shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you note question

What do I do?

• ??? Something else I haven''t thought of.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Send her a message asking if she received it.

• Have my dad contact his sister (cousin''s mom) about it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I just received a (very prompt!) thank you note from a cousin who's wedding I attended last month. It was a very nice note. It had been years since I'd seen her and she mentioned how great it was to see me again after so long. She also congratulated me again on my own engagement. But she never mentioned the gift at all. Now, I'll admit, it was a card with cash in it, not something off her registry, but there wasn't much left on her registries, so we opted for a decent wad of cash instead. My concern is that maybe the card got lost in the shuffle. I don't want her to think we showed up empty-handed! So, I'm wondering...

*Edited* Sorry, I forgot to mention this is an incredibly considerate, sweet girl. I'm sure she wouldn't be upset about not receiving something from her registry. I don't think that's it at all.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i had a similar situation. i went to a friend''s wedding and had a gift from her registry shipped to her before the wedding. she wrote me a "it was good to see you at the wedding" note with no mention of the gift. i brought it up to her, because i was really afraid that she did not receive it!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
That''s interesting that it happened to you too. I guess it''s never occurred to me NOT to mention the gift in a thank-you. When I showed the note to my FI he said, "Well, how else would she have known we were there?" It was a pretty large wedding, so even though she greeted us she may not have remembered otherwise...maybe, but unlikely since it''s very rare for my family to show up for events on my dad''s side. It was pretty noticeable that our clan was there. I don''t know. Maybe I just shouldn''t worry about it. Or, maybe I could send her a FB message sneakily mentioning that I hoped they''d gotten to put the cash to good use on their honeymoon.
2.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Was the cash in an envelope with all the other gifts? In other words, is it reasonable to assume she got it? I know in my thank you notes (not just wedding, but for any holiday) if I get cash, I say something like "thank you for thinking of us this Christmas" or "Thanks for your generosity", but I never come out and say "thank you for the money". I'm just wondering how you would tactfully bring up "did you get our cash?". If she did get it, I'd think she'd be a little embarrassed that she had to be asked, you know? Like you were expecting more of a reaction? Although I do agree with you that it'd be nice to verify if she got it. Do you know anyone that could serve as a third party to maybe confirm? I think she most likely did receive it though.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if she wrote the thank you notes in advance and then sent them off quickly ?
If so she might not have remembered to add something about the gift.

You could just phone and ask her if she recieved your card- I don''t think she''d mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results