shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanite Ring

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone,
I'm new today! I have been "lurking" on this forum for a little while and thought I'd join you now! I just bought a beautiful 3.98 carat tanzanite with .42 carat diamonds ring and wanted to share it with a group of people who understand my love of stones. Tanzanite is my absolute favorite. I am a few weeks away from earning my AJP certification via the GIA and will be continuing on in the GG program.

TanzaniteTop.jpg

TanzaniteSideView2.jpg

TanzaniteSideView.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tanzigrrl said:
Hello Everyone,
I'm new today! I have been "lurking" on this forum for a little while and thought I'd join you now! I just bought a beautiful 3.98 carat tanzanite with .42 carat diamonds ring and wanted to share it with a group of people who understand my love of stones. Tanzanite is my absolute favorite. I am a few weeks away from earning my AJP certification via the GIA and will be continuing on in the GG program.

Hi there welcome :wavey:

That's a Gorgeous ring! Such pretty color and setting. Do wear it with care as tanzanites are rather "fragile"!

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
That ring is very beautiful congratulations!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely color!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tanzi! Very pretty ring and welcome!

Laura

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh la la! Beautiful ring :appl:

Would you share who set the stone?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
That is lovely. I've not seen a tanzanite as pretty as that before.
Your professionalism is showing!
Also, I really like the setting because of how open it is. I would much rather look at that beautiful stone than look at filigree.
Plus, it looks like it will be easy to keep clean.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting (especially the open profile) and lovely rich blue colour.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
RUN, Tanzigrrl, RUN! If you spend time on PS, it will change you:

You'll start posting, and replying, and reading, and then . . .

Three months from now, you'll be looking for a tourmaline with a high chrome content or a spinel with fluorescence.

You'll know how to spell "fluorescence".

People will look at you wide-eyed when you discuss the virtues of various mines for different types of sapphires.

Jewelry store employees will duck into the back of the store when they see you coming.

You will be . . . one of us. :o

Just kidding, welcome to the forum. :wavey:

Nice ring, BTW.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so gorgeous :love: :love: :love:
The color is amazing and I love the setting, love the profile! Oh, and it looks beautiful on your hand!
Can you post more pictures :cheeky:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That's gorgeous! Tanzanite is my favorite gemstone too, but I don't have anything nearly as pretty as that.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
iLander said:

Three months from now, you'll be looking for a tourmaline with a high chrome content or a spinel with fluorescence.

People will look at you wide-eyed when you discuss the virtues of various mines for different types of sapphires.

Jewelry store employees will duck into the back of the store when they see you coming.

Nice ring, BTW.

Nono she's right. I came here as a neuromuscular therapist with an ametrine. 1 yr and thousands later I am almost a GG and have a whole glass cabinet full of rocks...
These people are a bad influance! :evil: :twisted:
Lol @ the store employees hiding. That is so true. I am sure I bug the crap out of sales people with my "questions".

Very pretty tanzie btw. It has nice color.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty indeed and I'm another who likes the open profile! Enjoy wearing it.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Tanzi! :wavey:

Your ring is amazing!!!!

Lori

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I have never seen such a beautiful color, it is very rich. Really nice setting as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color stone and ring. Take good care of it as tanzanite is very soft and never put it in an ultrasonic cleaner. Good luck on your studies.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Tanzigrrl!

Your ring is gorgeous. Your stone has such a rich blue color, and the setting is just perfect for it.

More pics please! :cheeky:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful color! And welcome. Tanzies are one of my favorites too, along with about 20 others I've grown to love since joining this bunch of addicts like myself.

