shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks and Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duriofont

Rough_Rock
First of all I''d like to thank all of you for caring enough to spend time on this website and educate those of us who are new. I posted the specs of a diamond I was considering and found out it was average. After reading this tutorial and reading the postings for the last two months I''m clear I know much more about diamonds. However, the knowledge can be overwhelming and I''m paralyzed by wanting to make the "right" decision in locating and purchasing a diamond. I''ve used the search by quality and am wondering what to do now. If all of these diamonds are ideal but the proportions are slightly different how do I decide which diamond/and or company to call? Because I live in a small city in Louisiana our stores do not carry ideal diamonds and I feel as though I now know more about diamonds than they do. Therefore, I''d like to use pricescope but am confused at how many diamonds are listed in the 1. to 1.5 ratings and wonder how to decide on a vendor. I''ve never even seen the types of diamonds you describe in your postings so I''ve no idea how beautiful good diamonds can be. My price range is $5,000 to $7,000 for the diamond and hopefully this can include a setting that will enhance the look of the diamond. Please help!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the club of the overwhelmed!

You''ve done some research on diamonds. Now do some research on the vendors that you see listing the stones you are interested in and those you see talked about here. You can search by vendor name to see what people have to say. You can check out their websites for their policies. (They tend to vary, especially things like trade up policy and return window.) Then call a few. Tell them what you are looking for and see how they respond. Go with the one you feel comfortable dealing with, and come back here with questions. An independent appraisal before the sale is final helps to protect you and take the risk out of the whole thing.

Good luck!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
35.gif

yes, all of this information can be very overwhelming! lop gave some very good advice though, and i think you will find that once you speak with a couple of the vendors, you will get a better feel for where you want to purchase your diamond. as always, there are plenty of people here ready with suggestions! good luck!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
How far are you from Huston? Whiteflash is based there, and I''m sure they can help you through the process. I''ve just made my stone purchase too, and during the process felt incredibly overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge I had and the potential choices available to me. Ultimately, I let the info guide me, but relied on my eyes and heart when choosing the stone. I purchased a 1.4 I SI2 that was very close to ideal (pavilion angle just slightly outside), completely eye clean, that just sings!! Use your head, but then buy with your heart, and trust yourself!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Just a few thoughts:

You''re looking at the right place here, in the search by cut database. Given any budget, you''ll want to of course look at ring prices as well, given your total budget, to see what''s left over, but having looked in the same place, something like this certainly seems attractive, but there are lots of options.

If you''re near Baton Rouge, an independant appraiser seems near there, from the appraiser list, and may be able to partner with you in this search.

Like upgradable, I like WhiteFlash, both for their diamond choices, plus facility with mounting them on the ring you could select. But lots of options here, again.

Also, it''s possible some ideas here will help...

Best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results