shape
carat
color
clarity

Tahitian Pearls Styling

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I have had Tahitian pearls on my mind a lot lately. Thinking about what to wear them with and how to accessorize. What will enhance their shape, color and texture? I think we all would agree Tahitian pearls are very versatile and can be worn with most anything. A thread on styling suggestions, color, and personal styling photo looks could be interesting and inspiring for all of us. Here are accessories suggestions I am obsessing over and would love to add to my Tahitian look.

4335_1_.jpg

Pearl Paradise Loose Baroque

images_21.jpg

Tory Burch

img-thing_1.jpg

Jeffery Campbell

kate-spade-orchard-street-rae-handbag.jpg

Kate Spade

img-thing_2.jpg

Jeffery Campbell

eqzoom85_0.jpg

BCBG

images_22.jpg

Jimmy Choo

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, beautiful colour choices. Those shoes are gorgeous, but they make my feet cringe in sympathy! (I am wimpy when it comes to heels).

I have to admit that I haven't thought about choosing outfits or accessories to go with my pearls, but rather which pearls go with which outfits. Clearly I am going to have to give this some more thought! (And but some Aubergine overtone pearls as those burgundy tones are TDF).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh. When it comes to shoes I'm like Cinderella's stepsisters. [Looks down at big (broad) feet in shame...] So no sexy heels for me I'm afraid. :(sad

Plus cos I'm a wimp with heavy leather handbags AND I'm also lazy to change bags, I used to perpetually carry my beloved Bottega hobo. When I go back to work, I'm guessing it'll be my Lily Jade diaper bag. Very unglam. :cheeky:

Like Cmd, I choose pearls that go with the outfit I'm wearing and not the other way round... That said, I tend to be in black most of the time... So I find that the pearls I wear tends to depend a lot on the neckline of the outfit. There was a styling pic I found useful re necklines. I'll dig around and see if I find it.

Love your choices tho, and of course that wonderful pearl. Any chance you'll model them for us? :appl:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1410142799|3746762 said:
Oh gosh. When it comes to shoes I'm like Cinderella's stepsisters. [Looks down at big (broad) feet in shame...] So no sexy heels for me I'm afraid. :(sad

Plus cos I'm a wimp with heavy leather handbags AND I'm also lazy to change bags, I used to perpetually carry my beloved Bottega hobo. When I go back to work, I'm guessing it'll be my Lily Jade diaper bag. Very unglam. :cheeky:

Like Cmd, I choose pearls that go with the outfit I'm wearing and not the other way round... That said, I tend to be in black most of the time... So I find that the pearls I wear tends to depend a lot on the neckline of the outfit. There was a styling pic I found useful re necklines. I'll dig around and see if I find it.

Love your choices tho, and of course that wonderful pearl. Any chance you'll model them for us? :appl:

OH I am a ballet shoe girl 60 percent of the time and heels well I try, cmd and icy, and I am in black most of the time too. I am trying to think out of the box, change it up, do something different and the tahitians have helped. Maybe the thread is no good…I wish that was my loose pearl, it is so fabulous!!! If the owner of that pearl declines, please let me know. :cheeky:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hope this helps!

image_2304.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I like this chart, very good.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1410143630|3746774 said:
Maybe the thread is no good…

No, I think it's brilliant! I've just tended to think in the opposite direction before now. Now I'm thinking of Aubergine strands (strand 331 maybe) and rich green and burgundy accents to go with my staple wardrobe of black suits. If only I wasn't overstretched. My "great deal" special pearls have added up with setting costs. Probably totally intentional on PP's part! :shhh:

So in the meantime I will need to think of blues and blue-green accents to highlight my existing strands.

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
Icy Jade, that's a great chart! I usually look for pearls that go with my outfit, also. But,lately, I've started to look at clothing items and say "hmmmmm, that would go with my Tahitians", so Frost Me, I think this is a good thread! I'll have to shopping to see what I can find!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Summer is ending and fall begins. The recent PP model styled in the fuchsia blooming dress was so pretty and inspiring, to get the look I mixed a summer bright with warmer tone accessories and Tahitians.

1tahitian-1024x683_1.jpg
Pearl Paradise Model 2014

img_5865_0.jpg
Mapo's Lovely Double Strand Paired Pearls - Hope you don't mind me using your photo.

