shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 2628 semi mount size issue!

TacoriLuv

Rough_Rock
Hi guys.... totally new to PS, but love all of your gorgeous rings and posts!

Here is my dilemma... My bf and I have planned to use an heirloom diamond from my grandfather. I do not have stats on it, although have always been told by family that it is "about a carat" and excellent quality.

My bf took me to Barmakian to get a sense of what I liked... I really could not find any setting to compete with the beauty of the Tacoris. The setting I settled on was the 2628RDP.... I adored the cadillac sides and the size was perfect for my 5.5 size finger. The sales woman at Barmakian said that YES my 1 carat would fit into the setting and she gave all of the specs/sku to my bf.

Being dilligent, my bf went to Barmakian ( a different store) and sent my diamond out to be put in that setting ( without my knowing....) It was only then, that by looking through PS posts and the Tacori website that I realzied the jeweler was wrong.... my stone was made for the "petite" version of the 2628...much less coverage and overall too petite for my taste. The jeweler NEVER mentioned that there are in fact 3 sizes for various diamond weights.... the one in the store that I saw and tried on and loved was for a 1.28 and above ( I think)...

Does anyone have this petite sized setting or know anything about this ring?? After speaking to my bf, he says that my diamond is actually closer to 1 and a quarter carats apparently.... so I am hoping for the larger mount. Will Tacori be able to measure and give me the exact size of my diamond? I have no paperwork on it....

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I personally am not overly familiar with Tacori pieces, but the jeweler you order the setting through will be able to measure your stone.

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
I have a Tacori in a petite setting and love it. It holds my 1.12 stone but I seem to remember them saying that it will accommodate up to a 1.25. Hope it can be worked out for you.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
The Tacori my boyfriend bought for my ERing came in different sizes as well. They make it for a 1.25 and 2.0. My center stone is 2.50 and they ended up making it to fit the diamonds size perfectly. I''m sure that if your diamond is closer to 1.25 then they were able to make the setting correctly without changing too much of the physical looks.

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
A 1ct modern round brilliant will usually measure within .2mm of 6.5mm... but an antique stone - old mine or old euro - could vary much more. So it''s more important that you know the mm diameter of your family diamond than the carat weight for the purpose of your tacori setting. In any event, Tacori designs 3 (or more!) size versions of any given ring setting in order to keep everything in proper proportion... halo size, side stones in relation to the center stone, etc.

If what you''re saying is "center diamond size, be damned!" then when you order your ring setting, I''m sure you can special order it for your proper mm center diamond, but with larger side stones than what would normally come for your ring version for your size center diamond (if in fact your stone measures smaller and would normally put you in the "petite" size category of that setting). Hopefully this is making some sense, LOL. Anyway, you''ll pay more $$$ for larger side diamonds, but if in the end you''re getting what you want, then it''s worth it in the long run.

Congrats, the 2628 is my absolute most favorite Tacori setting and I would reset my diamond into it any day of the week and twice on Sundays
25.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results