shape
carat
color
clarity

Table/Depth Good in Princess - crown a little low???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ab1234

Rough_Rock
An article posted on this website https://www.pricescope.com/fancy.asp reads as follows:

"There will be those expert gemologists who tell you they have a certain fancy shape that has tremendous brilliancy, fire and scintillation that falls outside the fine shape grades I have provided. That may be very true and those stones must also be considered. I am not advocating that you make a purchase without looking, learning and understanding. The BrillianceScope, The Ideal-Scope or Firescope, the Sarin/DiamCalc program and others to come will demonstrate that high light return is possible in many unusual parameters, BUT most of these diamonds will have some detriment in the cut quality that is covered in the AGA Cut Class charts. Many will be overly deep and therefore not show enough of their diameter for the weight you are paying for. Some may have dangerously shallow crown heights or crown angles that might hurt their long term durability. Some will have an outline or length to width ratio that is difficult to accept."

I have not heard about the durability issue associated with lower crown heights, but would appreciate it if someone could elaborate a bit on this point.

Specifically, I am looking at a stone with the following specs:

[*]71% table,
[*]67% depth,
[*]39.0 pavilion angle
[*]59.1% pavilion depth
[*]28.3 crown angle
[*]6.8% crown depth

Is there a durability issue that I need to be aware of with this stone? Anything else I should look out for?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results