shape
carat
color
clarity

The 1.68 H/VS2 IS HEEEEEEEEERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yep, it's here already.
1.gif

OH. MY. GOSH.
It is indeed very beautiful. Totally, irrefutably breathtaking.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
There's just something so intoxicating about opening that box and looking at a brand new, gorgeous, pristine diamond, isn't there?!
2.gif

Well, I haven't had a chance to look at it in every conceivable lighting situation yet (NO SUNSHINE here in PA today!)... BUT... my initial impression (subject to change of course -- afterall, I AM a woman!) is that........ it's no more beautiful than the one I have!!!!! But then, you all probably KNEW that would be the case, didn't you?!! ;o)

It's SO eyeclean. Just like mine. Even under the loupe, I can't see ANY inclusions. I am told they are there
1.gif
-- but I have never yet seen the inclusion in my 1.53, either. Not even under the microscope!

Well...it doesn't look noticeably larger to me. I mean, it IS larger... and you CAN tell, in a side-by-side comparison... but it isn't immediately striking. It does appear almost "lighter" and "brighter" in some diffuse lighting situations (if that makes sense)... and the arrows seem to "pop out" a little more noticably...and THAT appeals to me. (It surprises me that it is a color grade lower. I'd have never guessed that!) But so far, under the few lighting situations I have had a chance to "play with"... my stone is every bit as beautiful, and in some instances so far, even more firey. And I am all about fire!

So even if I so end up sending it back -- it will have been well worth the trouble and expense to me to be able to compare two perfect super-deal cut diamonds side by side. Honestly, these are the only two super-ideal cut stones I think I have ever had a chance to examine in person. They just aren't available in jewelry stores near me!

But, honestly, the jury is still out. I truly haven't decided one way or the other. I will take the weekend, hope for sunshine, and continue to look at them both in every possible lighting situation. Hey, "Obsession" is my middle name!
2.gif
I really am keeping an open mind about it still. And of course, I will keep you all WELL POSTED!

(And in case anyone is wondering, "Whattheheck is she talking about???!!" Here's the link the other thread:)

First Thread

Sooooo... any advice? Words of wisdom? "I told you so's!" ???!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, here already!?
36.gif
how exciting! you''ve got quite a task ahead of you........deciding between poppin'' arrows and fire. decisions, decisions. best of luck!

btw, there''s plenty o'' sunshine here today. i would be happy to make an expert judgement on them for you.
3.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Belle,
You are so sweet! Thanks for being such a cheering a squad! I just love ALL of my PS "family"!!!
1.gif

Lynn

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Only one solution to this.......... keep both of them
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
NOOBIE! You are baaaaaaaaad
11.gif
to the bone!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
(But oh man, don't I wish I could keep 'em both! >> )

Lynn

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, lynn, you make the cheering easy! both of those stones are absolutely amazing. really. you know how to pick a winner! you are going to be pleased with whichever one you choose. i can''t wait to see what you decide!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay refresh the memory here....you''d have to pay $300 more for the upgrade, but it does appear larger? and it appears lighter and brighter and look as white as your old one? and it appears larger?!

AND IT APPEARS LARGER?

no brainer?! for $300 more a larger stone? visibly even though not eye popping. for $300 i think that is a good deal.

am i the only nut who thinks this?!
9.gif
yes can you tell i am jonesing for an upgrade of my very own??

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lynn
I having been waiting to hear if you had the new one yet.

It sounds dreamy - go for it! Each increment in size is only small, but they all add up!
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2005 3:15:59 PM
Author: noobie
Only one solution to this.......... keep both of them
1.gif
Lynn

Yeah,i agree with noobie,if you can''t decide you got to keep BOTH and use the 1.68 ct for a ahhhhhh....what you girls call that
33.gif
34.gif
O.......now i remember RHR.
36.gif
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have an idea! you could keep both of them!
11.gif

sorry lynn, i had to do it.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 7:35:57 PM
Author: belle
i have an idea! you could keep both of them!
Yup - for studs to go with the 2 carat. Not a great match but wow
10.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Keep both and make a nose stud outta one. I know a guy in a red suit that can use some extra help delivering packages in December!!
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Seriously tho, isn''t it neat to see how the 2 diamonds have different personalities??!!
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, PQ, that's exactly what is is... different "personalities"! And it is so totally awesome. I am enjoying the dual light shows around here immensely!
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

My 1.53 is still "in the lead" at this point... but sunshine and my office lights will weigh heavily in the equation! I may even have to stop off at HOME DEPOT on the way home from work tomorrow!!!!
1.gif

Will keep you all updated, of course!
2.gif

Lynn

I'm off to bed now to dream of sparkle!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, I just realized something... since I'm using the half-eternity shared-prong ACA melee band for the w-ring in the re-set job... I won't have a RHR any more!!!

Must... Remedy... Situation... SOON!
31.gif

So... hmmmm... how d'ya like the looks of this?!!!
30.gif

3964.jpg

"Facets brand new platinum 14 channel-set asscher-cut diamond and 14 asscher-cut sapphire eternity band. The diamonds are 0.85ct total weight and they are F-G color and VVS-VS clarity. The sapphires are 1.14ct total weight and they are fine quality sapphires. The diamonds and sapphires are all ideal or premium cuts. The ring is size 6 (it is available in other sizes) and it weighs 3.6gr. The ring is 3.1mm wide."

I LOVE sapphires and I think this would make a LOVELY RHR!
BTW, has anyone seen Facet's asschers???

Lynn

(PS Yes, I DO feel like a little kid who's sitting on the roller coaster thinking about the ferris wheel!!!!
20.gif
2.gif
1.gif
)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this are square cut (no clipped corners, sort of baguette but with more facets)... very "deco". No idea why they call these diamonds "asscher", although this is not the only place that uses the name for any sort of square step cut. For channel setting these look way better than anything with clipped cornes, IMO at least.

Way to go, girl !
9.gif
What next !?
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Your wish is my command
2.gif

JLAsscher003.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
JL,

Beautiful! Where's that ring from?!
30.gif

For a RHR, I am leeeeeeeeeeaning toward something w/ colored stones... just for "different", I think. But it's a project for in the FUTURE... honestly!
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
(We have a daughter to finish putting through college first. You know, one of those blasted SENSIBLE things life expects outta ya'!!!!
2.gif
) But... someday! And it's all just oh-so-fun to think and dream about!
9.gif

Lynn

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 5:50:44 AM
Author: Lynn B
JL,

Beautiful! Where''s that ring from?!
30.gif
Hi!

You asked if anyone has seen Facets Asschers and I just happened to receive my asscher band from Facets a couple of days ago
9.gif
so I posted a pic for you
1.gif

Hope you''ve had some luck deciding on whether you''re keeping this new stone
31.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
What size are the stones in your Facets ring, Jaded?? They show really well in that close up pic!! Yummmmmmmm!!
3.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results