shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks PRICESCOPE!! I GOT IT :) !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SwerveAM

Rough_Rock
Hi guys. Thank you so much for all your input. In the end, I decided against GOG on the 0.82 and went with a diamond at my local B&M.

The rock:

0.79 ct
H color
SI1
AGS0 H&A
Isee2 diamond

This one consistently scored an average of 9.7 (sometimes 9.6, 9.8) on the Isee2 system and although that was NOT my sole reason for getting over the 0.82, it def helped because the 0.82 scored an average of 9.1 consistently.

In addition, the inclusions here were very slight compared the 3 clear marks on the GOG. I have only placed a deposit on it but I will most likely go with that one because of the ridiculous time they have put into helping me find this stone. I know it is cheesy but as a very picky person, they really went above and beyond for me. In addition, the setting design that I created that they will make is also VERY nicely designed by their artist.

Total price: $4100 with tax included...I know this is about $400 more than GOG and 0.03 smaller in ct weight but I believe this stone would out perform the GOG one by far.

What do you think? When I get AGS cert, I will post specs.

Btw, the ISee2 number is 1017725708. That doesn't really help in terms of anything else but at least it is something.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re happy with the stone, then congratulations to you!!!! Such an accomplishment to find the perfect stone for you!!!

We also went with a local B&M who really went up and beyond for us. We felt comfortable with them and liked what they had to offer.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
No Fair! You must provide pics of your beautiful stone!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Yey! Sounds good Swerve.
Can''t WAIT to see this ring.

Scintillating...

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
As long as you got what you wanted it doesn''t matter where you got it from! Congratulations!
And yes POST PICS SOON
10.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2005 1:21:35 AM
Author: Daniel B
As long as you got what you wanted it doesn''t matter where you got it from! Congratulations!
And yes POST PICS SOON
10.gif
I second that, also it is great that you are rewarding them for all their hard work on your behalf with your loyalty.
36.gif

Look forward to the pics!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful and now you have a relationship with a B & M to go for cleanings and maintainance. Your a good example of what Pricescope is about, gaining knowledge and making an educated decision.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't agree with the assessment that it will out perform the GOG diamond based on isee2 scores it only takes into account one lighting environment.
That said the isee2 brand diamonds are well cut and the dealer won your business the honest way and sometimes going local is worth a few hundred bucks so thats kewl.
Please share the name of the store so others can visit them if they are in your area.

Congrates!!!
and pictures are a must :}

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Swerve!! You must choose what is best for you. It sounds like a wonderful stone and as others have said, now you have a good working relationship with a jeweler that can do maintenance etc. on your ring. Pricescope is all about making educated decisions and it sounds like it served you well!!

PS..........Pricescope is also all about the pictures. Can''t wait to see your ring when done.
36.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To put it in persepctive, you were 100% successful That''s not a bad thing. One should keep in mind that people who are shopping and learning about diamonds on Pricescope, on the GOG website or elsewhere are a small percentage of the total diamond shoppers. Most people buy on impulse and/or price alone. Few buy with any degree of knowledge or planning.

You have done a great job and should make sure you share how you did it with all your friends. Not everyone knows how much can be mastered when it comes to buying a great diamond.

In the end, it isn''t all about how much was spent or how much was saved. The inner feeling of a successful purchase is not calculated only in those terms. The degree of satisfaction with the diamond over the long run is of ultimate importance. People who have a poor quality diamond often are deeply attached to it. How you feel about it is primary. Its good to save a buck on some things and other times, spending a few dollars more is what must be done.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on picking your diamond. It sounds like you got a great outcome. I always love to hear of local jewelers going above and beyond for their clients. It seems as if we mostly hear about the ones who don''t. When I lived in a small town in TX, I had a great local jeweler. I would not have hesitated to ask for their opinion on something. They also did some really great bench work. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a jeweler I trust here. Congrats again on both your purchase and the new relationship. It will serve you well through the years as will your new found knowledge. Trust but verify is my motto.

Shay

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Swerve!

Congrats to you man. Strm is correct in his comments regarding lighting environments. For clarification a 9.7 vs a 9.1, there is little to no visual difference. Sounds like you found a winner locally and it would be my counsel to go with that stone. There is a certain value in doing business face to face that the Internet can not offer and IMO it is worth it. I also happen to know the cutters of the Isee2 stones and they cut a beautiful product. It was a pleasure to serve. :)

As everyone is requesting ... LETS SEE THE MONEY SHOTS!
21.gif

Kind regards,

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Swerve, a heartfelt congrats on your purchase! You've done your homework, and I'm sure it resulted in a wonderful selection.

It's nice to see the local B&M win a few and be competitive; it reaffirms that it's possible for those who want to be customer centric.

This is a perfect example that while the "gadgets" are nice, it's the tried-and-true things that really matter most to customers.....customer service above and beyond.
1.gif
With their ability to make your setting, too, it seems as though they are a total solution for you. It sounds like you found a great relationship with your local jeweler, and that will surely come in handy for future purchases. Oftentimes, these little things are the determining factors in who you ultimately feel most comfortable working with.

Congratulations again - we can't wait to see pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results