shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell the truth.. you were a well behaved teenager?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
or did you gave your parents lots of headaches ?.. :bigsmile:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ridiculously well-behaved. Didn't test boundaries at all, which quite frankly isn't healthy. Mum and Dad were too caught up in their own drama and I couldn't add to the situation.

I'm cutting loose a bit now that I'm in the change...talked myself out of the tattoo though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was not just well behaved.
Sadly, I made myself invisible.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I...um...had my moments. But my parents didn't know about most of them. Thank God or I'd still be shut in my room!

--- Laurie

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
horrible.Started smoking at 12 to get along with a girl who became my best friend.
started drinking at 14.
got my first tattoo at.14; by 15 I had 11 facial piercings.
Left home unofficially at 15, officially at 16. worked 2 jobs a day to.support myself, which included bartending at the tender age of 16.

Luckily I snapped out of it.and got it all out of my system at 19.
I no longer smoke due to migraines, drink occasionally, no piercings, other than my 7 earrings.
Everytime I speak with my parents, I apologize profusely for being such.a pain.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was pretty good. Sure I behaved badly during my teenage years but I never gave my parents real cause for concern. I went out with "bad" boys and lied to my parents but I never did anything that would be considered bad so yes I think I was a relatively "good" teenager. I never did drugs or anything like that even though some of the guys I were dating at the time did and I never caved into peer pressure to do anything I wasn't comfortable doing. Did I always listen to my parents? Heck no but when it came down to it I had a good childhood to adulthood transition with very little chaos and stress.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am the middle child and I was the good one, I had some anger issues when I was young (like 10 or so) but somehow managed to get them under control by around 16....however my anger issues always simmer just below the surface and I have to control them almost on a daily basis.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I was very good. I had no intention of making an a** out of myself. I have no regrets at all.

It's probably a testament to my parents' sheer genius at parenting rather than anything innate.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
didnt drink or party, Valedictorian, captain of the golf team... they loved it

.....i had a older boyfriend though that if they knew everything about they would have been more worried :lol:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
My father died when I was 11 and my mom took it very hard. I was not going to add to her misery. I learned to grow up real fast and became very responsible.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on how you look at it I guess. Compared to some, I was an angel, compared to others I was a hellion. My cousin got sent away for doing a lot of the same things I did--we did them together. But, I had hugely strict parents, and she had hugely enabling parents. I always had a desire to not disobey my parents, even when I was, so I never was *too* bad, I don't think. I drank, I smoked, I smoked pot for a little while, lied about when I came home...but I also worked full time in high school (this was before they had the regulations that they do now), and paid for everything myself, and I had chores at home (more so when I graduated). And when I say chores, I'm talking almost a full time job at home taking care of the acreage. At 18, I had an 11:30 curfew and my 17 year old brother had a 12:00 curfew--b/c he was a boy, and didn't have the chores I did. So, I freaked out and told them I was moving in w/a guy friend. There was a lot of discussion (if you want to be treated like an adult you have to act like an adult-i'm already an adult working full time and paying for everything myself, plus putting in almost 40 hours a week at home, I quit drinking, quit smoking pot, I leave notes where I'm going, what more do you want, cripes) And that was the end of it.

My cousin is having an awful time w/her 17 year old daughter-she's another version of herself, tho actually I think she's worse than my cousin was. I'm hoping not to have issues like those w/our daughter but we'll see!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a really good kid until I turned 20 and fell in with a bad crowd. I calmed down after a few years and now have a wonderful relationship with my parents. As a teenager I really kept my head down, studied hard, was a bit of a band geek.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Extremely well, no drugs, no drinking, no partying, no boyfriends, listened and did as I was told. No regrets since I was able to focus on getting a good education.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I certainly had moments of badness and no doubt gave my parents a few headaches but compared to some people I know, but it was mostly innocent badness. I just wanted to go out dancing! (A lot).. (at clubs)....Thankfully, I got over most of that nonsense by about 20.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
rosetta said:
I was very good. I had no intention of making an a** out of myself. I have no regrets at all.

It's probably a testament to my parents' sheer genius at parenting rather than anything innate.

This is my situation too.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Begonia|1374902553|3491336 said:
Ridiculously well-behaved. Didn't test boundaries at all, which quite frankly isn't healthy.

Me to a T!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1374931623|3491412 said:
didnt drink or party, Valedictorian, captain of the golf team... they loved it

.....i had a older boyfriend though that if they knew everything about they would have been more worried :lol:

Ooh this is me. I didn't drink until I got to college, was Valedictorian, Editor-in-Chief of the yearbook and newspaper, swim team captain....

AND ABSOLUTELY BOY CRAZY haha. I used to sneak out of my fire escape to see boys because my parents wouldn't let me date. Parents? JUST LET YOUR KIDS DATE lol! That was the worst thing I really did in high school though.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. No drugs, drinking, or boys. I only hope my daughter will be as easy! ;-)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was raised in a religious bubble. Wouldn't think of being bad. Making up for it at 54 :Up_to_something:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm looking back with rose coloured glasses, so my perception of me as a teen is slightly warped, the farther I get from it! But in general, I dated, but decent guys; I didn't drink - 1 beer maybe? & my first ever drunken experience was with my dad when we were out for dinner with friends & I was 18; pot x 3 only in my lifetime; B- to B+ marks in school; had a few part time jobs that I juggled along w school then university; paid for anything I needed - clothes, food, had my own car w insurance; looked after some meals and keeping our family home clean and tidy while my mother was out with her BF; did not test limits the way my own kids have ... So overall, not a bad kid IMO.

