shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank heaven for pricescope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I was reading questions about diamonds on "Yahoo Answers" and here are some of the things that people believe out there.
It''s so...so sad.
40.gif

Q. My diamond glows bright blue under a blacklight; does that mean that it''s fake???

A. A real diamond will glow under a black light. The intensity of the blue is indicative of the quality of the diamond. Cubic Zirconia, the fake diamond will not glow under a black light.

Q. Is there a real visual difference between a Good, Very Good and Excellent rated Polish and Symmetry for a diamond?
A. They probably put the label Very Good and Excellent rated Polish and Symmetry to jack the price up. nobody will now it is good and not very good unless they were a jeweler who was intensely looking at the diamond.

Q. can you cause any damage to diamonds from everyday use? like if you drop the ring, smash your hand again something, etc.. can you scratch or even crack the diamond from such actions?

A. no, diamonds are the hardest substance known to man. it''s 10 of 10 on the Mohr''s scale of hardness.

Q. Is this a good diamond?
I am buying a diamond ring and and I was wanting to know if the measurements on this diamond are good. It is a 1 ct. round diamond and the measurements are 6.45-6.41by 3.95mm. If my calculations are correct this comes to 6.14mm. Is this a good diamond and what part does the measurements play in making a good diamond.

A. get 14 C it is much better quality

funny funny stuff.
38.gif
39.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oh my - that is scary stuff.
23.gif

Mind you - it leaves the good stuff for ladies like us who really know how to appreciate it
31.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYGOSH??!!! REALLY???!!! That''s just shameful!!!
38.gif

Makes me worry, though, about some of the stuff I have read (on other topics) that I *believe*!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20.gif
oh dear. Why is it that people who have no education about the subject matter give answers to poor souls who don''t know any better? This reminds me of that episode of The Office where Michael goes straight to Wikipedia for the definition of something and takes the answer for gospel and ends up looking like a complete a$$ as usual.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Oh. My. Goodness.

I don't even have close to the diamond knowledge of most PSers, and those answers were still all ridiculous to me!! (I have CZ earrings, and they certainly glow under a black light... the intensity of the blue is indicative of the quality of the diamond??! But polish and symmetry rating ISN'T?!?!!?!
14.gif
)

Poor yahoo user #457 who's using this FAQ to buy a diamond
38.gif

zdrastvootya

Shiny_Rock
I''m pretty amazed at how wrong the answers can be on the Yahoo question section.

It''s like that saying about knowing what you don''t know.

The attitude of "I don''t know what I''m talking about, but I''m going to share my opinion" always makes me scratch my head. The internet gives these types a public forum for sharing their misinformation.

Z.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

reminds me of my co-worker. she mentioned one day that a diamond can't chip b/c it's the hardest material.
6.gif

i tried telling her she was not correct, but well, that was like talking to... you guessed it, the wall.
24.gif

guess she'll find out the hard way.
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results