shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you all for of your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to Josh at DirtCheap, Richard Sherwood, RockDoc, Icelady, Phoenixgirl, Ana, CrankyDave and Pqcollectibles for all of your advice.(and anyone else I forgot to mention, sorry) I had the 2.51 princess mounted yesterday and it is stunning. They sure do look a lot bigger when they are mounted, don''t they? I''m going to have to wear sunglasses at night so I''m not blinded by the light.

It turns out that the girdle had been graded very conservatively by GIA and is closer to Thin to Med (Mostly medium). It survived the mounting and I am so happy that I didn''t give up on this stone.

I found this advebnture totally fascinating and if I wasn''t already a CPA, a busy one at that, I would certainly take up Gemology. I am a true believer now that the percentages don''t have to add up to get a beautiful stone. You have to look at the whole picture.

The forum has been a wealth of information and I couldn''t have done it without you! Thanks again. If I can take a decent picture of it, I''ll try to show you if anyone is interested.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe you can get a job as a CPA at a jewelry store :) We pay ours big bucks :) Then you would have the best of both worlds :)

Enjoy

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
and another
36.gif

glad you found something that you love!!!
of course we want to see pictures!! (asap!!
3.gif
)

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
And yet another
36.gif
!!!

So happy that you found the ''one''!! Fancy cuts can be really tricky. Now, you know that mandatory pictures are in order!!!

Can''t wait to see this huge beauty!! Congrats!
9.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Great idea Iceman, but you know, how do gem lovers maintain any self control at all when they work at a jewelry store? I don''t know if I could control myself but I''d love my job!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
No fair Christy!! You know the rules. No telling ABOUT rings without posting eye candy for all us junkies to oggle!!
3.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Congrats on your beautiful ring!!
36.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
I know PQ, but my camera stinks and apparently so do I. I just tried and the pictures are so blurry you can''t appreciate the ring. I guess I should have bought a camera before the diamond. I''ll try to see if a friend has a good camera.

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
I''ve heard that there aren''t any stupid questions, but how about this one? Every time I take a picture of my ring, the whole picture looks white. Is it my camera or me?

Christy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results