shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking a look/ Worth the trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vipersilver

Rough_Rock
I have found a princess cut diamond that looks to be a winner BUT. I want to know if this is a diamond that those professionals out there would consider. I found this diamond at a local B&M store simply because I do not have time to order off of the net based only off numbers, and run the risk of sending back and so on. The only thing I am concerned about is that the diamond will look too small for carat weight face up (Because of girdle, dimensions). But all of the numbers from the numbers I do this stone looks promising. I have not seen the diamond it is 100 miles away. From the numbers is it worth looking at for the price? What are your opinions.

Princess cut (GIA CERT.)
Carat 1.04
Color G
Clarity VS2
Table 68%
Depth 71.9%
Polish VG
Symmetry G
Girdle Med-VThk
Flouresence None
Cutlet No
5.52x5.51

vipersilver

Rough_Rock
Sorry, The price is 4870.00. For this diamond.

vipersilver

Rough_Rock
HELP! I need your opinions. THANKS

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2005 8:27:09 PM
Author:vipersilver

I found this diamond at a local B&M store simply because I do not have time to order off of the net based only off numbers, and run the risk of sending back and so on.

I have not seen the diamond it is 100 miles away. From the numbers is it worth looking at for the price?
If you have not seen the diamond and have just those numbers to rely on, how is this different from buying online ?

If you do not have a choice of stones or some other way to rank this one against others... it is still "buying blind". Online or off, it remains up to you to know what to look for, IMO.

You can check if this is large enough for the weight comparing with other princess cuts - there are hundreds listed here with the same set of numbers. 1 carat princesses run from 5.3 to 5.7mm or so. Most are like your - about 5.5mm, so the size sounds all right. Princess cut diamonds are not particularly large for the weight compared with other shapes - rounds are always larger (1 carat round would be about 6.5mm - allot larger visually). But this is expected from princess cuts, and it is one reason why they are less expensive per carat than rounds are.

From the numbers I can't tell if this is as brilliant as they get or not quite. If numbers can help with that, I am not sure how. There is a new ideal cut standard for princess cuts by AGS, but it doesn't seem straightforward to use it "bootleg". There are several threads about AGS0 princess cuts around here if this sounds interesting at all.

Otherwise, some shops provide pictures and use different cut grading tools to rank diamonds for their brilliance. Even that sounds better than buying sight unseen.

Hope some of this helps
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results