shape
carat
color
clarity

The April LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 2:07:27 PM
Author: ladypirate
Sorry to hear about your bf's job, DG. Has he been able to find anything else in the meantime?
Not a thing! He keeps getting rejection letters saying he's qualified for the jobs he's applying for, just not AS qualified as others.
38.gif
Now he's trying to get ANYTHING in the Government right now so that he's at least "in" and then he can always get another position once one comes along. Or at least something similar to (government positions) to gain some experience. But he's looking everyday and has applied for many jobs already this month. It's tough out there...

ETA- He's also heard that Government employees who were expected to retire aren't retiring because of the economy. They want to save more money first. So they aren't making room for the new guys!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 2:07:24 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

When it rains, it pours I guess.
20.gif
14.gif
2009 $ucks thus far. lol That's the update on me...

it sure does!! heres some dust for your SO and Grandma.

eta - and dust for you too, of course. I am sorry that your SO keeps on getting the rejection letters too. its just the worse. i wish those people would still grant the interview. sometimes its not just about the qualifications!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Nice to see you LP and DG!

Dreamgirl- that stinks about your BF...

Jcarly- AH! I would not like that schedule!!! Don''t you get burned out easily?!?!

Elle- Aren''t your classes almost over though? our finals are next week, and I know you guys normally finish before us...

Here is my schedule today:

Got to sleep in till 11 (first time all semester!!!!) because field placement finished last week...
Did math homework till 1:15,
then met with my teacher for English paper at 1:30..
Now I''m just procrastinating till I have math at 3,

then I have a break till 5 and my LAST English class this semester!!! Then
coming back and MAYBE doing homework... we''ll see how that goes!

TIme for more math!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
jcarly- Thank you sweets!
2.gif
S, his grandma (and even me) need all the dust they can get!

ILA- It certainly does! I can only hope that it gets better from here..

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 2:21:53 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13

Jcarly- AH! I would not like that schedule!!! Don''t you get burned out easily?!?!

um.. as stated earlier i am pretty sure i embedded myself in a brick wall earlier today. it sucks, but gotta pay the bills somehow! also, normally we do not go out on the week days. and on saturdays i do not wake up. ever. for nothin''. MAYBE for a proposal.
31.gif

DG - hopefully your doct appointment goes well! i hate waiting for things like those
38.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Damn Dream, I'm sorry things are crappy right now for you and BF. Sometimes it really does feel like when things are rough, they just get worse. BUT, they will get better. Try to keep your chin up and help BF however you can, even if it's just trying to boost his confidence a bit. He'll find a job, but like for many people right now, it's taking a little longer than usual.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
2.gif
eta: I'm sure that freckle is nothing...but good job taking precautions.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Winter semester is over, ILA, but I still have one more class.
14.gif

I''m taking a 7 week spring class, then I''m done!
10.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 2:53:12 PM
Author: elledizzy5
14.gif

10.gif
Wooo!!! I bet you''re super excited.
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 2:29:39 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 4/29/2009 2:21:53 PM

um.. as stated earlier i am pretty sure i embedded myself in a brick wall earlier today. it sucks, but gotta pay the bills somehow! also, normally we do not go out on the week days. and on saturdays i do not wake up. ever. for nothin''. MAYBE for a proposal.
31.gif

DG - hopefully your doct appointment goes well! i hate waiting for things like those
38.gif
LOL. How bittersweet would that be? Your one day a week to sleep in, and your FF wakes you up early to propose.

It would be tears, hugs, kisses, and a big fat SMACK across the face.
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 2:58:44 PM

Date: 4/29/2009 2:53:12 PM
14.gif

10.gif
Wooo!!! I bet you''re super excited.
36.gif
Trying not to think about it or I might kersplode.

I''ve never wanted a semester to start so badly in my life!
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I think wakey-wakey proposals are sooo sweet.
30.gif
Bad hair/breath and all!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made reservations for FF''s birthday.

We''re staying at a B&B on Mackinac Island for the weekend.

I''m excited!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, guys--so I need to jet for my 6 hour drive (
39.gif
) but I wanted to share this with you all before I leave. On our flight down to California, there was a little boy (maybe 2) sitting in front of us that was OBSESSED with K. Kept flirting with him, looking at him over the back of his chair, etc. It was so adorable--K was getting all clucky. It warmed my heart.

