shape
carat
color
clarity

Technically NOT, but YES!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
okay, so i''m not technically a BIW BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT this is one of the forums i am on frequently and still check up on all the lovely ladies!
anyways, the reason i''m writing this post is because our one year anniversary is coming up and i want to start traditions so that we can start from the beginning!

here are some of my ideas, i''m wondering if any of you have other things you''ll be doing!

get a small replica of our wedding cake made, and in future years we''ll just get a NEW wedding cake every year (the first year should probably resemble our wedding cake i guess?)

I just want to make it special; and i value tradition SOO!!

Oh, I do want to go with the traditional gifts (1 year paper, 2 year cotton, etc)

ANYTHING ELSE?!

haha. Oh anniversary is December 21st!

AND
don''t hate me for still lingering around the BWW forum! ha ha
12.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 2:19:01 PM
Author:sparkly_stars
okay, so i''m not technically a BIW BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT this is one of the forums i am on frequently and still check up on all the lovely ladies!

anyways, the reason i''m writing this post is because our one year anniversary is coming up and i want to start traditions so that we can start from the beginning!

here are some of my ideas, i''m wondering if any of you have other things you''ll be doing!

get a small replica of our wedding cake made, and in future years we''ll just get a NEW wedding cake every year (the first year should probably resemble our wedding cake i guess?)

I just want to make it special; and i value tradition SOO!!

Oh, I do want to go with the traditional gifts (1 year paper, 2 year cotton, etc)

ANYTHING ELSE?!

haha. Oh anniversary is December 21st!

AND

don''t hate me for still lingering around the BWW forum! ha ha
12.gif
lol we don''t hate you!
For our one year anniversary I''m planning on getting fi broncos tickets for the paper thing :) Also I think we will get a new ornament each year that is a nice one (aside from just colored bulbs)

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
oooo the ornament thing isn''t bad- considering for the wedding i got one made with the date and it was really just cartoon-y and cute.
hmm.

and, thanks for not hating! ha ha. i keep my eyes open here, since i figure i can probably offer SOME advise (not a lot of people get married in winter, or plan a wedding from 3000 miles, or do it in less then 3 months haha)

as for the paper thing, i was thinking tickets too - i''m not sure if thats the route i want to go (i like the idea of using newspaper as well) - i wish i hadn''t, but on our very first date (6 years ago), we went to a movie and i had the movie stub so like 3 or 4 years ago i had that framed.. (that would have been a GOOD paper one i think!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
One year anniversary, he''s getting boudoir pics, providing I can get the nerve to do it. I figure that''s paper enough.

High five for another winter bride!

And you are welcome to hang out here as long as you want! (We need insight from people who have been there, done that already anyway!)

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I love the cake tradition. My FI LOVES cake, like, it is his favorite food seriously. I''m pretty sure that will be his favorite thing about the wedding!! (I put him in charge of it as a result!).

I like the ornament idea. It is already a tradition that FI''s mom gives him an ornament each year and has done so his whole life, so I think it''d be cute to start it ourselves.

For paper, I like books/magazine subscriptions. FI is a huge reader and would love that.

Okay apparently I have no good suggestions, but I like all of yours so far!! Keep hanging around, I agree it''s great to hear the been there done that perspective! What''s worth it, what you regret, what was a bust, etc!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
technically, we could all be making our weddings up. its the internet! no fact checking- no worries about not being a BIW ;-)

a couple i know have a tradition that i think is just adoreable. every year, he has gotten her a rose for their anniversary, and added one for each year they have been married. along with that, they have taken pictures of them with the roses, so you can see how it has progressively gotten bigger and bigger- very cute idea!

my goal is to make sure on our anniversary we have a picture taken at the very least- it will be fun to see how we have aged!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom and dad took pictures every year for their anniversary. They are in their wedding album, I think they have years 1-10, 15, 20, 25 and maybe 30? Not sure on that one. But it''s awesome to see them through the ages, and watch as my dad''s hair got whiter and whiter...

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
the boudoir pics would fit into the traditional gifts (being paper and all)!
we are planning to go through the traditional gift list too. i''m thinking of giving tickets, as mentioned above.

and we''ve also been buying one nice christmas ornament each year that represents something unique about that year to us. so i got an los angeles ornament for our first year in la. a white "love" ornament for our wedding year, etc.

it''s a nice way to build a personal ornament collection over the years. :)

sorry i offered no new ideas. hah! just my 2cents on the ideas already mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results