shape
carat
color
clarity

The best and worst songs at weddings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are a few threads over in BWW that are about songs you hear at weddings, and I thought I''d bring the discussion over here too. What are the best songs you''ve heard for one of the traditional dances (father/daughter, mother/son, first dance for the happy couple, last song of the evening, etc.)?

What are the worst songs you''ve heard? Have you heard any that you were like, "why on earth did they choose THAT?"

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think everyone has different tastes, and you can''t please everyone at your reception with your choice of music. I will say this: DH and I specifically wanted to convey a certain old-school feel at our reception and requested that our DJ play a ton of Frank Sinatra, as well as old Motown favorites. We had a Sunday afternoon wedding with an outdoor ceremony and inside reception at a country club and we just wanted people to kick back and relax and enjoy the chilled-out vibe. We didn''t have any newer, trendy traditional music like the macarena or electric slide or chicken dance, etc. We wanted "cool" and "no cheesiness." But then again we''ve been to weddings where we both got pretty ripped and did the electric slide, so I can''t say that it''s a horrible thing to have such songs played at a reception. They''re just a little bit tired, knim? Now if everyone knew "My Lipgloss" and the dance that goes with it, that might be fun, LOL! J/K!

You just have to go with what you and your FI really want the vibe of your reception to be. Look at the other elements of your reception, your decor, etc. Are they contemporary, are they eclectic, are they hip or classic? That will give you a good starting point of which music to request.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results