500 or so off internet pricing. Without actual certification, won''t know for sure. Maybe we saved nothing. Point is, even with a connection, you can''t expect to save a miraculous amount of money.

Your friend almost certainly got exactly what he paid for. But hey, he can brag that it''s 2 carats.

Mister 1.54

Rough_Rock
I just bought an e-ring about 888 Brannan (Gift Center) at a place called Derco''s. I had a fairly good experience there, but the prices were at least 10% more than PS prices. I agree with other posts...that you need to be able to trust the vendor. I heard some horror stories about other vendors at the Gift Center (taking advantage of unedcuated buyers) and I only went to Derco based on my friends (who have spent combined 100''s of thousands of dollars there over the years) recommendation. I would be careful shopping at the GC...but if you are armed with the right information, you can probably get a good deal.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
My brother and all of his buddies bought their e-rings at the SF Jewelry Mart. My guess is at Dercos, but I haven''t had a chance to ask the specifics. I have no idea what kind of deal he got, but his (now her) ring is a beautiful 3 stone EC.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results