shape
carat
color
clarity

The Deed Is Done

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone -

Sorry I haven''t been around. The week before vaca was crazy and then I wasn''t on the computer during the vaca. J proposed on our trip!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I really didn''t think he would, because I thought he''d torture me a lot longer. As it turns out, he figured that was the only way he could surprise me. I actually found the ring by accident the day before he did it because I needed something out of his suitcase - it fell out of one of the pockets. I resisted looking though...that was SOOOO hard, but worth it.

We had joked that he''s so unromantic he''d ask me in the bathroom, and although he didn''t do that, he did do it as I came out half-dressed, getting ready for dinner. Suffice to say, the timing was a surprise. Although I''d picked out the diamond, I''d never seen it in person, and I''d given him a choice of two settings, so seeing the ring all-together for the first time was so exciting and so much better than I''d expected since the setting is complimented by the diamond. I highly recommend holding off seeing it finished prior to the proposal if you can. I am so happy with everything and can''t wait to be a Mrs.! It feels a little funny wearing the ring since I''m not used to fancy jewelry, but I''ll get over that I''m sure.
31.gif

Also - I gave him his watch when we got back, and he loved it. I sort of wish I''d gone with the motorcycle, but oh well. *shrug*

Specs:
Setting - Kirk Kara platinum and diamonds, 38 little diamonds, don''t remember the ct weight.
Diamond - RB Hearts & Arrows from white flash
1.31 ct, H, SI1 eye clean

Ok, here are some photos, in a collage. I hope it''s not too big, and they are not the greatest, it really is hard to get good ones and my camera doesn''t have a good macro lens.

bahringcollage.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your ring is gorgeous!!! I can''t believe you didn''t peek...you are a very strong woman!

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Oh my! I LOVE your ring!! It''s gorgeous! I can''t believe you didn''t peek either! I''m totally impressed! Congratulations! That must have been a really special trip!
36.gif
I really like the watch you picked too! That''s great that he loved it!
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
woohoo blue chica!
36.gif
36.gif

i love the ring.. completely gorgeous!! congrats...
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
BlueChica! What a beautiful ring! Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys. :) It was really hard not to peek. I kept going back and forth coming really close to doing it, but in the end I just wanted to preserve SOME element of surprise, especially since it was important to him that it be a bit of a surprise.

I''m mesmerized by the sparklies!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations
36.gif

I always have my fingers crossed for girls who get whisked away on vacation or go out for a ''dinner date''

Here''s wishing you the best!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS BLUE CHICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ring is gorgeous.. wear it in good health!!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Bluechica!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you 100% sure that you weren''t looking for the ring in his suitcase
2.gif
? lol! I love the fabulous ring and the cute story. Congratulations, now you can start PLANNING THE WEDDING (oh and buying wedding **** without guilt)!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

-lovey

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
WooHoo! Happy, happy for BlueChica!
36.gif
Congratulations, did you take any photos while on your trip? I am so happy for you, and can only hope some of that vacation proposal dust floats over my way....

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
(Oh JenWill, I think it will.....you''re next on my list, young lady!!!!)

BLUECHICA!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It is GORGEOUS!!!! And you were SURPRISED!!! HOORAY--I love the ring, love the watch, love the story, love the title of your thread.....So excited for you and J!! SO NICE to have another lady crossed off. Hooray! It looks so delicate and antique-y....I really like the setting and can''t wait to see more!!!!!

(And FTLOD, I love the DD theme we have going here--NICE new avatar--I think that was from the scene where "Hungry Eyes" is playing?
3.gif
)

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay yay yay!!! The ring is just beautiful BlueChica!!! Many congratulations to you and J!!!!!!!!! And the watch is great too! Wow, what a fun vacation right??? And I agree, even if you know it''s there, it''s totally worth it to not peek ~ but so very hard not to!!! Congrats again!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh yay!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Your ring is beautiful!!!! And I''m glad he was able to surprise you
9.gif

I wasn''t going to check pricescope at work, because i felt like i was looking way too much lately...but I''m so glad I did
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray, blue chica!!!!
36.gif
I love it when they manage to sneak it in and surprise us even though we know it''s coming. Kudos to him--and what a beautiful ring!! (And watch!
2.gif
)

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again ladies!!! The surprise aspect is so cool...aaaaaaaalmost makes me think I shouldn''t have picked it out...but not quite.

