shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori engagement ring - contact Tacori myself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fitzpme

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I recently got engaged over the holidays and my fiance presented me with a beautiful Tacori eternity engagement ring. He mentioned that the middle stone was set too high, that the jeweler said that Tacori sets them high on purpose, so I could tell him how low I wanted the diamond to sit. We brought the ring in and asked the middle diamond to be lowered just a touch, so it wouldn''t look like it was just suspended mid-air. Long story short - the jeweler did lower it, but he made it FLUSH to the band! So now the middle stone does not sit up nor can you see the bottom tip of the diamond (like most engagement rings). He said now he must contact Tacori to see if they can provide a new "box" for the diamond, but he is not getting back to us. My questions - is this sort of work expensive? Is there any way I can contact Tacori myself? I am pretty upset with the jeweler - I LOVE my ring, but I felt as if he didn''t listen at ALL to what we wanted. Any advice? Thanks so much!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Is the jewler trying to rectify this for you? Are they non responsive? Do they have your ring or do you?

If you are not happy, definately have it fixed. If I understand you correctly, your local jeweler did the work to "re-set" the diamond. Are they willing to fix it to your liking at no cost? Or did they want to charge you?

I''d continue to work with the jeweler until you are satisfied. If you are at a point where the jewler is non-responsive, then use the e-mail on the tacori website and explain your situation. I am sure that they can direct you to the right person to get this fixed. Since it sounds like the jewler was the one who messed up the setting -- it may cost you to have someone other than the jeweler fix it.

I have a tacori and I always read posts about the issues. It seems that Tacori always tries to do the right thing. So, I am sure, one way or another it will get fixed.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori is an excellent manufacturer and has been extremely responsive to any customer service needs that we have had. It sounds like the jeweler re-set the diamond deeper than discussed which is not the fault of Tacori... The jeweler should work with you to rectify the situation, however if the jeweler fails to resolve the issue in a reasonable period of time then contact Tacori directly.

fitzpme

Rough_Rock
Laney,
We have the same ring! Except my middle stone has been set down flush to the band. It just looks silly, I think. And yes, the jeweler is the person who did it, and now his suggestion is to send it back to Tacori, which in his words is going to be "very costly". Why should we have to pay for the mistake that he made! I am really annoyed at the whole situation. If need be, I will use the email to contact Tacori and see what they say. The jeweler was supposed to contact them for us, but we have yet to hear back from him after a few calls to him on our behalf.

Thank you both very much for your advice, its greatly appreciated!!!!
Megan

laney

Brilliant_Rock

Hello again,

I also had mine set lower than the "tacori" setting as well. I did not send my stone to tacori - but the jeweler did it while I waited.

It sounds like your jeweler is the one who didn''t meet your expecations, not Tacori. In the case of setting the stone I mean. If they set it too low - they need to rectify it with you.

Sure, it will be expensive if Tacori fixes it - as Tacori wasn''t the one who set it. There is probably no-way that they will do it for free, as they had no control over your local jeweler when he/she set the stone. I''m sure it has to go back to Tacori - as there is probably not enough "prong" to set it higher now.

Now, the real tough part. Who should pay?

How did you communicate with your jeweler regarding lowering the setting? I remember when I spoke to my jeweler -- he reccomended lowering it. I at first said no -- only because I really liked the high setting - we talked for a bit and we decided on "how low" it should be. I''m happy we did lower it after all - because it spins less on my finger.

What was your conversation like? Did you discuss with him/her how you wanted it to look after it was set?

If you were very specific about how it should be set - I think the jeweler should try to satisfy you. After all - this is NOT a cheap setting and you should be satisfied.

If they just "did it" then - maybe they should also try to work with you in getting it right.

If they ask you to pay for the entire re-working of the ring - I think you should try to negiotiate that. There is no doubt that there is going to be a cost associated. However - if it is exhorbanat - say $1000 for an already close t0 $4000 setting - I''d put my foot down. Maybe even walk away - get my stone and money back - and go elsewhere.

If it''s something like $300 and the jeweler is willing to split or take some of the costs - I''d try to stay and get it right.

They should be able to get a "cost" quickly for you. Maybe call and say you''ll "wait on hold" while they call their Tacori rep and get an estimate.

Only then, will you have all the information to move forward.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results