shape
carat
color
clarity

Teeth whiteners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking to whiten my teeth but don''t want to spend hundreds at the dentist. Has anyone tried anything at home with good results?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yep - I''ve done crest white strips and the paint on things. Both whitened, but I liked the white strips a little more because my mouth didn''t get as gunky.

I will say though that I could not follow the recommended whitening schedule on the box because my teeth got too sensitive.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
That is my problem. I have very sensitive teeth. I''m looking for something that will take that into consideration and not be too harsh.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
There have been a couple threads about this in the past...if I remember correctly, the general consensus was that all whiteners make your teeth sensitive. My advice is to just do it far in advance of whatever occasion you''re shooting for, discontinue use if it gets too bad, and if you''re worried, whiten once every other day or two (instead of twice a day as directed). It will still work. I also used sensodyne as toothpaste the whole time I was whitening.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
good old fashioned peroxide. Just rinse with it once a day, and an added bonus is it kills germs

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Crest White Strips Premium. I don''t have super sensitive teeth, but if I used them twice a day for a few days in a row my teeth would hurt, so I had to spread it out. They work like a charm, though!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a dental hygienist. Use the Crest white strips and brush with Sensodyne right after for the sensitivity. Don''t brush before as the fluoride will block the strips from working. You can also swish with purple Listerine after to stop the sensitivity.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i use baking soda and peroxide...my teeth have signifigantly whitened. i also have sensitive teeth and had issues with the strips.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2008 8:30:12 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I am a dental hygienist. Use the Crest white strips and brush with Sensodyne right after for the sensitivity. Don''t brush before as the fluoride will block the strips from working. You can also swish with purple Listerine after to stop the sensitivity.
Amazing what you can find out, thanks April!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I like the listerine whitestrips better. You don''t have to remove anything, they just stick to your teeth and dissolve. They''re also minty, so they freshen breath and they didn''t make my teeth as sensitive as the crest ones.

For the limited money spent, I loved the Crest White Strips, but depending on how much coffee and stuff you drink, you might want to do it twice a year to keep the results. I did the 1 week one (Crest Premium) and I could absolutely see results- I even have a bid of bonding on my front 4 teeth and they worked fine (though, it wont work on bonding).

Anyways for the price they are great!

I also tried the Rembrandt 2 hr one.. Or whatever.. I burned my gums. I couldn''t brush my teeth for a few days because my mouth was in SO much pain. It was the Rembrandt one with the trays.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results