shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Temperamental Exotic Metallic Freshwaters from PP!!!!

OK, Soooooo Pearl Paradise had a sale code that was supposed to end xmas eve. On Dec 26th it still worked... so I accidentally bought a necklace :Up_to_something:

I purchased an 18" 7-7.5mm multi color exotic strand. I've really been wanting one to go with my 39" exotic rope (6.5-7 I think).
I asked for a true multi colored strand with lights and darks, purples, pinks and creams. A few days passed and I hadn't heard anything so I just asked them to cancel the order. A few hours after that, I got a call from Chenai saying that they had just finished the strand! It took a bit longer to get the right colors.

Side bar: Are they running out of exotics? It seems like they don't have a lot of sizes anymore... which is why I *had* to get these :rodent:

Anyhoo. UPS is soooooo slooooow. With the holidays it took me from Dec 26 (order) to get them Jan 6 (delivery). Normally it doesn't take that long. The longest part was UPS.

OK sooooo this is where the "temperamental" part comes in.
I have purchased a few pairs of exotic earrings, a pendant and the long rope. Each and every single time that I opened them I was let down. There is something bizarre about how these pearls act. You first open them and think :( after they have some time to acclimate to the house though they turn into :)

So with this strand I opened it and thought, "Wow that's really... dull." I put them on and they were ICE COLD. I then did a few things around the house, took them off and POOF.. they looked gorgeous. I am not even joking! These are like bratty little teenagers in some lighting.

The other issue is that for some reason these always get delivered after the sun goes down. Indoor lighting does these beauties no justice. Direct sunlight does them no justice. Daylight, with the sun out, in the shade are when they look ideal. I mean.. like :love:

I debated on these- the 7-7.5mm or the 7.5-8mm. I should've done the larger ones but I just didn't want to spend the money on freshies! I can say that in the future I will def do larger. I am so used to the larger tahitians that these feel like I'm missing something when I wear them! Perhaps a white freshadama strand next.... :devil:

So, basically, I love these guys. They have a million gorgeous little colors in them. Some are round and some are off-round but still freakin' gorgeous. They are so metallic they seriously look like.... metal! :love:

I want to thank Chenai for a job well done. She has actually picked out a few of my items and always does a stellar job. The PP team are just all rockstars.

Now on to the pictures!!!

OK, I have to do some resizing. Might take a bit.

3.JPG

THis is the 18" strand at the top with my rope at the bottom- 39"

ps10.jpg

rope at the bottom.. new ones at the top.

Can you see the size difference?

ps12.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bean|1325950213|3097229 said:

Not very noticeable at first glance.

Both strands are extremely gorgeous. I am glad the PP team pulled through for you. Chenai is very pleasant and cheerful to deal with, even in person. Wear those strands in good health.

I posted earlier but it didn't show up. :confused:

I took the pink out of the picture in this one. It made the pearls look more intense than what they really are but still a cool picture.
This is the last one for now.. and I took them all with my iPhone4s too!

pearls.jpg

HHPmom|1325950291|3097231 said:
bean|1325950213|3097229 said:

Not very noticeable at first glance.

Both strands are extremely gorgeous. I am glad the PP team pulled through for you. Chenai is very pleasant and cheerful to deal with, even in person. Wear those strands in good health.

I posted earlier but it didn't show up. :confused:

I was having issues posting too.. weird.

I agree the size isn't too different. I can see it if I have them right next to each other and staring straight down, but they are very close!
The PP team is always great. If I have an issue with something they always fix it. I am like a PP groupie! One reason I purchase from them so often is because I find their ordering process very easy.. and their pictures of individual strands help. I need to try other companies too, but when I think of crazy metallic freshies, it's PP all the way!

Oh and sorry for the cat hair. With 4 cats it get's on everything. Even the clean white shirt I used to take pictures on. LOL

:rolleyes: ::)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Bean, I am tickled for you. What great pearls Chanai selected for your collection. They are so shiny the look like someone sprayed them with clear coat. That dark purple with the blue overtone is my favorite. What color exotic metallic earrings do you have to wear with them?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: What beautiful strands you have. These pearls are really something else and temperamental is really a good way to describe them only showing their colors when they want to. It catches you off guard whe they show their beauty :wavey: . Enjoy your new treasures :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the colors are amazing! The metallics have such an interesting glow to them. So glad you're happy with your new strand.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the metallics, they are just gorgeous.... :love:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The colors are amazing. And I love the fact you were able to have the pearls selected. I hope I am able to do the same when I get my akoyas. You have motivated me to ask!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bean, you took great shots with the iPhone. Somehow I can't seem to do that. I wonder if it has to do with the haze from my red cover.

LtFirecracker, whatever strikes your fancy just ask PP. They are very accommodating. I find it best to chat for not too complicated request such as pictures of available choices. For strands, it's best to send an email and follow-up with phone calls.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1326043522|3097941 said:
bean, you took great shots with the iPhone. Somehow I can't seem to do that. I wonder if it has to do with the haze from my red cover.

LtFirecracker, whatever strikes your fancy just ask PP. They are very accommodating. I find it best to chat for not too complicated request such as pictures of available choices. For strands, it's best to send an email and follow-up with phone calls.

Thanks. I tried the chat, and the girl did not seem to understand my question. I will do e-mail next go around.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Congrats! :appl:

NacreLover|1325965242|3097358 said:
Bean, I am tickled for you. What great pearls Chanai selected for your collection. They are so shiny the look like someone sprayed them with clear coat. That dark purple with the blue overtone is my favorite. What color exotic metallic earrings do you have to wear with them?

I have.. er had 3 pairs. Two 7mm pairs.. one pinky magenta with green (gave those to my mom.. but she never wears them!) and a lav/ blue pair. Then I bought a pair 8.5mm (I think) of peachy cooper greens. It goes with my pendant.

Quite honestly, I prefer diamond earrings. I am thinking about turning some of my pearls into drops though so that I can wear both. I wish PP had an option on their site to turn the studs into dangles (pearls attached to a chain with an o-ring at the top to stick pearl or diamond studs through.) I know you can ask, I just hate bothering them TOO much :lol:

HHPmom|1326043522|3097941 said:

I also have a red iphone cover (kate spade with multi stripes! I love it)

I always take the cover off because it reflects in everything.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your lovely new strand. I LOVE Pearl Paradise!! Have not tried the metallic FWs yet, but I am tempted after seeing yours. Great photos with your phone :love:

The folks at PP exceed my expectation every single time,
need more pearls . . .

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Aww thanks guys!
I really love this strand. I've worn it quite a bit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results