shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks PS, got my 1ct solitaire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cruiserhead

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s help, just got my ring from James Allen. I really don''t know anything but it''s sparkly and even though it''s a J, I can''t see any color at all. I really can''t see anything, no blemishes or tinge of yellow that I read about... it''s pretty. Nice size I think, so it can be worn daily without being impractical.

Jennifer Norbury was really good and accomidating. They did forget some things I specifically asked for but I''ll call her tomorrow about it. no big deal.

Really, thanks so much everyone. It turned this potentially disasterous purchase into something fun and educational. Now just waiting for the big day to pop the question! I''ll get it independently appraised in the meantime.

this is a H&A ideal cut... but you could tell me it''s a fur&kitty paws.. I can''t really tell. I haven''t seen enough diamonds to judge. Maybe I''ll put it next to a crappy diamond to compare.

pics
DSC_000.jpg

cruiserhead

Rough_Rock
few more pics - they aren''t that great but oh well! you get the idea

DSC_0006.jpg

cruiserhead

Rough_Rock
oh, I took all the pics in the backyard as the sun was going down so it might have the grass, warm sun and me reflected in it!

dsc0012.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! We want hand shots once you propose!

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
wow nice! very nice everything, nice diamond, nice setting, nice shots!!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
It''s lovely. Good luck with the proposal. And I second the request for hand shots!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did great with those pictures! And the ring is classic, elegant, and beautiful!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. You can''t go wrong with a RB solitaire!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I loooooove J colour stones, I just think they are so pretty
30.gif
, and I loooooooove ideal cut H&A!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Good choice! You may not know it from fur&kitty paws, but when it is sparkling like crazy on her finger, and you see all the other "diamonds" dead on people''s fingers... THEN you will know!

One suggestion: buy her an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for a present after you give it to her... those machines keep a diamonds sparkling like you wouldn''t believe, and that''s what it''s all about!

DD
35.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oooo so beautiful!
The classic solitaires have become my favorite!
Well done, man!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty, i dont think anyone could ever go wrong with a beautiful 1ct. classic solitare!! GOOD JOB!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice-I can tell is a beauty! (Although I do love your fur and kitty paws comment!) She''s going to love it!

cruiserhead

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone, you guys can really tell it's a nice diamond from the pics? It's reassuring.

I went for the H&A b/c CUT is the most important right? You can see all the stats on the diamond in my thread in the Rockytalk section.

I was going to get the PAVE ring to add some bling but my underground secret intelligence told me she preferred the classic simple ring
31.gif
I have the right ring size too
11.gif
I have laid the groundwork so she thinks I'm a cheapo and might not even get a diamond ring... on V day?! are you crazy? These things take time!
11.gif

The GIA says "excellent" for cut. There is nothing that says "H&A"... is that just something you see and not written down?

I'll get a hand shot but I'm never telling her about this place- that would qualify me as the dumbest man of 2008.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, beautiful ring! Congratulations and good luck with your proposal!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Classic and beautiful! You did a great job. I can''t wait to see hand shots!

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
I love it is beautiful!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
From one J color solitaire lover/owner to another, CONGRATS, it''s GoRgEoUs!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Stunning diamond! Congratulations and good luck with your proposal.
Jen

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did good - congrats to you!!! And we would love some handshots when you can!

Fur and Kitty paws is another fave combo of mine, hehehe!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, it''s a beautiful stone!! Good luck on the proposal and you must come back with more pictures!
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Fab job! It''s a great diamond. And t-r-u-s-t me, when you see that rock next to a piece of crap in a store or restaurant or whatever, you will be able to tell! Just watch the fire and sparkle fly off it, and see how dead most other stones are.

She''ll be thrilled. And make sure you explain how special and rare her stone is.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
AWESOME STONE and setting, you did good!
36.gif

I just ordered my H&A from James Allen last week, in the same setting. I am patiently awaiting my purchase!

Please come back and post hand pics!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

cruiserhead

Rough_Rock
some pics in daylight!

001a.jpg

cruiserhead

Rough_Rock
it sure sparkles in the sun

003a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results