carat
color
clarity

The AWESOME Toy Thread

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 5:01:22 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Here''s a review for the Step 2 buggy $44.

I decided to get this one vs the Cozy Coupe (even though the made in USA was a big draw) because I read that it takes awhile to assemble the Coupe. I''m tired of assembling things! The Step 2 buggy was easy to assemble...TGuy did it in about 15 minutes and is easy to push. I also have a tall girl on my hands and was concerned she''d be too tall for the coupe (even though the thing looks pretty tall for the photos). However she is almost too big for the Step 2 buggy as well, with her knees bunched up against the wheel.

She does love it and I think it''s fun to push her to the park. It''s probably not going to be a toy we use for a long time, but my mom wanted to buy her a bday present and this is what she chose to get Amelia.
Tgal: how''re you making out with this? I''m thinking of crazy coupe but so many kids in the hood have this buggy....
If it''s too soon to tell, no worries, I can wait ;-).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 3:19:05 PM
Author: janinegirly

Date: 4/27/2010 5:01:22 PM
Here''s a review for the Step 2 buggy $44.

I decided to get this one vs the Cozy Coupe (even though the made in USA was a big draw) because I read that it takes awhile to assemble the Coupe. I''m tired of assembling things! The Step 2 buggy was easy to assemble...TGuy did it in about 15 minutes and is easy to push. I also have a tall girl on my hands and was concerned she''d be too tall for the coupe (even though the thing looks pretty tall for the photos). However she is almost too big for the Step 2 buggy as well, with her knees bunched up against the wheel.

She does love it and I think it''s fun to push her to the park. It''s probably not going to be a toy we use for a long time, but my mom wanted to buy her a bday present and this is what she chose to get Amelia.
Tgal: how''re you making out with this? I''m thinking of crazy coupe but so many kids in the hood have this buggy....
If it''s too soon to tell, no worries, I can wait ;-).
She still likes it, but I think it will be a short lived toy. Good thing I didn''t buy it for her!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
M was given the buggy for her 1st birthday, and we returned it. Then we went to a birthday party at the park, where the parents brought along the buggy for their second child who is 8 months old. Well M basically took it over, and loved being pushed around in it. So we ended up buying it for her again. She still likes to ride on it sometimes, but she loves pushing it around now. IMO the buggy and the cozy coupe are different thing. Although the kid can push off with their feet with the buggy, it''s not really intended for that, whereas the cozy coupe is.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s why I am glad I got the cozy coupe version with a handle. Best of both worlds. The door screws closed and there is a floor board so we can wheel her around and now that she is bigger we will remove the door screw, handle and floor board.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good point about the cozy coupe. Seems like a cool toy, but I''m lazy when it comes to assembly and took the easy way out!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 4:55:58 PM
Good point about the cozy coupe. Seems like a cool toy, but I''m lazy when it comes to assembly and took the easy way out!!!

I am not handy at ALL but my mom and I put it together. Didn''t take too long. I am not sure they make the one I have anymore though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 7:45:51 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 5/4/2010 4:55:58 PM

I am not handy at ALL but my mom and I put it together. Didn''t take too long. I am not sure they make the one I have anymore though.
Tacori, I am SO lazy. I''m starting to buy one product over another if it has frustration free packaging. I hate even getting stuff out of the box.

This, I have to say, is where my husband comes in handy. TGuy is the rare breed that actually even reads instructions before proceeding. He hates the way I rip boxes and bags apart.

Plus, I bet you and your mom are savvier than the average bear, hehe.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 4:50:20 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
That''s why I am glad I got the cozy coupe version with a handle. Best of both worlds. The door screws closed and there is a floor board so we can wheel her around and now that she is bigger we will remove the door screw, handle and floor board.

Good to know!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I have another favorite toy to add - LeapFrog Learning Friends Phonics Bus Vehicle

D received this bus as a gift at his first birthday party. At first I thought it was pretty boring and the thought of returning it crossed my mind. I''m so glad I didn''t! It''s one of his favorite toys now. It has lots of features that are great as they grow. The wheels are strurdy and he enjoys pushing it around, loves dancing to the The Wheels on the Bus and ABC song, and now that he''s starting to talk more, he repeats the letters, sounds, and words. Lots of educational and fun entertainment!

abcbus.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
cute toy snlee!

does anyone have suggestions on CD''s for toddlers? Trying to wean her off the TV a bit, and a fun CD might help!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
any ideas for a 3 year old girl? we have a birthday party to attend and i have no idea what to get her.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 11:15:54 AM
Author: jcrow
any ideas for a 3 year old girl? we have a birthday party to attend and i have no idea what to get her.

I love Melissa & Doug''s cutting food or pizza party for older kids. Also think a 3 year old would love art supplies. How much you want to spend?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
art supplies sound right up my alley :]
price range $25-$45

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 1:27:33 PM
Author: jcrow
art supplies sound right up my alley :]

price range $25-$45

I figured. Maybe get a tackle box and load it up! Paint her name on it. T loves glitter glue, markers, crayons, stickers, etc. I get a lot of stuff from the dollar store. Those ball things or plastic goggly eyes. Anything I can glue down for her. Michael''s has a nice selection. They also make kits and make your own chalk thingy. That looks cool. Just look for the age recommendation. Personally I think her age + a year is ok. So I give T toys that say 3+. Also T just got a doctor''s kit she is obsessed with. So if you know she doesn''t have one of those. A small box of dress up clothes would be appropriate too.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ohh! that sounds like a fun idea. i''m going to check out micheal''s and see what goodies i can put together for her. thanks for the idea!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like step 2 buggy has been recalled. Sorry ladies.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Geez another recalls. I just checked our buggy, and it''s not the one with the yellow knob. So we are ok, well for time being.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 4:44:30 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Geez another recalls. I just checked our buggy, and it''s not the one with the yellow knob. So we are ok, well for time being.

recalls are so annoying. Glad your buggy isn''t one of them!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Got a new toy to add... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2310754 picked one up at Goodwill really cheap, and Kyle LOVES it. I would say 18 months+ is a better age, I don't think he would have gotten the idea before now. It's better for outdoors though, it doesn't turn the best and he likes to run over our shoes in the house.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MustangGal said:
Got a new toy to add... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2310754 picked one up at Goodwill really cheap, and Kyle LOVES it. I would say 18 months+ is a better age, I don't think he would have gotten the idea before now. It's better for outdoors though, it doesn't turn the best and he likes to run over our shoes in the house.