OK, I'll log on from the hotel tonight--see you all later!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 3:07:38 PM
Oh man, guys--so I need to jet for my 6 hour drive (
39.gif
) but I wanted to share this with you all before I leave. On our flight down to California, there was a little boy (maybe 2) sitting in front of us that was OBSESSED with K. Kept flirting with him, looking at him over the back of his chair, etc. It was so adorable--K was getting all clucky. It warmed my heart.

OK, I''ll log on from the hotel tonight--see you all later!
Ew. Be safe on the drive!

That''s adorable about the little boy! Cute stuff.
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK......so I just found out a co-worker of mine is in Mexico with his wife and he will return next week. But we just got an email that mentions travelers in Mexico could possibly have the swine flu and/or its incubating right now with the incubation period longer than most other flu's so if the traveler feels fine now, that's not to say next week they are in the hospital with the swine flu. OMG.
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 4:02:06 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
OK......so I just found out a co-worker of mine is in Mexico with his wife and he will return next week. But we just got an email that mentions travelers in Mexico could possibly have the swine flu and/or its incubating right now with the incubation period longer than most other flu''s so if the traveler feels fine now, that''s not to say next week they are in the hospital with the swine flu. OMG.
20.gif
Umm... I hope that co-worker does not come back to the office right away!
6.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I know it!
23.gif
23.gif
He''s there all week. But the email we just got mentions that if someone comes back from Mexico they shouldn''t return to work until 72 hours after that. But that doesn''t make much sense because what if it''s still in incubation?!?!?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I pulled my groin.

HOW DO YOU PULL YOUR GROIN?????

I can walk most of the time. But I can''t run, which made me feel like **** because I pulled it in the first 5 minutes of my first Ultimate game last night. And I tried playing kickball today...no dice. Seriously, I''m trying to get healthy again. I miss my old body. I want it back. I''m doing well, and finally felt decent enough to get really active again and this happens. I''m so angry. I''m so angry that I don''t get to play my sport or exercise or do anything. I''ve got 20-25 lbs to go, and I''m just ready for this weight to be off so I can have my body back.

PSA for the day: If your feelings tell you that jellybeans will make them better, they''re a bunch of freaking liars. DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE SIREN CALL OF THE JELLYBEAN.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 7:37:19 PM
Author: princesss
I pulled my groin.

I can walk most of the time. But I can''t run, which made me feel like **** because I pulled it in the first 5 minutes of my first Ultimate game last night. And I tried playing kickball today...no dice. Seriously, I''m trying to get healthy again. I miss my old body. I want it back. I''m doing well, and finally felt decent enough to get really active again and this happens. I''m so angry. I''m so angry that I don''t get to play my sport or exercise or do anything. I''ve got 20-25 lbs to go, and I''m just ready for this weight to be off so I can have my body back.

PSA for the day: If your feelings tell you that jellybeans will make them better, they''re a bunch of freaking liars. DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE SIREN CALL OF THE JELLYBEAN.

OUCH! Sorry about your groin! Man that''s gotta hurt.

And... bwahhahaha to your siren jelly beans. Those bastards!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 7:45:01 PM
Date: 4/29/2009 7:37:19 PM

Author: princesss

I pulled my groin.

OUCH! Sorry about your groin! Man that''s gotta hurt.

And... bwahhahaha to your siren jelly beans. Those bastards!

Friggin candy.
38.gif

Oh well. Once I lose the weight it *will* be gone forever. I''m going to get down to where I was when I started college....and then lose the dang 5 pounds I meant to lose then!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
AH Princess- hahah I laughed outloud about the pulling the groin thing- I can''t imagine how that feels! I hope this is isn''t asking to much but have you been losing weight recently? Or are you just trying to? You looked great in that pic of you and your cat!

Elle- I have been wanting to book me and my BF''s anniversary get away but in order to book it I need MONEY!!! Ha I hope you have fun I havent been to Mackinac since I was 14..

Dreamgirl- BOO! Tell him to stay away!! My boss'' sister is supposed to get married in Mexico in two weeks!!! How muh would it SUCK to postpone your wedding because of a PIG FLU!!? At least they are refunding things...

