shape
carat
color
clarity

Take Me Off Too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elephant

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

Take me off the list! Engagement Watch 2005 is officially over!! My bf proposed and of course I''m thrilled! Angelina and I are engagement date twins!! The story. Hmmm, well, it was sort of a comedy of errors. First, he was planning to propose on Fri., but he''s in the middle of moving and trying to rent his house out, so that didn''t work out. Then, Sat., we tried to go to the Broadmoor which is a fantastic resort right by his house for dinner, but that didn''t work out so well because of people coming to look at the house -- finally, we went with the old standby -- the Melting Pot. He actually proposed in the car (how romantic
emcrook.gif
), and I told him he would have to do it properly when we got home!!! And, of course, he did and it was really sweet! And when he left the next morning to drive to his new place in Ithaca, NY (from CO Springs, CO), he said, "thank you so much for saying yes."
emteeth.gif

I am so thrilled to be spending the rest of my life with this man. Maybe some of you aren''t religious, and that''s ok bc this also speaks to the power of intention, but after a string of bad luck in the romance department, I wrote down all the characteristics of the person I wanted to marry. And I said, "Dear God, I''m not really interested in these stupid relationships, here is a list of things I would like in the person I marry, oh, and p.s. -- if he could be ivy league educated, I would be really impressed!"
emwink.gif
I was half kidding, but anyway, then I met Ben. He fulfilled 90% of my characteristics on my list (he could be a LITTLE more romantic, but that''s ok!) and then, he decided he was going to grad school for his MBA -- he ended up getting into Cornell (ivy league)!!! And then, I said, "ok, God, here''s the deal, I want to marry this man, and I need a sign, because I''m super nervous that he doesn''t feel the same way." Well, a few weeks later, I was doing laundry (and I''ll admit, I was keeping my eyes peeled for signs of engagement progress) and in one of his drawers was his mom''s engagement ring and it was the EXACT style that I had picked out a few weeks before that in a jewelry store. It wasn''t the ring I ended up getting as HE actually didn''t like the style of the ring and he wanted something a little bigger, but, I really felt like it was meant to be at that point!

Anyway, on to the goods! The ring is a 1.51, Ideal cut, HCA 1.2 (or 1.3 I can''t remember), J in color, but it looks icy white and a VS1. It''s beautiful. I''ve had all sorts of strangers come up to me to compliment me on how pretty the stone is. I just love it. Oh, and it''s in a WF Tiffany Setting. I will post pics as soon as I a) take them and b) figure out how to post them!!! It probably won''t be for a while because we''re going back to his hometown to surprise his family with the news!

Yay! I''m so excited! I really appreciate all the help and support you ladies (and gents :) ) have given me and each other over the past few months! I think I would have driven my bf (now FIANCE!) Crazy if not for you all!! Thanks again!
emteeth.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Elephant! That is so exciting
9.gif

I think it is the sweetest thing that he thanked you for saying yes!

Will you be able to get us some ring pictures?? Hope so!!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!! wishing you all the best and im sure ur ring looks amazing...please post some pics as soon as u can!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Whooohooo. Way to go Elephant!
CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful engagement. I am so happy for you and your new fiance.
Wishing you all the best together.
Wear your ring in good health.
I am very excited for you to share it to your families.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
congrats elephant
36.gif
(pictures?!?!
2.gif
)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I can''t wait to see handpics!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay, elephant! Congrats on your engagement! Isn''t it wonderful when things just come together & fall into place? It makes it feel like it was meant to be...
9.gif

LOL about the request for a 2nd proposal! My FI proposed for the 1st time at a petting zoo (aah, the romance of llamas...), but proposed again on the beach that same evening. Much more romantic!
2.gif
That''s SO sweet that he thanked you for saying yes!

I can''t wait to see pix of your ring. It sounds lovely! Congrats again!!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Elephant! Isn''t wonderful when the Lord answers our prayers so quickly? Congrat it sounds like you have a wonderful 70-85 years ahead of you married to a very sweet man. I just love that he said thank you to you for saying yes! What an angel! Oh and your ring sounds very very lovely!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
oh, and p.s. -- if he could be ivy league educated, I would be really impressed!''
emwink.gif
you crack me up!!!!

36.gif
Congratulations Elephant
36.gif

Sounds like you''re about to get everything you always wanted

ps - being romantic can be learned
2.gif

elephant

Shiny_Rock
This is the ring....

Ring81055018.jpg

elephant

Shiny_Rock
Ignore my sausage fingers -- I''d like to say that it''s because it''s the morning, but really, it''s probably just that I have chubby fingers!
emcrook.gif

hand shot81052018.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Elephant -- its beautiful and classic
9.gif
!! I''m sure you can''t take your eyes off of it today
3.gif
Congrats again!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh Elephant,

It''s beautiful! Congrats on your engagement, and enjoy your gorgeous ring
36.gif
36.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Elephant: Congratulations on your engagement. You asked and you received, you are very fortunate! And your ring is gorgeous!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You ring is fantastic and I might I add that your nails are looking quite nice too! Congrat again on your engagement!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Praise God for sending you the perfect mate- blessings to you both! A gorgeous and classic ring!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Elephant!!!
36.gif
How absolutely precious that he said thank you - what an amazing guy!! I wish you many years of happiness and blessings!! The ring looks beautiful - you''ll have to add that to the "J" thread - it looks so beautiful & white!

I had a similar prayer after too many heartbreaks & too much drama - God has been very faithful in my life!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
elephant- your ring is just stunning and classic! not to mention that boy you have sounds like such a sweetie. congrats again
36.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! And what a gorgeous, classic ring. Lovely!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Elephant!
36.gif
The ring is a classic beauty.
30.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that story is too cute!!! Many congrats and enjoy your gorgeous ring!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results