shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks for all the info...here it is!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

going2bbroke

Rough_Rock
Round
G
SI1
D:64.5
T:55
S: VG
P:VG

Pictures arent that great, but i will take more with my own camera which has a higher resolution.

Please give me your honest opinion.

and thanks to everyone for all your help!!

I still havent decided how or when or where i will pop the question.

myring01.JPG

going2bbroke

Rough_Rock
man, these pictures dont do the ring justice..they are to blury. i will try to take more. and re=-submit

myring03.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think it is gorgeous!!! Beautiful ring!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
very classic setting. good luck with the proposal.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Congrats.

shay

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Going2BBroke,

I have tried to look through your previous posts to figure out the history of your search, but I haven't found answers to the questions I wanted to ask... hence, here they go:

1. Are we looking at a ring you already purchased? If so, from whom?
2. Are the specs you listed correct or could there possibly be a typo somewhere?
3. also... what size is the ring?

...and keep working on those pics! :) We want a clear view!!!

ETA: also, do you happen to have the crown and pav angles on that stone?

stermag

Shiny_Rock
My questions were triggered by some concern I have after seeing the specs on your diamond. I''m not an expert, and this is just concern, but you asked for honest opinions and here''s mine...

My first impression was that the stone appeared small for a 1.5ct. I own a 1.5ct and it''s visually larger. I thought that maybe the shank of your ring is a little thicker, or the size of the ring larger than mine... it''s difficult to ascertain size visually from a picture... hence one of my questions.

Still, when I saw that the depth of this diamond is 64.5, it occured to me why it seems so small - it is very deep. Its girdle is likely too thick and it carries a lot of weight in it. In other words, it was probably cut for size.

That being said, we don''t have the crown or pav angles, and I suppose it''s still possible that, with the right numbers, that could be a gorgeous stone (as you said, those pictures don''t do it justice) - crown angle of 36 and pav of around 40.5, for example, put it in FIC (fiery ideal range). Still, the spread, or diameter for size, gets a grade of "good"... which echoes my previous thought.

So, if the diamond is beautiful to your eyes and the price was right, fantastic... However, if your aim is to find a 1.5ct diamond that looks more like a 1.5ct, perhaps inquire into the possibility of exchanging this diamond for another?

Just my two cents, of course. Hopefully some experts chime in if I''ve grossly misinformed.

going2bbroke

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the info and questions stermag
at the moment the info i put up is all i have. I have the paper work at home. which i can post/e-mail you later.
but i do have this
7.14-7.09-4.59

myring07.JPG

going2bbroke

Rough_Rock
yea, this camera i have at work is horrible.
I will take more tonight with my camera at home.
I bought this in downtown L.A. from a Wholesale Jewlere that 1 Co-worker and 1 friend recomended me to.
They both bought from him. Comparing his price (with his friends discount) vs. all others i went to. he was by far the best.

myring05.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
honest opinion? the stone is cut too deep at 64.5%. you are losing like 0.40 of a mm in diameter compare to a well cut stone at 7.50mm. does this stone come with a lab report?

going2bbroke

Rough_Rock
it does come with a lab report. i have it at home.
once i get it i will post the info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results