shape
carat
color
clarity

The Contender - Robbins Brothers Round Brilliant (Flare?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the contender to the radiant. Like an Etoile but with a smaller band from Ritani.

At Robbins Brothers the "diamond consultant" recommended this diamond..What do you say?

GIA: Round Brilliant - but I think she called it a "Flare" cut???
26.gif

This rock is $14,500 (w/o the band)

7.38x7.42x4.33
1.5 C
H

Depth: 58.5
Table: 62
Girdle: slightly thick to thick faceted?
cutlet: none
p: good
sym: good
clarity:vs2

Flor: MEDIUM BLUE?

Ritanibezel.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what ''flare'' is...

and would need a handful more info to figure out what this diamond looks like without touching it.

The price looks close to what H&A diamonds sell for (like this one ) and that would be the highest cut quality around. Others without such pedigree go for less...

The setting style ( a half bezel hardly covering a third of the girdle) looks quite trendy - a few designer lines have similar things. I wonder how safe is though, for leaving so much of the diamond''s girdle in the air. After all, if the diamond gets damaged, Ritani doesn''t have to worry about it - you do.

My 2c

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We need crown and pavillion angles. Also I have never heard of the flare cut either. Medium blue flouresence isn''t a bad thing unless it makes the stone appear cloudy or milky. My stone has medium blue and I love it.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Maybe it was an Alexi cut? Or am I losing it?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2006 8:35:05 PM
Author: tracys126
Maybe it was an Alexi cut? Or am I losing it?

Still have not head about it and a search on the website of Robbins Bros. yielding nothing. What does the lab report call the cut?

There are dozens and dozens of brand name diamonds - some classic cut ones that represent a store's selection (like the 'A Cut Above' at Whiteflash here) and some fancy cut rounds with a different style of facets than the usual round brilliant (those would probably be called 'modified round brilliant' on most lab reports).

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ana,

hmmm, i can't remember. shoot!~

anyway, i am starting to search for a really strong IDEAL (hopefully AGS) diamond for the Ritani half-bezel I like. I am not into the warmer colors unfortunately, and some of H rounds I have seen haven't really done it for me either. Yet, at Tiffany's the Hs were nice ;-) I dont want to go below a VS.

i need something that faces up really full because this setting looks best with a 2c.

my budget won't allow for that. im stuck at about $15kish for the rock. Oh poor me!
39.gif

Thanks,
Tracy

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please check out www.pearlmans.com Bill sells the Ritani line as well as great diamonds. He is a pleasure to work with.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Tracy the H you mentioned was 14.5k and had a face up diameter of 7.38x7.42x4.33 I posted one from James Allen which was a 1.71 H VS2 and had a 7.77*7.80*4.64 and is 750$ less, and as you can see from the other info is a well cut stone. If you don’t like the warmer colored stones, that is fine. But every stone I posted in the top half of my first post in this thread had the same face up or better was an H or higher in color and less then the cost of the stone you posted, and most importantly they are all well cut stones, which yours sounds a little deep. If you like the Ritani setting you may also want to contact Bill Pearlman. http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Matatora,

I like the 1.71 and it was one I kept coming back to for the last few days!...How come in your post you listed it at $13,775 and on the website it was $14500?!

Ooh, I am excited! :)

Tracy
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2006 9:43:10 PM

anyway, i am starting to search for a really strong IDEAL (hopefully AGS) diamond for the Ritani half-bezel I like.
Wouldn't worry much about AGS vs GIA as long as the proportions read nice. Like the 1.5 cts in the previous post.
38.gif

And VS... what if there is a lucky SI out there ?

Anyway, how does 1.7cts sound
2.gif
H/VS2

And 2 cts H/SI1
28.gif

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, 1.7? I don't know, let me think about it..YES! YES! YES!
36.gif
See above post about my thoughts on this one!

I know, everyone keeps saying go to an eyeclean SI, but I just can't do it. Not sure why. But can't
41.gif

Tracy

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2006 9:55:28 PM
Matatora,

I like the 1.71 and it was one I kept coming back to for the last few days!...How come in your post you listed it at $13,775 and on the website it was $14500?!

Ooh, I am excited! :)

Tracy
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I posted the price with the pricescope discount!
2.gif
Search by Cut will show you the PS price!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results