shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks Iceman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bstayl1

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to say "Thanks," to the Iceman (Corey) from MidwestGems. After researching and reading other''s experiences on Pricescope I decided to contact Corey. I input my parameters on his website, www.midwestgems.com , under the diamond price line. Corey contacted me later that day with some prices for several diamonds that he could get. We decided on one and I made the drive out to the Quad Cities to see the diamond and meet the Iceman. The Iceman did a beautiful job of setting the stone in the ring that I left with him...everything looks great. The price was great, the Iceman is very friendly and knowledgeable, there was never any pressure to buy...just a great experience. In fairness to the other dealers, I must say that I only contacted Corey, and can only speak for my experience with the Iceman and MidwestGems. Thanks Iceman, I appreciate everything.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
You are new to ps! What made you contact this company? Is this company a pricescope member? Tell us about your rock then.
emsmile.gif

PS. I went to the site as I am always interested in new sites for diamonds and I give it a thumbs down. You can't search a range of colors or clarity or size!!! You must input your name and address and they contact you!!!! Thus you can't browse for cut or even choose your own stones like all the pricescope sites AND they tell you no prices at all! They ask you to imput what you will pay!!!!
emotion-41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's always good to hear about great experiences with respected PS vendors, one of which Corey aka Iceman definitely is. Thanks for chiming in bstay...please tell us more about your new rock and post pictures in the Show me the Ring. We don't see Iceman around here all that often anymore, he must very busy which is always a good thing!
1.gif

Kimberly, you can search the PS members for Iceman and see everything he has given to the PS community when he did have more time to spend 'playing'. From what I have read he doesn't do a primary amount of business online which may be why his site is not as beefy as some of the other PS vendors we are familiar with, but he is definitely knowledgeable.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
iceman, hey if you see this stop in once in a while and say hey.

He is definatly as Mara said a member of the PS family.

bstayl1 glad you found him and he did well for you.

Congrates!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
bstayl1,

Ice has been helping people for many years, live and on the internet. He posts on PS now & then and I hope he has the chance to see your public thanks.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great, congratulations on your purchase. Way to go Iceman!!!
36.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Well thats great to hear that Ice is a trusted pricescope vender. Forgive moi as I looked around and found nothing!!!!
But I did go give the site a chance as I am an addicted diamond buyer now.

I still don't care for any site that does not let you browse yourself or list prices. Perhaps I am spoiled by gog and Blue nile and Union and ect ect...Yes, I hope Iceman checks out the feedback! It would also be nice to hear more details of the posters buying experiance though. That way people can discern rather or not the Iceman can do the job for them!

bstayl1

Rough_Rock
Kimberly,

I am new to PS. I browsed the forum posts and did some searches for princess shapes. I came across several postings by the Iceman (older postings) and I think read some posts from others who purchased from the Iceman. He sounded knowledgeable in his postings and seemed to be well respected on this site. I initially contacted him to get a price quote. He emailed me a listing of about 10 diamonds fitting my parameters and the prices were very comparable to all of the Internet dealers on PS. I chose the Iceman because he is located within driving distance from me (Chicago to Moline, IL, aka - Quad Cities), and I liked the fact that I could drive out there and see the diamond and talk to Corey. Then, if I liked the diamond, I could leave my ring with him and he would set the the diamond and size the ring. I know the Internet dealers will ship there diamonds to a 3rd party where it can be viewed, but then you would probably have to pay to have it set and .... I just liked the idea of getting the diamond and having it set by someone that I trusted. That is why I chose Corey.

Website, MidwestGems - At the first page, if you click on diamonds, it will take you to a page where you can select the shape, color, size, clarity, and Lab report. Then, it asks you for your desired price to pay. I entered a price range based on prices that I found on the Net. When Corey provided me a list of diamonds, they were all below the price range that I had specified. I think he asks for price to know whether your expectations are rationale and whether he can get anything for that instead of wasting your''s and his time. As far as entering your name and address info - I don''t think you have to enter each detail (there is no * indicating each has to be filled in and I don''t think the page will keep asking you to fill in parts before you submit). If you want to correspond via email, just enter your name, email address, and maybe city and/or state. He contacted me via email and never called me. He sent me an email that had a list of diamonds within a table listing the measurement, color, weight, clarity, table, and depth. We corresponded almost entirely via email. When we did talk on the phone, I made the calls to him. I point this out to let you know that he did not pressure me; he didn''t call me like a car salesman sometimes will. He only responded to my emails; he didn''t bug me trying to get me to buy a diamond. He came across as a very honest person who will tell you what makes the diamond sparkle and what means nothing, even though you may be paying extra for it.

The diamond is a Princess, F, VS2, Depth 75%, Table 71 or 72%, 1.02 CT. I will try to post a picture when I get a good pic.

Hope this helps.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2005 9:01:21 PM
Author: Kimberly
Well thats great to hear that Ice is a trusted pricescope vender. Forgive moi as I looked around and found nothing!!!!
But I did go give the site a chance as I am an addicted diamond buyer now.

I still don''t care for any site that does not let you browse yourself or list prices. Perhaps I am spoiled by gog and Blue nile and Union and ect ect...Yes, I hope Iceman checks out the feedback! It would also be nice to hear more details of the posters buying experiance though. That way people can discern rather or not the Iceman can do the job for them!
Kimberly, not sure how you searched but I simply typed ''Iceman'' into the search box above and multiple pages of posts came up that were either started by him, he posted into, or mentioned him in them. Click on any of them and click on his profile....you can then read all his posts, topics etc.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
I looked on the vendors page and searched mid west gems-nada.

It appears some peoples have taken my comments as an attack-They are not in anyway. Simply my opinon. Iceman needs no protection from me.

I am always thrilled to read about a consumers positive experiance but the original post was very vague and I was simply inquiring about more detailed recommendation.

PS is not immune to Astroturfers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results