However, the parts that I prefer not to recall for a variety of factors, was my relationship with my mother. She and I were like gasoline and a match. It took next to nothing to set us both off, so in that sense, I was probably the daughter from hell, but take me away from her, and I'm darn near saint material! Now - we get along MUCH MUCH better and I appreciate her more and more as I grow older.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1374936643|3491452 said:
Extremely well, no drugs, no drinking, no partying, no boyfriends, listened and did as I was told. No regrets since I was able to focus on getting a good education.
that is not a normal teenager.. :bigsmile:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1374925090|3491378 said:
horrible.Started smoking at 12 to get along with a girl who became my best friend.
started drinking at 14.
got my first tattoo at.14; by 15 I had 11 facial piercings.
Left home unofficially at 15, officially at 16. worked 2 jobs a day to.support myself, which included bartending at the tender age of 16.

Luckily I snapped out of it.and got it all out of my system at 19.
I no longer smoke due to migraines, drink occasionally, no piercings, other than my 7 earrings.
Everytime I speak with my parents, I apologize profusely for being such.a pain.

11 on your face?? How and where? Do your ears count as part of the face?

I was a horrible teen. Extremely emotional. I'd rage and throw temper tantrums when I was unable to express how I felt. I was a very angry person. I calmed down around high school. My rage days = eating away my feelings. Between 6th and 7th grade, I put on 30 pounds in the 2 months of summer vacation.

The rage-mode version of me faded by 8th grade, along with the stuffing-my-face-with-anything-because-I-was-upset. I became aware (sort of) of social rules. All of a sudden, I was paying attention to actually wanting to make friends.. and boys :!:

I always had great grades and was in honors everything until HS. Then I started to fail. Spent all my time talking to friends and boys. I'd start skipping class. My school required a doctor's note if you were absent for 3 days or more in a row. So I'd miss Monday and Tuesday, come back for Wednesday, and be out again until the following week. Rinse and repeat. I'd only show up on test and project dates to turn things in or take exams. I'd sleep in all day just to stay up all night to talk to people.

I started drinking when I was 16. Wouldn't go home at night and never told anyone where I was. My mom didn't care anyway. She'd only sporadically rage at me for not coming home when she felt bored or something. If my first HS boyfriend didn't cheat on me and knock up another girl, I would be raising a 10 year old by now. I'm 25, for reference.

I can't say I regret being a nightmare child for my mother… her lack of parenting is probably the reason why I had trouble adjusting to the real world. But I feel horrible for causing my grandmother to panic all the time. She doesn't deserve the worry I caused her. She had a broken heart for YEARS because of me. I didn't have a father figure.

I wasn't a complete useless slob though. I worked. A LOT. I got over the fascination with alcohol by the time I turned 18, and never really drank much again. I went to community college because, despite my very high SAT scores, my GPA was abysmal from skipping school. I went to school one class at a time, always with work as my priority. I never thought I'd do anything more in life. I had dreams but no encouragement and the doubt that I could ever reach them. Thank goodness that decade is over!

I can say I'm relieved I never touched drugs or got any stupid tattoos.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say they gave me headaches. They partied a lot.. I raised myself. I really don't know how they let my brother move to NYC at 16... But that's what he did.

I was no saint. I drove myself around at 14 because no one was around to drive me any where....

When it came time for me to get driving lessons?? The guy was like wow, ok you are an expert.... :naughty:

I was a very good kid considering... I could have gotten away with a lot more. But didn't test it..

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was very sarcastic and a bit of a smart mouth, at least that is what my mom thought. She was very old school though and didn't tolerate much. But I never smoked, drank or got into any trouble. Never partied. I did go to a private christian school though. Although I new a few kids who were into drugs there. It was pretty easy to avoid, very much different from today, I think.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was squeaky clean goodie 2 shoes.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1374918026|3491368 said:
I...um...had my moments. But my parents didn't know about most of them. Thank God or I'd still be shut in my room!

--- Laurie

This.

The funny thing is that I was always the "good kid" and everyone used to make fun of me for being so "good". Yeah :rolleyes:

No drugs so that was good.

I do regret some of what I did. Especially when I look at "A" and think about what I was doing when I was the same age as she is now. I'm very lucky that there weren't more serious consequences to my poor decisions. At least now I can think back and know what to watch for so "A" doesn't get away with anything!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
On a day to day basis, I would say I was good. I worked part time since I was 14 to save for college, graduated with honors, and never stayed out late.

Aside from my two car accidents :shock:, my parents didn't know about a lot of my bad stuff, or at least not until later. I started smoking and drinking at 15. I had numerous boyfriends(all 18+ years old) that my parents didn't know about and snuck out to planned parenthood to get birth control. At least 2-3 times a month I would sleep over at friends houses so that I could go out and party with them all night. By the time I was 16 I had pierced my nose and belly button, but would remove them when at home so that my parents wouldn't get mad.

D

Deactivated member 42515

My childhood was spent saving the world from villains. If not for my heroic acts, this world would be overcome with nasty evil scientists, gigantic monsters, and scary zombies. I also mastered world peace and stopped hunger around the world. And all before I learned how to drive. I am the ultimate child.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh, we are supposed to tell the truth? I thought we were supposed to think of the most ridiculous thing possible about ourselves seeing from someone's post.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1374906624|3491346 said:
I was not just well behaved.
Sadly, I made myself invisible.

Don't blame you one bit, Kenny. <<hugs>>

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results