shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank-you note question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I have started on our thank-yous, but we haven''t mailed any out yet because we''d like to include a picture or two from the wedding in the note. Particularly, we had a group picture taken with all our guests in front of our beautiful venue, and we''d really like to send it to everyone. Unfortunately, our pro pics won''t be in for another 2-4 weeks! So I''m wondering, as a guest, would you rather receive a thank-you right away, or would you rather receive the note a bit later but with pictures included? I don''t think that we''d send a second mailing with just photos, so it''s a one-or-the-other decision. Thanks for any input!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m typically a sendthosenotesoutimmediatelyorelse! type of person, but I think I''d rather wait and get the group photo with the thank you note.

Just be prepared to get some phone calls to make sure that you received gifts. People get nervous when they don''t get a thank you note for a month.

The photo sounds lovely!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 3:42:29 PM
Author: Haven
I''m typically a sendthosenotesoutimmediatelyorelse! type of person, but I think I''d rather wait and get the group photo with the thank you note.

Just be prepared to get some phone calls to make sure that you received gifts. People get nervous when they don''t get a thank you note for a month.

The photo sounds lovely!
Agreed. Add me to that list... but if it were late, and had a photo in it- I''d take back all the bad stuff I said about not getting a thank you.... (I usually expect thank yous around 3-4 weeks after a wedding... any longer than that and I start to worry if they got the gift.)

ProseCuter

Rough_Rock
I''d rather get a thank you immediately. I think photos are a bigger deal to family members than other guests, but you could always include photos with any holiday cards you send out.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We sent ours out 2 months after the wedding because we wanted to add a picture with our cards. No one was concerned about not receiving the thank yous in time, and almost everyone loved having a picture of us.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I was kind of concerned when I didn''t get a thank you note for 2 months from a friend''s wedding, but when I saw that she did a photo-card, I immediately understood why and didn''t mind that it was late.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Send the thank you notes right away. Include the photo as an insert with your Christmas cards to your wedding guests this year.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, well I''m still waiting on a TY from a wedding I attended August 15th, so it sure as heck better be a photo
2.gif
I was raised by sticker TY note parents though, so I tend to think about those things more than most!

I would say as long as you could still get them all out within 2 months from your wedding date, that would be acceptable!

FWIW, most people I know don''t care as much as I do about TY notes, so maybe most of your guests won''t mind either!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone! ProseCuter and fleur-de-lys, we don't do Christmas cards (DH is atheist and not from a country with Christian traditions, and I have no strong opposition to the cultural celebration but am far too lazy). I guess we could do New Years cards, but the likelihood of that happening is pretty minimal. So it's pretty much sending photos in the thank-you, or hoping they'll go online to our photog's website to see them there.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Could you email your photographer and ask if s/he could just send you the file of the group photo you are thinking of including now before the rest of the photos are ready? If you explain it''s for your TY notes, the photog may understand and be willing to send that one even if the rest of the photos aren''t done yet.

However, if that doesn''t work, I''d just wait and send the majority the notes with photos. If you have a small handful of people you suspect are in the "TY notes are expected within two weeks, no exceptions!" camp, you could always send those few TY notes now and then just send them the photo later. As long as there are only a few of these cases it shouldn''t be too much of a hassle.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, havernell, that''s a great suggestion! Our photographer did say she was going to send us a few teaser photos before she had the whole set edited, so I will ask her if she could include that in the teasers. I don''t think we have many people who would expect notes immediately (it''s actually more likely that they''d be offended if some people got photos with the cards and they didn''t) so we''ll just get them all written out and ready for the photos to be slipped in and shipped off ASAP. I''m glad to hear that people generally like the idea, too!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to send my thank-yous out asap, but I was patient and waited for the pro photos because I too wanted to have the group photo on the card. I actually used several photos on the card (made it online).

I think people will like the card with the group photo more than having a fast ty card with no photo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results