shape
carat
color
clarity

Testing the waters...dippin my toes back in....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 5:27:12 AM
Author: blueroses
WOW, it''s like a class reunion on this thread!!

Stawdermangrl, you are a class act. You''ve been so kind to me, and you (and Apple, and onedrop, and starset, and bee, and Lauren) and a whole HOST of other gals who just haven''t posted on this thread yet all came up through the LIW ranks together. I''m so sorry your marriage didn''t work out, and I''m even more sorry for the loss of your mom (and the subsequent betrayal by your later partner.) Life throws all sorts of unexpected, unfair crap at you, and it CERTAINLY doesn''t make sense at the time. It probably will later, though.

Anyway...it''s great to see you here.
35.gif
35.gif
It is! It''s kind of crazy. I''m glad to see you again, straw! I''m very sorry to hear about your divorce and I want to offer my deepest condolences for the loss of your mother... I can''t imagine.

Wishing you the best in your new relationship!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/20/2010 10:40:13 AM
Author: anchor31

Date: 4/16/2010 5:27:12 AM
Author: blueroses
WOW, it''s like a class reunion on this thread!!

Stawdermangrl, you are a class act. You''ve been so kind to me, and you (and Apple, and onedrop, and starset, and bee, and Lauren) and a whole HOST of other gals who just haven''t posted on this thread yet all came up through the LIW ranks together. I''m so sorry your marriage didn''t work out, and I''m even more sorry for the loss of your mom (and the subsequent betrayal by your later partner.) Life throws all sorts of unexpected, unfair crap at you, and it CERTAINLY doesn''t make sense at the time. It probably will later, though.

Anyway...it''s great to see you here.
35.gif
35.gif
It is! It''s kind of crazy. I''m glad to see you again, straw! I''m very sorry to hear about your divorce and I want to offer my deepest condolences for the loss of your mother... I can''t imagine.

Wishing you the best in your new relationship!
Anchor!!! Hi! Congrats on your little one!
9.gif
It is SO fun to see all these old faces! :) Thanks for the kind wishes, it is fun to be back!
35.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 8:57:58 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl
HAHAHA, you are right, we are going to get along just fine. So here, let me fill you in. We were set up by some friends. He actually works in the family business, and I mean my ENTIRE family is in the same line of work as he so I completely understood his demands and lifestyle resulting from that. He travels about 3 weeks out of the month when it is busy season, so it has been hard for him to date because most don''t get it. I do, which is kind of cool. Anyway. We talked for about a week, emails and phone calls. Finally went out on Friday night. It was fun, we had dinner then we went and had a few drinks afterwards. We have a lot in common and things clicked. We are going out again tonight, so we will see. I think I freak myself out. LOL. I think the minute I start to think ''Is this something that could turn into a relationship?'' I literally start to panic and nitpick.
38.gif
I really start to feel anxiety, I am hoping this is something that will pass?? Maybe I am just a freak? LOL, I don''t know. Any insight? I kid to my friends sometimes that maybe I am just supposed to wander the planet alone like the incredible hulk. HAHA
2.gif

Aw that sounds fab, I''m glad you had a good time! I think that it''s great that you can totally understand something that others have had a problem with before, he must have been so relieved
1.gif
As far as your panic goes, I think that''s perfectly understandable given what has gone before, and that the anxiety will pass as soon as you''re comfortable. It will either pass because he''s completely awesome and your fears will be assuaged, or you''ll discover that your anxiety was actually spot on and you were some kind of superpowerlady and we''ll all want to take you to the labs for testing and steal your DNA. I know I for one would love some of that stuff...

ANYWAY. I''m very excited to hear about the next chapter!!!!!!!

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
It is GOB! I didn''t think anyone would recognize my him since it''s so distorted. I miss AD terribly and I''m really holding out for the movie!

