shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 18K wg already turning yellow after a few months!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr. Eric

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to complain about my the Tacori ring that I recently bought! My fiance has now been wearing her ring for only a few months and the white gold is already turing yellow as well as scratched up more than I thought that it would be for being such a new ring. I did tons of research on white gold and found out that Tacori uses pallidum for their white gold. I thought that this was supposed to stay white for a while! What is going on here?! Is this normal? The ring was no 50k ring, but it was not cheap!
29.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately white gold reacts differently with each persons skin. Some people''s body chemistry allows them to go months or even years without yellowing white gold, and for some people it can take just a few months. Sorry this is happening to you, but it sounds like your FI''s chemistry just doesn''t work with white gold...it''s not Tacori''s fault.

Mr. Eric

Shiny_Rock
I thought that this only happened with Nickel though.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as I know a plating is a plating no matter what it is. But I could be wrong. My understanding was that while palladium looks whiter initially than nickel (i.e., has a truer silver color) it will wear just like any other plating. But I''m not an expert, this is just what I think I remembered...

shanadee1977

Rough_Rock
I have an 18k white gold ring from Blue Nile that''s palladium plated and it turns yellowish after about 3 months of continual wear. Getting it replated isn''t too expensive though so I don''t mind. I am getting my wedding ring in white gold, but am using 14k (it''s harder I think) white gold this time around.

Mr. Eric

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I guess that I was wrong then. If I would have known this I may have paid the extra money and went with platinum. My jeweler with redip the ring for free at least. Thanks for the posts!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm, I''d like to know the answer to this too. I recently talked with WF about the using palladium alloy because I didn''t want it to yellow, and I was not corrected. However, maybe I wasn''t being clear. I wonder if gold is gold and would yellow regardless of alloy...I thought I read otherwise on PS though.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Some people''s body chemistry strips the plating sooner than others. I am one of those. My husband knows to not buy me white gold anymore because it turns greyish yellow quickly and I hate the upkeep so I only do platinum jewlery. That means I get less of the years because its more expensive but I would rather have less with no issue.

You are lucky though that the store does the replating for free. Thats a very useful thing. And I bet when you get it replated it won''t look so scratched either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results