shape
carat
color
clarity

The Battle of the Bezels

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
to complicate matters, there's always THIS preciousss too.
6.gif
i love how the setting swoops down around the side of the stone.

Mege2.JPG

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I'm a newbie here but after reading this thread I thought maybe you would like to see this ring. It already has a cushion cut center stone with the pave in the band. IMO, it doesn't really matter WHAT style you choose it is going to be BEAUTIFUL! Your taste is impeccable!
lickout.gif

richardlandi1_1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OOOOh, I really like that one Didiamond! Awful purty

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the compliments! that ring is gorgeous, didiamond--very similar to how i would want my ring to look from the side! is that from richard landi's site?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Reena, the last one you posted is definitely my favorite of the Leon Mege's, but I wouldn't use it as an e-ring because there's no way a w-ring would fit well next to it.

I love the others you've posted, bezel, non, and hybrid, with the exception of the one in the first picture without the edges. It just doesn't look as refined to me. I do agree with the others, though; if I *had* to choose one I think I'd choose the one with the asscher.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/25/2004 10:26:39 AM reena wrote:

now my fear is, without some sort of computer program or whatever, how will would i know what MY stone would look like in the rest of these settings (for ex, the asscher)? ----------------

I bet that the first step designing a ring involves pen, paper and a schetch. I do not know how Leon Meje works, but most designers are good draftsmen - either on paper or using some software or both. I can definitely play wth bitmaps like this some more, but only the maker of the ring could definitely guarantee that what you see is what you get. Actually, I hope that my schetch does nto count as mistreatment of someone else's proprietary images
6.gif

It is customary to see the cast model beforehand, but this works, well, only if the setting is cast. Thse ones seem to be made otherwise, so there may be no wax model.

Anyway, I bet this is one problem that was solved by leon a long time ago, since such important pieces as he displays would not be made blidly. Quite on the contrary.

And surely the last model (the one with the pad sapphire) gets my vote
2.gif
Not only seems perfectly suitable to a 2 carat cushion, but it is definitely beyond what run of the mill fabrication can produce. And... it looks like there would be room for a wedding band aside - if not straight away, than with the slightest modification. If more angles of the same model would be available, this could be clear enough.

Can't wait to see the spectacular conclusion of this project, sure that
9.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the advice. i'm sure you're right--i can't be the first picky customer leon has ever had, especially considering that all of the pieces on his site contain some gi-normous diamonds.
9.gif
i'm sure he'll be able to tell me which setting he thinks would look best with my stone.

at this point i think im leaning towards the asscher--although who knows what it would look like from the side. sigh. love the setting on that pink sapphire too.

below is a picture that closely approximates the non-bezel setting i tried on and really liked the other day. the only difference is really that on the ring i tried, there was a mich wider split in the shank at the place where one portion of it curves up to the side of the stone. it looked a little more graceful that way.

NewA.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG- you are driving yourself crazy...you know that?
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
reena and didiamond...where are those pictures from???

reena

Ideal_Rock
tell me about it. driving myself UP-THE-WALL. seriously.

sorry, can't remember where that picture came from either, i'm bad. i think that didiamonds's is a richard landi (if you look at what she named the attachment down at the bottom).

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Reena, I'm sorry that you are driving yourself crazy, but THANK YOU. I'm doing the same thing, and we seem to have the same taste. Thanks for starting this thread!
appl.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Reena, I'm confused- which setting most resembles your ring?
What's it gonna look like??????

reena

Ideal_Rock
lol, 7/1, i can certainly see why you'd be confused given how many completely different style rings are posted on this thread. the reason for this is that the thread is an old one that i posted before i made a final decision on a setting.

the setting i ended up choosing is below.
love.gif
hopefully my ring will end up looking very similar to this one, except with a cushion shaped stone as opposed to an RB.

THERING1.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, that's a beauty.
Geez- you're going to have to get regular manicures now (if you don't already) Or maybe Jennifer could teach a class.

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks 7/1! i really love it. just hope it comes out as nice as i am imagining.

i would SO take jennifer's manicure class--i'm terrible at them myself.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the one with the pinkish stone--the last you posted is my fave--less is more..

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Reena:

I think (my opinion and words only) that Leon doesn't focus on the bands as much. I get the feeling the setting should be perfect for the stone and the wearer and the band is secondary to him. NOW ...I think he's in the camp of with larger important stones and an equally important setting that the band is a slim little piece that floats in its own plane............just my two cents

reena

Ideal_Rock
sorry, confused: when you say "the bands" as opposed to "the setting" you mean?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think bands = wedding bands

reena

Ideal_Rock
ah, maybe so. the band is still a dilemma for me. but it's sort of exciting to have another fun diamond project on the horizon!

yesterday in the deli i saw a lady with an emerald cut eternity band similar to the daniel k assher one we were talking about the other day. it looked OK--but maybe a little too bulky for my finger.

jakal38238

Rough_Rock
Hello, I need help finding a place that I can purchase a JUST the bezel setting for my diamond I just bought...a 0.90cwt / F- VVS1 diamond. It is an engagement ring, needs to be a solitaire and preferrably two-tone (band yellow gold and the actual mount for hte diamond white gold). i have been searching online for it but can not find WHERE I can buy JUST the setting and not the setting and the diamond. Please help...thanks.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2005 5:36:51 AM
Author: jakal38238
Hello, I need help finding a place that I can purchase a JUST the bezel setting for my diamond I just bought...a 0.90cwt / F- VVS1 diamond. It is an engagement ring, needs to be a solitaire and preferrably two-tone (band yellow gold and the actual mount for hte diamond white gold). i have been searching online for it but can not find WHERE I can buy JUST the setting and not the setting and the diamond. Please help...thanks.
1.gif
bezel settings are most of the time customized to fit the stoen... so not many are sold loose.

What do you have in mind ? And who will set the stone ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results