shape
carat
color
clarity

The 5 Stone Ring Thread!

jillts

Rough_Rock
I can't believe I am actually posting in this thread! I plan on taking some real photos (once I can get some good ones) so for now here are some pretty bad iphone pics.

1.6 ctw (31ish pointers), G-VS, 18k, size 7. I can't believe how this baby shines in person. :love:

_5893.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay jillts!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your new five stone in it's own thread! Congrats honey!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1366825293|3433800 said:
AprilBabys two five stones, each 1cttw

AprilBaby, that is such a beautiful look! Your rings look gorgeous together! :love:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my new 5-stone band paired with my 3 - stone. It is 2.5 ctw and I love how low it is to the finger so it is very comfortable to wear. I just wish I wasn't a human water balloon right now do I could get proper photos. Fingers look like sausages...yikes!

img_00000296.jpg

img_00000242.jpg

img_00000228.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my HEAVEN's!! Farley'smom that is TDF!! I love your collection!! WOW ---- and I could only WISH for such skinny sausage fingers --- pffft! those aren't sausage fingers at all!!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Farleysmom|1367151568|3436033 said:
Here's my new 5-stone band paired with my 3 - stone. It is 2.5 ctw and I love how low it is to the finger so it is very comfortable to wear. I just wish I wasn't a human water balloon right now do I could get proper photos. Fingers look like sausages...yikes!

Farleysmom....WOW, that is a great set. Your fingers are long enough to handle all the "BLING"!!! Is there a separate thread on your 5 stone? Would love to see more pics! :love:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Enerchi and Taylorbug for your nice comments. You are both so sweet. Unfortunately I don't have a thread on my 5-stone as I wasn't kidding about being a human water balloon. Isn't the change of life just smashing. My hands and fingers as so swollen that I haven't been able to get my rings off for a couple of weeks. :(sad :((

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Amazing Farleysmom! I have actually been hunting for pictures of 5 stone rings worn with eternity bands and so seeing this was a help!

ldl259

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. Didn't you have a smaller five stone that you wore with your 3 stone? I think I remember seeing it when I was looking for a ring to go with my 3 stone and ended up with a 1.5ctw 5 stone just like the one I saw you wearing with your ring just because I thought it was so beautiful. But now you have a ring that is even nicer. Congratulations and enjoy it.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
ldl259|1367186506|3436263 said:
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. Didn't you have a smaller five stone that you wore with your 3 stone? I think I remember seeing it when I was looking for a ring to go with my 3 stone and ended up with a 1.5ctw 5 stone just like the one I saw you wearing with your ring just because I thought it was so beautiful. But now you have a ring that is even nicer. Congratulations and enjoy it.

Ahhhh, thank you. You are right. I did have a 1.60ctw 5-stone ring but I recently sold it after I bought this one. I always wanted a 2.5 ctw 5-stone. I really like the way this band looks with my 3-stone. It just seems to wrap around the finger giving the look of a full eternity without the price. I was never really happy with the setting on my other band.

ldl259

Rough_Rock
Well thank you for your inspiration. My 3 stone is not as big as yours and I am very happy with the 5 stone I got. One day I will work my way up to bigger rings. I remember when I was looking I kept going back to your rings. You really do have a beautiful collection. I wish my fingers were long enough to stack so many rings. And I agree with you this time of life really stinks with allowing us to be able to get our rings off. I will be happy when it is over. lol

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
ldl259|1367190532|3436292 said:
Well thank you for your inspiration. My 3 stone is not as big as yours and I am very happy with the 5 stone I got. One day I will work my way up to bigger rings. I remember when I was looking I kept going back to your rings. You really do have a beautiful collection. I wish my fingers were long enough to stack so many rings. And I agree with you this time of life really stinks with allowing us to be able to get our rings off. I will be happy when it is over. lol

Oh, I'd really love to see pictures of your set if you wouldn't mind posting them. :wavey: I'm sure you're set is absolutely gorgeous. If it wasn't for the setting I had, I probably would have kept my other band as the stones were quite nice. Unfortunately, the band was just poorly made, slightly bent on one side and the stones were set way too close. I like the spacing on this band much better as you can see the outline of all the stones (if that makes any sense). As for the water retention, I feel like a walking water balloon! :(sad :-o

Please post your pictures. I'm Going to search for them now. :wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1367125185|3435984 said:
AprilBaby|1366825293|3433800 said:
AprilBabys two five stones, each 1cttw

