shape
carat
color
clarity

temporary sizing options? that actually work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
OK. My wedding ring is way too big for me now. It is a 12.5, and my finger is now a 10.5. However, since I fully intend to lose more weight, it will likely be a 9.5 by the end of this summer. I don''t want to have it resized more than 1 time, so I am looking for some options to temporarily size it, so I don''t lose it. I have already tried the "ring guard" which is basically a piece of metal that they Strapped across the bottom third of the ring to make it smaller. Perhaps the one that they gave me was just too cheap, but within about 15 minutes I had crushed it, and it just slides all over my ring, adding to the patina of the platinum.

Are there wider/thicker ring guards available, and the jeweler I went to just didn''t have them, or is it just really uncommon for a guy to need one, thus they aren''t available? The one they gave me was probably about 2mm wide and about .5 mm thick. obviously not strong enough, not to mention it barely wraps around my wring, since it is 7mm wide, and comfort fit...

anyone heard of any other options that would be easy, and available in a local jewelry store?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results