shape
carat
color
clarity

thank you notes...grrr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
So I''ve now been married 2.5 months and finally getting the notes sent out. Hubby was not a huge help, plus I got them made from a photo of the wedding. They have been taking forever! I''m so grateful for our gifts and of course understand it is a small price to pay considering the generocity of people, but man they are not fun for me!

How long did it take you to get yours sent out? Did your hubby help? Did you want to poke your eyes out with the pen you were using?

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
My DH deployed a few weeks after we got married, so he got out of doing most of the notes and only did about 20 thank you notes...

So, it took me about another 3 or 4 weeks after he left (so about 2 months after the wedding) to get through the rest of the 100 plus thank you notes.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I went by the one month after we got back from the honeymoon rule. I really should have done it earlier, but I just put it off ... So I guess it ended up being 1.5 months after we actually got married.

DH actually did help! I broke down the list and had him write the notes to his family and some of his friends. I figured he would want to write personalized notes to his good guys buddies anyway. He didn't really want to write them to his family, but it was only 5 extra cards so I made him do it to help me out. I still probably did 75% of them.

ETA: We only had about 60 to write.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I just finished about 55 thank yous for our engagement party. Such.A.Pain.

Also, not to thread-jack, but is the unwritten rule that one month post-honeymoon the wedding thank you''s should be done??? We haven''t received one from an August wedding...

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I also made mine from wedding photos so it took about a month before I sent them out. I pretty much did all of it, but that was the same for the invitations and most of the wedding planning, anyway. I don''t mind.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
It''s been a month
7.gif
We are terrible people! I''ve heard anywhere from 1-3 months is acceptable...Hmmm
I know we will probably try to get a few written this weekend but that comes secondary to preparing the apt for christmas and the in laws visiting us for a week
37.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
No honeymoon yet so I went by the "whenever I stop being lazy and finally write these out" rule.

Just finished them last week. Wedding was in July.

Part of me didnt want to finish them because it signified all things wedding being "over" - if that makes sense. Having the thank you cards sitting on my desk at least made it feel like I still had something "wedding" to do.

Weird...I know.

But, we do have a honeymoon to look forward to so it isnt over yet!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 10:53:26 PM
Author: megumic
Ugh, I just finished about 55 thank yous for our engagement party. Such.A.Pain.

Also, not to thread-jack, but is the unwritten rule that one month post-honeymoon the wedding thank you''s should be done??? We haven''t received one from an August wedding...
I have always heard this was the rule. I wouldn''t mind if someone was later, but, personally, I set this as my goal just because I knew I''d put it off forever.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Uhmmm...ok. I''m totally embarassed but I just them out yesturday (yes. We got married on June 27th) So yes, 5 months. I feel really bad but it was multifactorial. My Dad was hospitalized for 2 months (1 month in the ICU) and our photographer only gave us pictures on a CD 3 weeks ago.

To make up for it I printed up pictures of all of the guests and sent them with the cards (some guests have 4-5 pictures).

I''m really embarassed. But most people that were at the wedding, know that it''s been really crazy.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I will be finishing ours next week during holiday travels (over 3 months after the fact). I feel terrible and meant to get them done earlier, but we have been dealing with very time-intensive life stuff that couldn''t be delayed.

The worst part is that it is making me feel guilty about not also sending holiday cards, but, honestly, at this point, I cannot imagine anything I would want to do less than send holiday cards.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:48:19 PM
Author:charbie
Did your hubby help? Did you want to poke your eyes out with the pen you were using?

Oh, and to answer your other questions. DH did not help. However, we negotiated, and in lieu of him helping with the cards, he instead gave my car a full tune-up, cleaned out the fridge and pantry, and cleaned the apartment without my help 3 times. I recommend trying for a post-card-writing negotiation. Highlight how much you did want to poke your eyes out while doing this.

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to have a thank you card with a picture from the wedding so it took a little while to get the pictures and to make the cards. But I got mine out right at 2 months, which I was really proud of! We got keys to our new house the day before the wedding, went on a 7 day honeymoon, moved, then both of us went back to work and I had 180 thank you''s to write! So, I was happy with 2 months! And no, DH didn''t help much. I practically had to tie my husband down to write 2 Thank You''s, I refused to write them to his mom and Grandma cause that needed to come from him I thought! And I loved the way they turned out!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We sent ours out a month to the day after our wedding. DH did the ones to "his side" and we had about 60. I wanted to get them out sooner, but my hand kept cramping! LOL.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Well we did not have a traditional wedding. we got married in March by ourselves in Belize...basically on our honeymoon. We had a party planned in April for friends when we returned to San Diego and because of that gifts started rolliing in even before we left on our trip.

Then after that my parents threw us a family reception in July of that year. So gifts were rolling in bit by bit. I just did thank you notes as the gifts came. So I did about four or five a week depending. Kept it easy.

DH did not help with any of them. I did all the invitations, all the thank you notes and I do all the christmas cards. He does A LOT of other stuff around the house which I am eternally appreciative of so things like gifts, thank you notes etc. all fall under my jurisdiction.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results