shape
carat
color
clarity

Takahashi Purchase Experience

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Let me start by saying I'm super annoyed with all of you for having such beautiful pearls and making me want some! :lol-2:

I contacted Takahashi a few weeks ago for a pearl necklace after searching their IG page. What a freaking rabbit hole! My conversation started with me wanting a pastel five-pearl necklace. It then went on to "please add a matching ring. And the grape pendant. And the cute pig. And a strand. And some Akoya earrings. And a pair of GSS earrings. That's it. I promise." :lol-2:

They have to be the nicest, most accommodating company! If I could afford to, I'd buy something every day!

Here are the items on their way. The strand is AAA 8-8.5mm, 22", pink overtones. GSS earrings are 10mm, and Akoya earrings are 7-7.5mm. I needed the smaller earrings, but completely forgot to get larger ones during the shopping madness. I'll get them later after I recover from this.
They were stuck in customs over the weekend because I had to complete an import form. They should arrive tomorrow. Silly, but I'm most excited about the pig.
PearlJewelry2.jpg PearlJewelry.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2: The Takahashi Effect!!
I mean, you've got to make the shipping worth it - amortizing that fixed cost across numerous items makes good sense...

Wow you've got a load o' loot there!! That strand looks amazing :love: And the multicolour akoya pieces!! And the pig is darling :bigsmile:

I'll get them later after I recover from this.
Dying. Sorry. Yeah that happens quicker than you think. The Takahashi Effect is real. :lol:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
omg
omg
omg
omg

It's like the pearl jackpot! like the pearl treasure chest has been opened!
I am so jealous!

What do you think about the luster of the AAA strand? How do you feel about the GSS?? I want both of those! omg so gorgeous!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Let me start by saying I'm super annoyed with all of you for having such beautiful pearls and making me want some! :lol-2:

I contacted Takahashi a few weeks ago for a pearl necklace after searching their IG page. What a freaking rabbit hole! My conversation started with me wanting a pastel five-pearl necklace. It then went on to "please add a matching ring. And the grape pendant. And the cute pig. And a strand. And some Akoya earrings. And a pair of GSS earrings. That's it. I promise." :lol-2:

They have to be the nicest, most accommodating company! If I could afford to, I'd buy something every day!

Here are the items on their way. The strand is AAA 8-8.5mm, 22", pink overtones. GSS earrings are 10mm, and Akoya earrings are 7-7.5mm. I needed the smaller earrings, but completely forgot to get larger ones during the shopping madness. I'll get them later after I recover from this.
They were stuck in customs over the weekend because I had to complete an import form. They should arrive tomorrow. Silly, but I'm most excited about the pig.
PearlJewelry2.jpg PearlJewelry.jpg

And not to be terribly rude, but would you mind sharing a price-point for the GSS and AAA Akoyas? If not, that's okay! I seriously want to order from Takahashi but don't have the funds right now, and I hate bothering Yy about prices constantly when I'm not ready to buy at that exact moment.. but I want to get an idea so I can start saving up :)

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
So fabulous!! What a fun package to get!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lolll I also got bitten by the Takahashi bug and have 2 orders on their way (silly me, didn't think carefully enough when ordering the first one, so ordered something else less than 1 month later). Can't wait to see pics!

ittypea

Rough_Rock
What a successful purchase! I love the idea of the 22" length, I bet it's beautiful!!! Can't wait to see more pictures once your package gets there!!!

And yes, the pig, just how cute can it be?!! Now I want a pearl figurine too, maybe a little natural white akoya snowman :halo:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where do you see all the Takahashi offerings? I’m following them on IG and FB but never see very much for sale.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Where do you see all the Takahashi offerings? I’m following them on IG and FB but never see very much for sale.

It’s Takahashi pearl co ltd, a second account of theirs.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve admired the cuteness of that pig before. If they had a cat, it would be mine! These will be quite some unboxing pictures :appl:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve admired the cuteness of that pig before. If they had a cat, it would be mine! These will be quite some unboxing pictures :appl:

Not the same style but check out the post 13th from the first post (ie at the bottom of the feed).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the pig and the birds and thought they are very cute!

I am not ready yet, however, hopefully, soon, I shall be able to contact them and ask if they could find me a pair each of well-matched drop shaped Tahitians and WSSs that I can mix and match as interchangeable drops for earrings.

I appreciate it may not be an easy thing to do as finding a pair of well-matched Tahitians or WSSs are difficult enough, let alone being able to mix as in one each in Tahitian and WSS as drop earrings.

However, I can wait until the right ones come along.

DK :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they charge $100 (or whatever it was) no matter what the order total?
Yup. $110 for Fedex right now to the US (no matter what your order total is).
They do have a cheaper shipping option, I believe it's $35 to the US? Something around there.
Their FedEx shipments are fully insured against theft/loss/damage. The cheaper shipping option is not, so you (customer) would be taking full liability.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, what an amazing package you have coming!!! The strand is gorgeous. I saw that pastel necklace and ring on Insta - so pretty! Love the pig and the cute bird they have, too.

I am also joining the Takahashi club! (I guess @yssie is our president. :lol:) I paid my invoice yesterday and I'm now excitedly waiting. I was tempted to add on an extra piece or three, but I'm already spending plenty enough to justify shipping. :)

I look forward to seeing more about your pieces when they arrive!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, what an amazing package you have coming!!! The strand is gorgeous. I saw that pastel necklace and ring on Insta - so pretty! Love the pig and the cute bird they have, too.

I am also joining the Takahashi club! (I guess @yssie is our president. :lol:) I paid my invoice yesterday and I'm now excitedly waiting. I was tempted to add on an extra piece or three, but I'm already spending plenty enough to justify shipping. :)

I look forward to seeing more about your pieces when they arrive!
Ooo what did you get?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ack! FedEx never came today! It still shows as arriving "end of day" today but that's not happening. The last update was in Oakland, CA on Monday. I am NO a happy girl! Going to have to call FedEx in the morning. :x2 It better not come while I'm getting my nails done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results