You obviously have excellent taste. I like you already :)

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/20/2010 2:44:39 PM
Author: Parsley

HAHAHA, you are right, we are going to get along just fine. So here, let me fill you in. We were set up by some friends. He actually works in the family business, and I mean my ENTIRE family is in the same line of work as he so I completely understood his demands and lifestyle resulting from that. He travels about 3 weeks out of the month when it is busy season, so it has been hard for him to date because most don''t get it. I do, which is kind of cool. Anyway. We talked for about a week, emails and phone calls. Finally went out on Friday night. It was fun, we had dinner then we went and had a few drinks afterwards. We have a lot in common and things clicked. We are going out again tonight, so we will see. I think I freak myself out. LOL. I think the minute I start to think ''Is this something that could turn into a relationship?'' I literally start to panic and nitpick.
38.gif
I really start to feel anxiety, I am hoping this is something that will pass?? Maybe I am just a freak? LOL, I don''t know. Any insight? I kid to my friends sometimes that maybe I am just supposed to wander the planet alone like the incredible hulk. HAHA
2.gif

Aw that sounds fab, I''m glad you had a good time! I think that it''s great that you can totally understand something that others have had a problem with before, he must have been so relieved
1.gif
As far as your panic goes, I think that''s perfectly understandable given what has gone before, and that the anxiety will pass as soon as you''re comfortable. It will either pass because he''s completely awesome and your fears will be assuaged, or you''ll discover that your anxiety was actually spot on and you were some kind of superpowerlady and we''ll all want to take you to the labs for testing and steal your DNA. I know I for one would love some of that stuff...

How did you know my nickname! LOL, I kid. I kid. We are going out tonight, so I will fill you in tomorrow. ;-)
36.gif

Bunny007- Did you hear they are making an AD movie?! I KNOW!!!
36.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
So it''s taken me AGES to realise you were talking about Arrested Development! Upon closer inspection of Bunny''s av however, I finally got it. :)

There''s going to be a movie?! For serious?! I love Arrested Development but BF doesn''t like it, so I never get a chance to watch it :(

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/21/2010 6:08:46 AM
So it''s taken me AGES to realise you were talking about Arrested Development! Upon closer inspection of Bunny''s av however, I finally got it. :)

There''s going to be a movie?! For serious?! I love Arrested Development but BF doesn''t like it, so I never get a chance to watch it :(
HAHAHA, you know what a nerd I feel like? I totally didn''t see that Bunny had written about the AD movie and then I am all "Did you hear about the movie"...ha. Slow sometimes.
37.gif

AD is a great show, good friend of mine refers to me as Mr. F. LOL.

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Awhile ago a guy called Tobias almost lived with us...I had to bite my tongue to stop from asking him if he was a never-nude.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/21/2010 8:42:03 AM
Awhile ago a guy called Tobias almost lived with us...I had to bite my tongue to stop from asking him if he was a never-nude.
Or what his profession was...did he show up in blue from head to toe? Or did he proclaim he was the worlds...err...second "analrapist"? HAHA. I make myself laugh, sometimes.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/20/2010 2:44:39 PM

38.gif
2.gif

1.gif

So...pretty sure that is a fail. There is NO chemistry. We get along great and have a lot to talk about but not really attracted to him. It was awkward at the end of the date, I think he came in for the kiss and I did the "oh look at that stray cat" head turn. Then, not meaning to, I accidentally did the ''pat, pat'' on the back when we did the odd ''side hug''. OH- best part. I was eating and a piece of food fell off my fork and just happened to fall down- yep, you guessed it- my shirt.
20.gif
LOL, I should have a video crew follow me around. Always a show.

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Maybe it''s like the Truman show and this episode was "Strawdermangrl has a stereotypical awkward date"?

On the one hand, I''m sorry it didn''t go so well, but on the other hand, YAY now lots more dates and stories for you to tell me so I can live vicariously through you!
3.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/22/2010 4:52:27 AM
Maybe it''s like the Truman show and this episode was ''Strawdermangrl has a stereotypical awkward date''?

On the one hand, I''m sorry it didn''t go so well, but on the other hand, YAY now lots more dates and stories for you to tell me so I can live vicariously through you!
3.gif
HAHA. Nicely done. So...Yeah, I am not sure. I am just kind of laying back and going to let things happen. I don''t really want to look, I would rather just kind of see what falls in my lap. LOL, how lazy does that sound? I guess I am just saying that I am pretty happy as is, so if someone comes along that wants to add to that, I am game. Otherwise? Lifes a garden, dig it.
2.gif

Parsley, I will be sure to let you know if I go on another date.
1.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Good, I''m glad you''re all chilled out, it''s the best way to be! We all know the best things happen when you''re not looking for them to happen :)

Date: 4/23/2010 11:38:35 AM
Parsley, I will be sure to let you know if I go on another date.
1.gif

You better bloody do.
2.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results