--- Laurie

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I too, am I sucker for tanzanite. I got my first piece of tanzanite 9 years ago when my son was born. I usually post on the Royal Jewels part of Pricescope...I cannot understand why royals haven't discovered tanzanite yet!!! My tanzanite ring was soon followed by a necklace, earrings, and bracelet. I call it my tanzanite demi-parure. It would be a complete parure if I had a tanzanite tiara to go with it! :D

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!

i'll take three :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all of you for being so welcoming! I am delighted to have joined this forum. I appreciate all of the feedback. Let's see if I can answer a few questions you posted. This is the best tanzanite I have come across. I've had 2 appraisals done on the stone and both concur that it is a 3.96 carat "vB 6/5". I'm very excited. I also have a 2.05 round tanzanite that I had set into a pendant earlier this year, but the stone isn't the quality that my ring is. It is a wonderful stone though and, since it was my first tanzanite, it's extra special to me. Also, I treat my ring as though it is talc, :tongue: so I'm definitely being super careful with it. Tanzanites set into rings do make me rather nervous. This one was set by the Kimberley Diamond Company of NYC. http://www.kimberleydiamond.com/
I don't mind if I get "really into" this forum. My husband might, but I sure don't mind. I'm definitely into tanzanite, but I am looking to get a sphene someday, as well. I want a cleftless heart cut, about 4 carats and I'll have it bezel set into a pendant with some small diamonds in a "station" chain. At any rate, my gem collecting hobby started 6-10 years ago and shows no signs of slowing down, hence the need for GIA school. If I'm going to do this, I want to do it well! Thanks again and I'll see you all on the board!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl said:
Thanks to all of you for being so welcoming! I am delighted to have joined this forum. I appreciate all of the feedback. Let's see if I can answer a few questions you posted. This is the best tanzanite I have come across. I've had 2 appraisals done on the stone and both concur that it is a 3.96 carat "vB 6/5". I'm very excited. I also have a 2.05 round tanzanite that I had set into a pendant earlier this year, but the stone isn't the quality that my ring is. It is a wonderful stone though and, since it was my first tanzanite, it's extra special to me. Also, I treat my ring as though it is talc, :tongue: so I'm definitely being super careful with it. Tanzanites set into rings do make me rather nervous. This one was set by the Kimberley Diamond Company of NYC. http://www.kimberleydiamond.com/
I don't mind if I get "really into" this forum. My husband might, but I sure don't mind. I'm definitely into tanzanite, but I am looking to get a sphene someday, as well. I want a cleftless heart cut, about 4 carats and I'll have it bezel set into a pendant with some small diamonds in a "station" chain. At any rate, my gem collecting hobby started 6-10 years ago and shows no signs of slowing down, hence the need for GIA school. If I'm going to do this, I want to do it well! Thanks again and I'll see you all on the board!

Crikey you're brave. Bezel setting a Sphene needs skill - as I'm sure you know, you only have to look at Sphene the wrong way and it chips!!! I love sphene and bought a rather large cushion cut recently and it lights up like a lime green Christmas tree! Would love to see it when you get your dream one!

wenwen1111

Rough_Rock
my first thought: wow that looks awesomely expensive!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander said:

Nice ring, BTW.

Here is how it happens:

You lurk for a while just to see what is around;
You come out of obscurity with an innocent question;
You see their stones; you get jealous;
Sooner or later you start browsing popular websites; at this point, you can still turn back and run;
Then you get on the mailing list and get sales notifications; that's when you get hooked but you still do not know it;
You develop cravings for red, orange, green, blue and padparacha
Your friends start avoiding you because every conversation ends up with discussing the virtues of various mines...
You start worshipping SPINELS
You learn how to find good prices and bargain on the EBAY
At this point, you try to stop and it works for a couple of days... then you get into PS again and here is TL showing her new buy or Chrono, or LD with their stones newly set... and you realize that you can not stop... you are hooked
You try to save some money and invest into one stone but you develop withdrawals...
Your own jewelers are hating you now.

So... WELCOME! And your ring is beautiful!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oooh that's beautiful! What an amazing blue, and I love the setting. Welcome to PS Tanzigrrl, and congratulations on going for your GG!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Very Nice!!! :love: :love: :love:

Tanzigirl, you and I would either get along great or be fighting over every tanzanite we see! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results