T also has that (in pink, naturally) and loves it. It took her awhile to figure it out. It is ONLY used outdoors at our house. We have a big yard so she can zoom all over the place. I got mine at Target when they had a sale.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Target is having some huge "Black Friday" in July sale on Friday. Online only, but supposedly tons of toys will be on sale. Just FYI.

Also, TRU is doing some huge thing this weekend too. Not sure what it covers, but can't hurt to check it out.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so I've tried to post this 3 times now and I keep losing my post!

One last try-

Toys for O's first birthday. I've read this thread and have some questions on some suggested toys.

1. Ball Pit- There are so many. Does it matter which one I get, are there things I should look for? TACORI, I like the one you posted in this thread, but it looks so big. Is it too big to leave out in the house?

2. Slide- Someone (MUSTANG maybe) posted this awesome slide. Says for 2 years plus. Think ok for 1 yr old? O is pretty physical and can climb pretty well. Still. Maybe better for Christmas gift?
http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1499

3. Cozy Coupe vs. Step 2 Push Buggy??? Obv won't get the one that was recalled. What I want is something that I can push him around in, but that I wouldn't have to lean over to do so.

4. Chair- Want to get him his own chair. The soft kind, not the cute ones posted on this thread that go with a table. The one I really want is too pricey. The only other ones that seem decent are at Pottery Barn Kids. They are cute, but so don't go with our house at all. Anybody have one of these? Thoughts?
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products ... ft-seating

5. Kawasaki Ride- OR should I get this instead of the car?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2310754

I don't want to get too many toys. So if you were to pick 2, which would you pick?

Thanks in advance!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
did anyone's kiddo have the Playskool Step Walk and Ride toy... it's $13.50 on Walmart and has good reviews.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
China, her playroom is a nice size so we leave it out all the time. Not sure they make the style we have anymore. I know MrsS was interested in it. We have a cozy coupe car with a detachable handle and removable floor board. We love it since she could use it really young and it really will grow with her. We have since removed the floor and handle. Not sure they make THAT anymore either! Also, I have to say that O would love his own little chair. I have seen them at Target as well. A friend made one for my daughter and she lays/sits on it everyday.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tacori! Will research the cozy coupe b/c I definitely want something that can grow with him.

Mara- Think we have that one, it was given to us as a gift. O likes it. I am lukewarm on it. He can stand and push it just fine, but it doesn't roll very smoothly on hardwood floors so I have to walk behind him the whole time in case he slips. And that is a major PITA on your back. But it works great on carpet. Also, when it folds down into a ride toy it's pretty cool. Though he hasn't quite mastered making it move when it's like that. But for $14, not bad. It definitely helps him balance and get comfortable on his feet. He's really fast with it now.

My BFF swears by one made by parenting magazine and it's made of wood.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CC it's normally $21 and we have a gift card so it'd basically be free. There are so many toys it's hard to figure out what's good. I read you can put masking tape on the wheels for wood floors which apparently gives it traction. But I am also wondering if J will be too tall to comfortably ride it when he's old enough to. It's so hard to find height information for toys, irritating actually!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
China, we're thinking of getting that slide for Jacks for either his birthday or christmas too! I've been scouring craigslist but not having any luck, so if he gets any money or gcs for his bday, we'll go ahead and get it.

Anyway, I just wanted to post Jackson's favorite toy. I bought it at a consignment sale when he was too young to play with it, so even though he liked the song it played, I put it away, and I brought it out for our 16 hour car trip when we moved to florida. He seriously played with it for HOURS in the car (until he threw it or the block and then screamed because he wanted it back), and then also in the hotel rooms. He loves pushing around the block like a car, throwing it like dice, etc., and he also loves turning the pages, pushing the music button, and putting the block where it actually goes to make the animal sounds.

A lot of the toys on this thread seem like bigger, pricier things, so I wanted to post a really awesome small and affordable toy! I think it will be a favorite of his for a long time!

http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Tads-Cou ... B000067818

Leapfrog.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
We got my nephew the All Sports Climber/Slide for his first birthday and while it says 2+ he really enjoys it already. He can't really navigate the steps yet so we just set him on the slide and someone 'catches' him at the end. The sports aspect seemed kind of lame when we set it up though. He is obviously too young right now to have any real interest in the sports part, but maybe it will seem fun to him when he gets a bit older?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
CC
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the toys on the list. If you can find the Cozy Coupe with handle, then I would get that instead of the Push Buggy.

Mara
We got M the Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride before, and she wasn't really a fan. The issue was the wheels don't really rotate, so it was kind of hard for her to push. She used our nephew's Mater Ride-On when she was around 10 months. She likes pushing it around. She then got the Disney princess one as a gift for her birthday. If I were you, I would get something like that.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! And Sabine, thanks for posting a less expensive toy as well.

Here's what I found for Cozy Coupe. Does this "handle" look too low for an adult to push without having to bend over? I'm not super tall, not super short.

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/cozy-co ... ition.aspx

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results