color
clarity

Tahitian Pearl Vendor - Please vpte

Tahitian Pearl Vendor that you had good purchase experience

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kobido

Rough_Rock
Hi! I love tahitian pearls and planning to buy soon. I have read many posts at PS about the buying experiences with tahitian pearls. I just thought of making a poll on which vendor you had a good experience with.

If you would like to explain your vote then that would be awesome, too.

Thank you very much!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I voted for vendors from whom I have bought pearls, all spectacular people to buy from, but the only Tahitians I have bought are from Kamoka, and they are wonderful pearls and environmentally sound. Good photos and communication.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my Tahitians from Kamoka. They are gorgeous pearls, family run with great customer service and I get a kick out of hearing from the divers.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
I've bought tahitian necklaces from both Takahashi and Yokota Pearls (Ebay vendor but if you contact directly they will sell for 30%+ discount to EBAY listed prices). Both are very good, direct Japanese vendors. However, I bought them in person at their locations and could see the pearls on the neck of my Fiancee.

With all that said, for Tahitian Pearls, I would recommend you go with a vendor that has a 100% return policy. Tahitians can look VERY different in person from pictures and they change a lot depending on the light. It is also very hard to judge whether you will like a specific Tahitian color on your SKIN without trying it on, even if you like the way it looks in a picture.

For example, I saw some gorgeous blue-ish necklaces and green-ish necklaces that looked horrendous on the neck of my Fiancee. Even if you are going with a straight up darker color, it is very hard to judge what works best on your neck.

I would NOT be shy about using that 100% return policy until finding the color/type of Tahitian pearls that work best for you.

Example of two dark green Tahitians that I bought (Lighter one is PSL certified Lagoon and darker is PSL Phoenix since it had slightly more blemishes):

1690836674789.jpeg

Same lighter “dark green” tahitian in different light:
1690836820610.jpeg

Examples of different very very green Tahitian on neck that didn’t work:

1690836890218.jpeg

Last edited:

mamong

Rough_Rock

1690836890218.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Wow! From the picture I actually love as well the green strand on your fiancée. It suits very nicely her warm hair colour too

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost all my Tahitians are from CMW pearls which wasn’t in the poll. The large pendant is from kojima and the larger middle pearl in the bracelet is from
Yssie.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock

1690836890218.jpeg

Wow! From the picture I actually love as well the green strand on your fiancée. It suits very nicely her warm hair colour too
[/QUOTE]

It was more vibrant green in RL than shown in that picture actually. She was an instant NO :lol:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Kamoka is donating 50% of purchases to the wildfire victims this week, I bet other pearl vendors are as well, just in case anyone has been thinking of a purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results