shape
carat
color
clarity

The "Born Digital" generation?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's an article on fast-food (uhm, fast-crap) restaurants replacing employees with digital order-taking kiosks.
It's accelerating here in California since a recent law raised the minimum wage from $16 to $20.

SNIP
"... there is a customer preference for autonomous ordering, especially among the “born digital” demographic, or younger consumers ... "

When I got to the term, "Born Digital", I threw up a little in my mouth.

Well I'm proud to scream from the hilltops that I'm the "Born Analog" gen.
Let's call us, Gen BA.
I fight what I see as the bad elements of tech tooth and nail.
I won't play.
And when I do, I keep my eyes wide open and play by my rules.

Sure, my generation'll be gone soon, but I for one recognize how technology has damaged society.
Gen "BD" has no clue because they're raised in it.
It reminds me of how important it is to the lifeblood of religions to get those kids into Sunday (or Saturday) School before they're old enough to think and reason. :knockout:

It all happened so a few billionaire fat cats can get even fatter while the public doesn't notice they are gradually being dumbed down :knockout:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting to read that suicide rates are on the rise in the US and no doubt elsewhere, I wonder if the two are related?

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting to read that suicide rates are on the rise in the US and no doubt elsewhere, I wonder if the two are related?

Quite possible. Online bullying, for example.

Here's an article on fast-food (uhm, fast-crap) restaurants replacing employees with digital order-taking kiosks.
It's accelerating here in California since a recent law raised the minimum wage from $16 to $20.

Raising the minimum wage affects small businesses most, they're the ones operating on small margins and small turnover, they're the ones who have the most difficulty handling increased cost of business.

I have no idea what the american fast food chains are crying about. Oh, our profits will be very slightly lower now, boo-hoo.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, no biggie.
Now that Ronald McDonal has his kiosks, those people aren't needed.

:eek2::eek2::eek2:
:nono::nono::nono:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, my generation'll be gone soon, but I for one recognize how technology has damaged society.

I agree with this. Sure, all generations have good things and bad but IMO the negative outweighs the positive for the BD generation.
Of course I may be biased.

I am technically Gen X but feel in reality I straddle two generations and cultures. Like many Gen Xers my outlook is pragmatic, self-reliant and skeptical. I am socially liberal. But like a baby boomer I value hard work, security, peace and accomplishment.
Let's face it the artificial separation between generations is just that. Artificial. In real life we ebb and flow and it's a mish mosh

And every generation before always feels/felt they are the "best" so lol just give it time. We are all so imperfect.
Though I do agree technology is a double edge sword and I am glad I grew up spending my free time outdoors. Cycling, playing and enjoying nature

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results