LP- Awwww I love when kids are sweet to men... It''s sooo cute. Melts my heart too! My BF does service learning (like volunteering) in this 1/2 grade classroom, and I guess this one kid loves him so he always comes home with stories about him. It''s so cute hearing him talk about the litle boy.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Anyone here have a klutzy SO? Homeboy just broke a wine glass full of red wine all over our white kitchen! LOL

What's up ladies...whatcha all have for dinner tonight???? I had pasta w/ cherry tomatoes in a balsamic, garlic & olive oil sauce. Sooooo yummy!
18.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 9:45:43 PM
Author: Bia
Anyone here have a klutzy SO? Homeboy just broke a wine glass full of red wine all over our white kitchen! LOL

What''s up ladies...whatcha all have for dinner tonight???? I had pasta w/ cherry tomatoes in a balsamic, garlic & olive oil sauce. Sooooo yummy!
18.gif

LOL. Nice. Way to go, Mr. Bia!
3.gif

I ate Chinese food, and it wasn''t as good as I hoped it would be. FF is out tonight and I don''t know how to cook, so I ordered Chinese delivery.

I regret my decision.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Uggghhh. Chinese take-out always makes me feel like that...it''s better in theory Elle, remember that.

And I really like good chinese food. When it''s good, it''s amazing, but take out for some reason, often disappoints.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I had grilled chicken (thanks to my BF) and celery and ranch and then strawberries... I kind of eat all day literally just grazing... I just eat small portions.

Ha yeah you know when you want something thats not always good like McDonalds??? I got Woody''s (meditteranean) and wanted to know if my BF wanted some- which he was already eating Mcdonalds which didn''t taste so good anymore! ha

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 9:01:14 PM
AH Princess- hahah I laughed outloud about the pulling the groin thing- I can''t imagine how that feels! I hope this is isn''t asking to much but have you been losing weight recently? Or are you just trying to? You looked great in that pic of you and your cat!

Not asking too much at all!

I''ve lost 13.2 lbs so far (yay Weight Watchers!). I''m not heavy technically (my BMI is on the high side of normal) but I am one of those people that has alwasy been naturally slim. My body naturally goes towards the slim side (my BMI now is 23.1 and it used to be around 19.4-ish). It''s just that I''m heavy *for me*, you know? And so it''s really frustrating to feel like the person I was disappeared inside this person I don''t recognize in the mirror. I also have heart problems, and the extra weight was really taxing on my heart. I couldn''t catch my breath, and sometimes I''d have to stop just to try to breathe. I felt like my lungs were going to collapse because I wasn''t able to fill them. Technically I was filling them (I actually have pretty awesome lung capacity), but I didn''t feel like I was. The doctor guessed that it was the extra weight (really, try walking around with 40 extra pounds for a while, it sucks) and asked me to lose weight. After 10 pounds I started feeling better, and as I keep losing weight I feel much, much better, heart-wise. So once I''m back to where my body was naturally, I''m going to stay there. I plan on being around for a while, you know?
2.gif

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I had a salad and two pieces of Hawaiian pizza... yummy!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I love Hawaiian pizza! I remember as a kid I always wanted that as my choice for pizza toppings and my dad and brother always groaned...LOL

IMO, pineapple is good on anything! Yum.
18.gif
18.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah princess- I do know how you feel. I'm 5'3" and I gained a LOT of weight when I got to college. Like in Dec. I weighed 183- that's carrying around a TON of extra weight... so I decided I wanted to lose weight too. I joined Medical Weight Loss (I'm not sure if this is a Midwest thing...) and I have so far lost 31 pounds! I am lighter than I was the summer after highschool! I want to lose about 25 more pounds just to *see* if I can maintain the weight. I feel SO MUCH better though- my BF is a lot more loving, and we are a lot more physical because I am *comfortable* in my skin now...

That's so amazing and I love hearing stories like yours!

ETA I have NEVER tried Hawaiian Pizza!! I know, right?? I feel like everyone has!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 11:30:23 PM
Yeah princess- I do know how you feel. I'm 5'3' and I gained a LOT of weight when I got to college. Like in Dec. I weighed 183- that's carrying around a TON of extra weight... so I decided I wanted to lose weight too. I joined Medical Weight Loss (I'm not sure if this is a Midwest thing...) and I have so far lost 31 pounds! I am lighter than I was the summer after highschool! I want to lose about 25 more pounds just to *see* if I can maintain the weight. I feel SO MUCH better though- my BF is a lot more loving, and we are a lot more physical because I am *comfortable* in my skin now...

That's so amazing and I love hearing stories like yours!
Wow! Good for you sweetie! That's quite an accomplishment
36.gif

princesss: Sorry you're in pain love. I remember in HS I pulled a muscle in my butt (yes!) while doing a split. I would have been fine had my not-so-smart friend NOT sat on my shoulders. I remember like it was yesterday: I heard a pop, stood up, felt a little pull and then 30 minutes later I was stiff. I couldn't sit for two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results