Lovey - Congrats to you too, your ring is some SERIOUS bling! As for looking...um, no, not entirely! But in my defense...well, it just fell out, and I DID have a reason to go in there, it wasn''t like I was pawing through. He should have hidden it better! ;-) I didn''t know where it fell out of, so I ended up telling my best bud, who was along on the trip, in a very frantic way - go in there and take care of it!!! And you have to tell him it was you!!! I originally planned to tell him the truth, but he was so proud of himself for it being a surprise...well, what are you going to do? As soon as I saw it I knew I didn''t want to look. Two very good friends of ours just announced their engagement, so I''ll have planning buddies. The best part is they are a gay couple, so I''ve got TWO girls to frantically plan with!

Jenwill - I have very good feelings about your vacation. Honestly, I don''t think they can resist the vacation aura. Especially Hawaii, that''s where you''re going right? It is SO a done deal, I just hope he does it early to save you the wondering and then you can enjoy your new engagement all trip long in that romantic atmosphere!

Thanks so much blueroses, blue824, GG - you all are wonderful and so supportive and I am SO gonna scream when you guys get it! Teebee, thanks for the congrats, isn''t the first bit exciting?!!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and here are a couple of pics from the trip. Post-post-proposal-dinner (I look really goofy) -> Us at the top of the mountain
J asking who''s got a ring? -> Me chewing my finger in delight as an excuse to get the ring in the pic.

BAHProposal_Collage.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Such great pics!!!!! Adorable! Where were you guys? Tahoe?--looks gorgeous. FUN!!

....eta, CONGRATS on the Superbowl!! The Pats win and you get engaged in the same week!!?? YAY!
36.gif
36.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
It was Snowbird, UT. It is spectacular! I don''t want to fill up everyone''s browsers with pics, but it''s stunning. There''s not much else going on there besides skiing, though, so we may transfer the time-share elsewhere in the future, though the sentimentality of it may keep us coming back after all.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!! Its a beautiful ring! The list of LIW is dropping like flies!!! And I think its sweet that he proposed while you were getting ready for dinner!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Blue - I told J that I was saving myself for Tom Brady (he''s so dreamy), but we could get married in the meantime. GO PATS!!!
16.gif

MelissaSue - Thanks :) He is definitely a sweetie.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
We''ve never been skiing but it looks like a great way for two people to hang out and have a lot of fun (and get engaged)!

You two are adorable!!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
WOOHOO BlueChica Congrats! How wonderful! See, after much agonizing, isn''t it wonderful that you didn''t peak? I wish you & J nothing but the health, wealth & happiness as you start your life together.

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Bluechica: Congratulations to you and J. What a sweet proposal. So impressed you didn''t peek. Gorgeous ring!
All the best and happy planning!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, BLUECHICA!!! Great news and an absolutely beautiful ring! I am bowled over by your restraint! I probably would have been "pawing" through my BF''s luggage in the first place!
20.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Congradulations Chica! Adore the pics.. they''re too cute. Getting engaged in Snowbird.... awww I''m so jelly.
30.gif
The ring detail is gorgeous. Enjoy it and ofcos him in good health.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, Blue Chica! Congratulations on a really lovely proposal! I''m soooooo happy for you, and your ring is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

1.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
You guys are such an adorable couple! The ring is a knock out and you two looks so happy! And what a lovely setting to get engaged in! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again guys! NoonersMom, your snow angel comment made me laugh. During the huge snowstorm here in Boston a couple of weeks ago fiance and I (what''s the abbreviation for fiance, have to start calling him that) put on our skiing gear and made snow angels in the common. He got on one knee at one point and was fishing in his pocket so I thought he might be proposing...and I thought DON''T DROP IT! WE''LL NEVER FIND IT IN THE SNOW. Of course he was just getting chapstick and helping me up, and he couldn''t have had the ring all done by then anyway...

As for my restraint...I say again it''s worth it. It''s different knowing you will probably be getting it within a few days, rather than poor folks who have had it in the house with them for months. I am sure I would have looked in that case, nobody has that much willpower!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS BLUECHICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s gorgeous, and how romantic and sweet!!!! My mom and stepdad got engaged (without a ring, so it couldn''t fall in the snow!!) at the top of the slopes at Tahoe. How exciting for you both!!!! Best wishes to you both!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful- your story, you two as a couple and that ring!
I''m going to suggest that whenever you get in the car to drive, turn that stone so you can''t see it- otherwise you''re sure to rear-end someone
25.gif
it''s so easy to get lost in the e-ring stare....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results