shape
carat
color
clarity

thank you note opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
so i just ordered my thank you notes. i got them in, and now i''m wondering if i should have done something different.

they are a black and white photo of us on cardstock with our monogram in the corner. they aren''t really a "card"- just a picture on 9"X4" cardstock. i figured we would be writing "thank you," so there wasn''t really a point to putting it on the card. my thinking is that if we write our note on the back, then they can use the card to actually keep and have a nice photo of us from the wedding. its a glossy photo, looks very professional (ordered off zazzle.com)- im just a bit nervous since it isn''t really a "card."

any thoughts? i can post a picture later if you can''t imagine what i''m talking about.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is totally fine as long as you are sending them in envelopes. I wouldn''t do them as post cards though...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
They sound lovely, and I think it''s wonderful that people can keep them as photos after they read your note.
I agree that you shouldn''t send them as postcards.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 1:50:30 PM
Author: Morgie44
I think it is totally fine as long as you are sending them in envelopes. I wouldn''t do them as post cards though...
yup- they came with envelopes. i plan on stamping the envelopes to make them look a bit more dressed up. they won''t be postcards. try to imagine those photo holiday cards where they are long and have a picture, then on one side have the message from the family. since we wanted to write personal notes, i decided not to have any printing on the side, and instead made the photo bigger.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 1:54:57 PM
Author: Haven
They sound lovely, and I think it''s wonderful that people can keep them as photos after they read your note.
that was my thinking. they will still have the personal thank you note on the back, but it isn''t "glaring" that it was the thank you note when others look at it if its kept somewhere.

and Haven, i laugh everytime you post. i love your quote from "Elf"- especially now that the movie keeps playing since its holiday time :)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
charbie, I think those will be lovely.

Just be sure to use a felt tip pen or something when writing the thank you notes, and do it on a hard surface, otherwise the writing might show through the picture, in terms of making it kind of raised.
4.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 1:59:47 PM
Author: charbie

Date: 11/12/2009 1:54:57 PM
Author: Haven
that was my thinking. they will still have the personal thank you note on the back, but it isn''t ''glaring'' that it was the thank you note when others look at it if its kept somewhere.

and Haven, i laugh everytime you post. i love your quote from ''Elf''- especially now that the movie keeps playing since its holiday time :)
That''s so funny! When I first added that quote to my sig I didn''t credit it to Buddy, and Ellen started a thread to tell me how funny she thought it was. She hadn''t even seen the movie, she just thought it was some crazy quote, which makes it even funnier in my mind. Anyway, I am mildly obsessed with that movie and I look forward to watching it repeatedly during this holiday season.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results