shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me what you think of this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anica

Rough_Rock
Hello! I''ve been learning about diamonds from this site for over a month now. I can''t tell you how much I appreciate having this resource! My husband is buying me an anniversary ring (our 29th in Sept.) and my jeweler has finally found a diamond for me to consider. I would very much appreciate your opinions on it. Here are the stats:

1.522 cts. round brilliant, 7.40-7.44 x 4.53
Color: H
Clarity: VS2 small feather near edge in table...jeweler thought it should''ve been VS1 and I had trouble finding it myself.
AGS 0
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.096%
Crown Angle: 34.0%
Pavillion Angle: 40.7%
Girdle: 0.5%-1.8%

We examined it yesterday and it was beautiful! We plan to set it in a Richard Krementz 3 stone setting with gold shank and platinum head and trim. It''s the one on the right http://www.rkg1866.com/bridal3.html
The loose stone will be appraised next Tues. and before we write the check I just had to run it by all of you.

Thanks so much,
anica

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds good to me.
an ideal-scope is $25 and would tell you for sure but it sounds good to me.
Does it show an arrow pattern?
Who is the report by? GIA, AGS?

anica

Rough_Rock
It is AGS. My jeweler said they would try to get ahold of an idealscope for me.
Actually, I just pulled out an appraisal we had done on an inherited ring by the same appraiser who will be looking at this stone. I see under the list of gemological equipment a Duplex II Refractometer and a Diamond light among numerous other devices. Would either of those funtion as an idealscope? We can probably arrange to be there for the appraisal and use their equipment.

anica

anica

Rough_Rock
Also, it does show an arrow pattern and looks very symmetrical to me.
The AGS report is dated 31 August 2005. It does not show a light performance rating like I have seen on some similar diamonds listed on pricescope. I wonder why? Also, the table percent of 55 falls just under the AGS 0 minimum of 55.4% (I think that''s what I saw) so is it really AGS 0? The only other concern I had was the thin girdle (0.5-1.8)

anica

anica

Rough_Rock
The diamond in question scores 0.8 on HCA. That is excellent, right?
Is the girdle dangerously thin? 0.5%-1.8% Will it be safe in the bezel style setting shown in the link on my previous post?
With the excellent proportions, do I really need to see the idealscope?

anica

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like a real nice diamond.
New AGS0 goes below 55% table no worries there.
edit see below:
How does it look to you?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful setting you''ve chosen! I have a three stone ring with the diamonds set in semi-bezels and I love the look! It makes the diamonds look very round and slightly larger.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, I love that setting you chose. That 18k is yummilicious. Going to be a stunner!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
just checked the link and its only a half bezel id like a bit thicker girdle in that setting how much of the girdle is .5?

anica

Rough_Rock
The diamond looks very bright with lots of fire. I took it outside where it was a cloudy day and it still looked very bright white and sparkly. I have seen a solisfera diamond that looked so bright it was like a flashlight but it didn't have the contrast and color dispersion that this diamond has. This diamond really has character and depth. (Don't I sound like I know what I,m talking about
9.gif
');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
9.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif" width="15 border=0"> and I owe it all to the tutorials on pricescope....and the good old gold site)

We are very excited about the setting. I am into gardening and flowers and the trim on the ring looks like flower petals to me. It will be a gold shank with platinum head and trim...the reverse of the picture. My husband likes the warmth of gold and I like the two-tone look. I'll be able to wear other jewelry in gold or silver and feel like I,m matching. I've never had much fine jewelry so this is an incredible treat for me
36.gif
');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

As for the girdle, I'm not sure how much of it is the thinner 0.8. Our jewler carries the Krementz line and we picked out the setting before the diamond so I assume they think it's a good match. We just forgot to ask about it on Sat. and they are closed until tomorrow. Hopefully, the thinnest part could be placed under the bezel. We will definitely ask about it. The diamond will be sent to the Krementz jewelers to be set and I'm sure they will do it right. I'm told they are very picky. The side diamonds will be F VS ideal cut quality.

anica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results