AprilBaby, that is such a beautiful look! Your rings look gorgeous together! :love:

Thank you so much!

ldl259

Rough_Rock
My rings are on page 9 of this thread. I don't think the pics are very good though. I agree the swelling is pretty awful. But atleast I dont get the hot flashes. lol

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
ldl259|1367196140|3436353 said:
My rings are on page 9 of this thread. I don't think the pics are very good though. I agree the swelling is pretty awful. But atleast I dont get the hot flashes. lol

After I posted I went back to look for your photos. I think your rings look wonderful and there is nothing wrong with your photos. If you are going to wear your 5-stone and 3 stone together, you might want to get a thin spacer to wear between them. I found that my 5-stone was starting to cause abrasion to the side of my ering but this was rectified once I started wearing the spacer. :naughty: Hot flashes have subsided for now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Why can't menopause come with rapid weight loss or something else just as good! :confused: dang!! LOL

ldl259

Rough_Rock
So far so good. No abrasions but I only have the 5 stone since October. The 3 stone is a trellis and the 5 stone is a bar and I think because the bar is so smooth it is not causing a problem but because my finger is so narrow I really cant fit another ring in there. As for the weight and menopause I hate to say this I have lost it. I am petite and for some reason I managed to loose weight. I am actually trying to gain some back. My family is worried that I am losing too much. I have some other issues but I am not going to complain about this one especially with beach season coming up and I love the beach!!!! Spend most of my summer down the shore. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: My happy place.

casondra16

Shiny_Rock
OMGoodness ladies....I've been drooling over this thread for the last month while waiting for my new 5 stone to arrive. I was hoping someone else would have an oval 5 stone, so I could see one 'on hand'. (excuse the crappy iPhone photos).

_5933.jpg

jillts

Rough_Rock
Casondra, that is gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: I especially love how you're wearing it with the two small bands. Congrats and enjoy that beauty!!

Farleysmom, WOWZA!!

Gemgirl, thank you! I am working on getting some good pics but it's not easy!

casondra16

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, jillts!!!! Can't wait to see more pics of your beauty.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Jillts, your new ring is beautiful. You must be over the moon as I bet that baby is blinding in the sunlight. :naughty: Enjoy!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it Joolsie!

jillts

Rough_Rock
Farleysmom, thank you!!

Joolsie, that shot of your 5-stone together with your e-ring..... I die. :love: :love: :love: I'm in love.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
casondra16|1367430702|3438305 said:
joolsiepetunia|1367378950|3437963 said:
My new AVC-ACR diamond five stone!!

image_419.jpg

image_417.jpg

image_418.jpg

OMG joolsiepetunia!!!!! GORGEOUS!!! :love: :love: :love:

Wow! So beautiful, can you tell more deatails, please? Stone sizes, finger size, who made the setting...thesetting looks gorgeous, so fluid and fine

KingAlm

Rough_Rock
First off I'd like to say that everyone here has some incredible rings. Leaves me speechless.

I'm naught but a young and helpless romantic and am planning on picking up a five diamond ring for my wife-to-be and pop the question to her later on this year.

I've settled on a five diamond ring for her, debating what kind of material to have it made out of since I'm incredibly new to these kinds of things. From people I"ve asked, what I mostly see is white gold. This is going to be the ring we plan to wear our entire lives so it just needs to be durable. Scratches can tell a story, as long as it doesn't completely deface the ring. What material is typically used for this kind of ring? White gold?

We will likely pick out a ring for me after the proposal. I'm thinking/hoping for something like this

http://rnbjewellery.net/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/Elegant-RnB-316L-Stainless-Steel-Mens-Ring-Black-Silver-Band-8mm-main.jpg

Because of this, I was thinking about substituting the two white diamonds on either side of the center diamond to be black diamonds. The ring would have a pattern of white - black - white - black - white . I was throwing ideas around with a local jeweler and she said the combination of rings would go nicely together. What are your guys' opinions on it? From what i understand, by "downgrading" as it were to two black diamonds, I can use the savings to make the regular diamonds sparkle and shine brighter - to contrast the black.

Thanks very much, hope you guys are having a great day

Edit: A big fancy display isn't terribly important. She's told me multiple times that a our love is much more important than I shiny ring. She's not one for materialistic items. We just both want a ring that will last us our lives together. :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby and Farleysmom, I love your 5 stones with your 3 stones! So much BLING!

Gorgeous rings, everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results