shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you letter ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I were recently shopping in an upscale jeweler store and I saw a pair of earrings that I had to have, (very cute pave design). I tried them on and the the saleslady was very helpful. In the end I took them and my husband paid for them on his credit card.

About a week later a Thank You note came to our house addressed to my husband. It thanked him for buying them and hoped I liked them. I sort of felt left out! Shouldn't the saleslady have addressed the letter to both me and my husband since we were there together? Or am I being too much of a feminist
4.gif
?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless you filled out an information sheet or something my guess would be that they only had his name and info on file along with what he purchased, so I bet someone was just writing the notes and only had that info with them? But it is just a guess...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beacon why would you feel left out? the earrings were for you right, so obviously you are wearing them! and in the letter she said she hoped you liked them?

chances are she just had his name/address from the CC and just figured she''d mail it to him.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
A warning to vendors about thispractice. I have a high school friend whose father purchased a pair of earrings for his mother at an upscale jewelry store in our town. She had already received the gift when the thank you note came from the store, so she opened it....To discover that he had bought TWO pairs of earrings....but the mom only got one pair. The jewelry store inadvertently blew the top off of the Dad's longtime affair.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 1:56:21 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
A warning to vendors about thispractice. I have a high school friend whose father purchased a pair of earrings for his mother at an upscale jewelry store in our town. She had already received the gift when the thank you note came from the store, so she opened it....To discover that he had bought TWO pairs of earrings....but the mom only got one pair. The jewelry store inadvertently blew the top off of the Dad''s longtime affair.

OUCH. Sad for your friend...but amusing in the scheme of things...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
yea, it was very unfortunate.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 2:06:07 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 11/19/2007 1:56:21 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
A warning to vendors about thispractice. I have a high school friend whose father purchased a pair of earrings for his mother at an upscale jewelry store in our town. She had already received the gift when the thank you note came from the store, so she opened it....To discover that he had bought TWO pairs of earrings....but the mom only got one pair. The jewelry store inadvertently blew the top off of the Dad''s longtime affair.

OUCH. Sad for your friend...but amusing in the scheme of things...
Yeah that''s awful.

Beacon, I agree with the others. They probably had your hubby''s name on file since it was his credit card. I would feel left out if the card didn''t mention you enjoying the earrings. Was it signed by the same salesperson?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Ok, maybe I was just having one of my 'sensitive' moments.
1.gif
Thanks for the comments. The story about the TY note blowing open the affair is really something! And I was questioning my TY note - hey things could be worse!

Yes the note was signed by the same sales lady that helped us.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Don't feel bad...by the end of the day...customers and faces seem to meld together. I am sure she didn't forget you...your name wasn't in front of her and odds are she was making out a slew of cards to send to clients. Not that that is bad...

Just like a bride getting a gift from a family, but only mentioning one person...the thought of appreciation is just as sincere...not intentional to shun. In your case...she was wise enough to send the card.

Next time you buy from her, she will remember the first sale...and be more familiar with your name. Give her another chance...she has a great bracelet that matches those earrings!!!
30.gif

DKS

Just how cute is cute? Where are our pictures????????????????

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss Beacon, I would love to see a pic of these beauties, please!!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon,

We have gone through the same thing. I think it is because it was on your hubby''s cc.

BTW, how is your little Ringneck?? Taco is fine, he is looks like Christmas with his green body and red beak, tee hee.

Linda

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
He's just fine, thanks for asking!

I have 3 ringnecks, two talk and one is young and may learn. So far that young one cannot talk at all though.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that is totally adorable Beacon!!! What a talker. Wish Taco talked like that. He is tooooo cute.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results