shape
carat
color
clarity

the beginnings of my sapphire RHR

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild - neither can I! I pick it up tomorrow unless my husband is able to swing by the jeweler today and it happens to be ready (which I doubt - they really wanted until Friday). Excited!!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
Such a gorgeous shade of blue...beautiful sapphire. Can't wait to see pics of the final result. Will be stunning!!! :love: :appl:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: the beginnings of my sapphire RHR - PHOTOS OF FINISHED R

My husband picked it up today! Yay! Here are a few details from the appraisal (which came in at almost 60% more than we paid!).

14k white gold, milgrain, engraved "curlicues" and flowers on shank
sapphire is from Sri Lanka, 1.26 carats, 6.02 mm x 4.20 mm
very fine, vivid, slightly violet blue color
very lightly included, excellent cut
sapphire set in 6 prongs
sixteen diamonds ranging from 1.0 to 1.6 mm each, weighing .20 ctw, F/G, VS1 and VS2, excellent cut
ring measures 9 mm in width at top of ring, tapers to 2.4 mm at bottom

Now onto some pics. It is SO hard to photograph. These are with my iPhone, so I may try to get macros with my camera at some point. You'll see the prongs are v-shaped on the sides and more of a ribbon prong on top and bottom. The prongs are the only thing I'm just a tad concerned about - but I know they are part of the design. I'm sure I could have them altered if I wanted to, but I'll live with it for a bit. Any input is appreciated!

_8240.jpg

_8222.jpg

_8223.jpg

_8241.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It really is stunning!! I do see what you mean about the prongs. I'd live with it a bit before making any decision. Enjoy your new ring!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!! :love: :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow love that blue color, very pretty.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I have a week of vacation coming up so I'll spend some time seeing how I feel about the prongs. Not really sure what my options might be there anyway!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's so beautiful!!! The sapphire just sings.

Does the appraisal mention the treatment of the sapphire? If not you'll probably want to ask your jeweler. As I'm sure you know, natural unheated sapphires cost more than heat treated which cost significantly more than diffused sapphires. It will help you figure out what value to use for insurance purposes.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rosebloom! It doesn't mention treatment but I'll ask. I need to meet with him to discuss the prongs - I am pretty sure they are going to bother me as they are now. I need suggestions from PSers about what to suggest he do with them.

Anyone have any ideas? I want to be able to see the roundness of the stone so I'm thinking either four or six simple prongs. Thoughts?

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Such a rich shade of blue! Stunning ring. Congrats!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ashleigh!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results