shape
carat
color
clarity

Talladega Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all!

DH will be turning 30 in April, and I''d love to take him on a NASCAR trip. He''s always wanted to go to Talladega. So, has anyone been to (or know anyone) who''s gone to the race there?

Anyone know of any good hotels in the area, preferably within a shuttle or short cab ride of the raceway? Restaurants? Airport?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 10:46:06 PM
Author:somethingshiny
Hello, all!

DH will be turning 30 in April, and I''d love to take him on a NASCAR trip. He''s always wanted to go to Talladega. So, has anyone been to (or know anyone) who''s gone to the race there?

Anyone know of any good hotels in the area, preferably within a shuttle or short cab ride of the raceway? Restaurants? Airport?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

OMG, it''s so horrible. Talladega is like redneck country dear. Also, get seats as far AWAY from the track as possible. It you don''t you''re going to have be covered in tire specks from the race track.

I think there is an airport within the city limits of Talladega, but it''s not like a real airport. If you''re going to fly in Birmingham is going to be your best bet. And then it''s probably like at least an hour from Birmingham to the Superspeedway. We usually fly Delta so we normally fly into and from Atlanta.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I took my husband to Indy for the Brickyard two summers ago. I had more fun that I expected.

It ended up being an expensive weekend though with the hotel prices high for the race. We stayed very close to the Indianapolis airport and the hotel had a shuttle to the airport and then the airport has many shuttles to the racetrack. It was very convenient. Everyone warned me about the horrible traffic mess in Indy, but the shuttles worked out perfectly for us.

We stayed at the Adam''s Mark hotel.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Penn~

You''re so funny!!! Don''t you know I AM a redneck!!! My dad whittles his teeth with a dremel, has actually picked up roadkill, always wears flannel (even in the summer, he just rips the sleeves off-it looks cute with his daisy-duke shorts!), among many other unattractive things. DH and I have always enjoyed mudding (on four-wheelers and with the 4-wheel drive.) One of our first dates, he had to join me in butchering. It was hunting season and I had to help. Although, admittedly, NASCAR is not my idea of the world''s greatest sport. (I prefer rodeo)

Thanks for the heads-up on the airport. I think we''ll have to fly into Birmingham and stay near the airport. I wonder, would it be more cost-effective to rent a car or is there some sort of shuttle or public transport through that area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results