shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanite anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sence I talk about my tanzanite collection, wanted to show a pic of it. I AM looking for a larger stone to put in it....if anyone has any recommendations. Prolly 2-3cts.

I have a couple AAA stones in here. Trillion in the middle, and the oval on the top are AAA (both have no window). A 1ct AA and a 1.2ct AA is in there also. They are much brighter and brilliant in llife....I hate the pics I took but I couldnt get one to actually show the true stone colors. Some of them look yellow in the picture...and I cant figure out why....they are actually lighter blue or blue/green. Again, the crappy camera!

Have about 20cts of smaller (less then .3cts) stones, bit they are a pain in the butt to get in and out of the jars w/o loosing one.

I also like the 'exotic' colors. I have a few that are mix green/blue/purple, a pink, and a mint green tanzanite/zoisite.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Might help if I add the pic eh?

KSG77466.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A different angle...trying to get rid of glare.

So if anyone knows of a good 2-3ct tanzie for a good price...please share!

KSG00098.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A very interesting collection - we usually only see the blues around here.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tropic,
A, AA and AAA really have no meaning except to the seller because there is no generally agreed upon standard; they are set by individual jewellers and vendors. I do like that you have a variety of zoisite colours.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 2:01:47 AM
Author: ma re
A very interesting collection - we usually only see the blues around here.
Slap your legs Mr Ma Re!!! You''ve seen my pinks, greens and yellows!!!

Tropic - I agree with Chrono about the grading. It''s unfortunate and I think there was a move to address it but it''s pretty meaningless. I tend to stick to trusted sellers and as ever, use my eyes!
9.gif

Can you take some pictures on a white background as the black is soaking up some of the colour - especially of your coloured pieces? I''d love to see them.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 9:38:44 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Slap your legs Mr Ma Re!!! You''ve seen my pinks, greens and yellows!!!
Well I said "usually", not "always"
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 9:38:44 A
Can you take some pictures on a white background as the black is soaking up some of the colour - especially of your coloured pieces? I''d love to see them.

Ditto! I''d love to be able to appreciate the colors more clearly!

I only have one tanzanite (the one in my avatar), which I thought was cool because it was an unheated blue-violet. It''s actually my largest stone at 2.7cts, haha, I sent it away to be set immediately so that I don''t succumb to CSSS (Colored stone shrinkage syndrome).

Dana has a tanzanite for sale right now that has a small inclusion, but a lovely color for 600$, about 2.4 cts. I don''t know what price range you were looking for though.

http://mastercutgems.com/preview.php?cat=284&id=5745

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well thats the best I could get at 11pm at night! LOL. The white background with my lights made everything yellow. So black was the only way I could get them to look remotely blue. Just set them in indirect sinlight on white background. Even added my smaller stones. Again, the mint green ones are looking yellowish in the picture....the 2 trillions to the right. Oh well...

KST99876.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Close up...I like to be against the grain and collect the less common colors. Even though the 'market' doesnt find these colors desirable, I think they are prettier then the blues!

KSt66788.JPG

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 10:10:03 AM
Author: Tropicgal10
Well thats the best I could get at 11pm at night! LOL. Just set them in indirect sinlight on white background. Even added my smaller stones. Again, the mint green ones are looking yellowish in the picture....the 2 trillions to the right. Oh well...
YUUUUUUUUUM!!!
30.gif
30.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 10:12:42 AM
Author: Tropicgal10
Close up...I like to be against the grain and collect the less common colors. Even though the ''market'' doesnt find these colors desirable, I think they are prettier then the blues!
oh i love it!!! great collection

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a couple more comming too, I will show you those when I get them. A bi colored (green and blue) 1ct, a nice blue 2.5ct I just found, and a light-med blue 1.3ct.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results