8281143_fpx.jpg
Sam Edelman

img_3928.jpg
images_23.jpg
Croped Pants or Pencil Skirt - My Photo

images_24.jpg
River Island Classic White Shirt

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
What a fun thread :) My daughter (a well accomplished young career woman with a pocket full of degrees and 2 organic gardens, a husband and a 7 year old boy) once looked at me askance when we were shopping and said "So Mom, we buy our clothes now to match our jewelry?" ... I expect you all know my answer LOL. I'll receive my PP Sale Tahitian finished strands later this week (YIPPEE), and they are my first Tahitians, so have NO idea what I'll wear with them. My Blue Vietnamese Akoyas resulted in some new blue colors in my wardrobe as I rarely wore lighter blues ... and now that I've FINALLY gotten my Pink Color Change Metallic Drops Earrings and Necklace Ruckus Pearls BACK from wherever UPS took them for a week ... pinks are on my mind, and I "NEVER" wear pink ... Walter the husband is in hiding, after muttering "I didn't figure the cost of matching new clothes into the pearls budget ..." Have fun ladies; look forward to your great Tahitian styling ideas!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Frost Me, That's a great look! I don't mind you using my picture at all.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi|1410213489|3747245 said:
What a fun thread :) My daughter (a well accomplished young career woman with a pocket full of degrees and 2 organic gardens, a husband and a 7 year old boy) once looked at me askance when we were shopping and said "So Mom, we buy our clothes now to match our jewelry?" ... I expect you all know my answer LOL. I'll receive my PP Sale Tahitian finished strands later this week (YIPPEE), and they are my first Tahitians, so have NO idea what I'll wear with them. My Blue Vietnamese Akoyas resulted in some new blue colors in my wardrobe as I rarely wore lighter blues ... and now that I've FINALLY gotten my Pink Color Change Metallic Drops Earrings and Necklace Ruckus Pearls BACK from wherever UPS took them for a week ... pinks are on my mind, and I "NEVER" wear pink ... Walter the husband is in hiding, after muttering "I didn't figure the cost of matching new clothes into the pearls budget ..." Have fun ladies; look forward to your great Tahitian styling ideas!

My first Tahitians too!! CRDkeshi. Many Pearl Girls on this PS forum have many fabulous strands of different pearl types and colors to change with their wardrobe. I have two new green strands, (one is on the way) my only choice for pearls except faux. I feel green can be a challenging color for me, other than wearing them with black or white. Anyway, I am crazy about my green/peacocks and this has lead me out of my tiny comfort zone for color. I want to wear them everyday, and I am.

I hope this thread will encourage others to post their pics, styling ideas, in all the Tahitian Colors. I am loving the silvers and will be adding them soon. That has to be an easier color to style. I am looking forward to see your ideas too!

Thanks Mapo.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
This ad caught my attention in Town & Country Magazine.

img_5801.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Classic & classy! Thanks for posting!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have any guesses about the length and size of that strand?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014, I would guess 36" maybe a little more. I traveled this weekend to OKC, and had to sneak in BC Clark Jewelry Store, it has been around since the late 50's early 60's. I remember the vintage TV commercials at christmas with kids sledding through snow and jewelry. They have a fairly large Mikimoto area. But of course all the pearls were packed the vault to promote a gold gilt china display of dishes this weekend. I was really disappointed, I have never looked at Mikimoto Pearls upclose.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the 5th avenue store in NYC. The display cases were breathtaking....but so were the prices!

It's too bad they had dishes in your display cases. That must have been horribly disappointing.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I thought I would add to this thread. A recent outfit at a wedding....tahitians with a printed dress.

kiet_wedding_couple_pic.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great guide IcyJade !
And all the fashion photos are great ! Can't even begin to imagine the price of that Miki strand !

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful ideas for styling here. Now I just need a Tahitian strand... to then change all my wardrobe accordingly :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Re: Tahitian Pearls Styling-

cmd2014|1414585271|3774364 said:
Anyone have any guesses about the length and size of that strand?

The strand clears the model's bust line. How long a rope hangs is a function of a woman's height and bust size. Assuming the model is 5'-9" to 5'-11" and in the B/C range, I would guess the rope is about 40" long. I Am 5'-10.5" And larger than the model and my 37" rope hits me mid-bust. I would need about 42" for that look, while a woman of average height might achieve it with 35-36".

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think it was Bsomlo who posted a pic somewhere awhile back, of nail polish that matched Tahitian pearls. It was a dark, wild color with overtones, really neat! But now I can't find it. :(

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Mapo, loving your DH and that dress, your tahitian roping so pretty! :love:

seaurchin I have scoped out a few polishes myself, but have not tried. Chanel Black Pearl is very hot at the moment! I have read Revlon has a similar version "Emerald City" . I like some of the iridescent polishes, but some go really drab not pretty. OPI Movin' Out is a color shift. Hard to find I might add. Just a few suggestions.

Chanel & Revlon

chre6.jpg

OPI Movin' Out

p1020525.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I received an email from PP. The November special is a Tahitian w/ diamond pendant.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1415213942|3778098 said:
I received an email from PP. The November special is a Tahitian w/ diamond pendant.

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy am I glad that I jumped on the 20% off sale, or I'd be kicking myself!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Seaurchin, The thread was on PG "Matching Nail Polish to Tahitians" January 19, 2014.

BAS suggested, OPI Peace and love

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
A similar polish to OPI's is Essie's "For the Twill of It". I have Majorica baroque pearl earrings (which will have to do until I can afford 14mm Tahitians!) and the Essie matches the faux pearls perfectly.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun thread! I just ordered a pair of tahitian drops to wear as earring charms...I too couldn't pass up the 20% sale.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, please post pictures, will the charms slide on hoop earrings?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results