shape
carat
color
clarity

Ta Dah!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
So, my husband and I have been talking about getting another dog for a while now, and he''s always been less than thrilled by the idea, while we are living in the apartment (lease is up in Jan 2008). When he suggested last weekend that we go to the pet store, I thought nothing of it; we go all the time to get little trinkets for the furry ones in our family.

Anyway, I wouldn''t ever buy a pet from a pet store, but they sure are fun to look at!
9.gif

Who knew that one little detour on our date night would lead to his little heart caving for a little guy?

The restraunt where we ended up had a newspaper lying at the waiting area; so, of course, he had to flip through it. The only section he wasn''t looking in was the classified section. I picked it up, just for kicks while we waited to be seated.

Anyway, long story short, on Sunday morning before church we started talking about puppies and how long I''ve been wanting one and how long it''s been since he had one, and how another dog might be a real joy to FlipFlop, and miracle of miracles, he said I could call around and see if I found anyone with whom I felt comfortable, because I''m really not into puppy mills or mass breeding of dogs, just for the money. I like it when the person has a bond with the little ones, and handles them and plays with them, and helps them learn things before they go to their new home.

We found a woman not too far away who had a litter of chihuahuas, just what we''d been wanting, and she just seemed so nice and sweet and kind, and she seemed to have such a bond with her little mama doggie, so Paul said we could go look at them. "Just to look," he said.

I thought that was the truth, so we went to get an idea of the kind and temperment we''d like *some day.*

We weren''t there 5 minutes before Paul said, "I want that one. I really do." I thought he was kidding, but he wasn''t. We stayed over an hour, asking questions, getting a feel for the woman, for the mommy dog, all that kind of thing. We got to see the daddy, but only in pictures (he was a stud). So, eventually we leave.

As we enter the gate back to our complex, Paul says again how much that little dog (whom they had dubbed "Ta Dah," because he was always the first in the litter to come to attention when someone came to play with them) had *spoken to him.*

I smiled and we turned around, went to the store to get everything the little guy would like, picked up FlipFlop, and called the woman and asked if we could come get him that night. She just laughed and said she and her husband had a running bet about how long it was going to take before we called again.
9.gif

So, Sunday night we happily brought this little guy, Ta Dah!!, into our family.

Flip really likes him and has taken to being a "big sister" very well. It''s a happy addition, to say the least!!

TaDah!!.JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh, there''s a baby! I wanna snuggle him
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cute!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!! TOO CUTE!!!! Can we have more pics... pleasssseee
9.gif

Congrats on your new addition!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
oh what a precious lil angel!!! More pics please!!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
It seems this pillow is his favorite thing so far. He likes this little chew toy we got him that is shaped like a popsicle, too. It''s cute; the "stick" part is tiny little roped off knots. He goes nuts with it!

This is Big Sister (FlipFlop) sizing up her new little brother.

TaDah!!2.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Flip has always seemed so small to me; it''s funny how she seems to weigh a TON now. Yeah, all eleven pounds of her.
9.gif

We took the *family* on a trip to PetSmart last night. Flip got a new chew bone; Ta Dah!! got a little bitty collar (just for looks, of course) that says, "Bad to the Bone." His daddy picked it out. It is too funny, on an itty bitty one pound baby.

Does anyone out there have a chihuahua? Flip is part chi, but neither of us has ever had such a little bitty guy. Can you help us with figuring out what kind of chews are best for a baby? We got small rawhide chew sticks last night (the size of a straw) and he won''t touch them, like they are too hard.

Any ideas we can try?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute dogs!!!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww, Ta Dah is sooooo cute and so is Flip. Must have more pics!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! Soooooo cute!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww, FlipFlop is so darn cute, I feel an urge to hold him in the crook of my neck and never put him down! (Til he peed on me, that is, lol!)

Our Daisy (female lemon beagle) was tiny when I first brought her home, however, she immediately took to the "big dog"''s rawhide bones even though they were almost as big as she was. DH actually saws them into more manageable pieces with an electric saw, maybe you could try doing that? Also, you can soak them in water so they soften up a little...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an adorable little sweetie! Congratulations!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher he is TOO cute! I am sitting at my desk talking to his little picture! Good thing I am the only one here so far!! Please post more pics!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Today is his nine week birthday; I will take pictures, of course. It is a celebration!!

:)

The camera and computer are having issues with being friends with one another again, but I''ll work on it! :)

I''m so glad that he and Flip get along.

Sadness, though: a couple of weeks ago, we had my brother in law''s dog over, so we could babysit him. Um, he''s a BIG dog. He also had some little friends with him, and even though I did the treatment that I could, little fleas have been infesting Ta Dah!!, so this morning I put down powder on the carpet and gave him another bath in Dawn soap (kills the bugs, but doesn''t hurt the puppy), and hopefully when I vacuum tonight, all the hellion bugs will be dead.

Right now, the little ones are confined to the bathroom, and man oh man, do they HATE it!

We''re off to the in-laws in a minute or two, so they''ll be happy about that. Somewhere to play other than in the bathroom. Happy happy joy joy.

Happy LABOR DAY!!!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know how I missed this thread originally! That is just THE CUTEST thing I''ve ever seen!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is adorable, and I love his name.!!!! Flip is a cutie pie too.

Linda

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your new addition! The puppy (and FlipFlop) are super cute!!!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, how precious! I just want to pick him up and snuggle him to bits.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Update: here are some more pictures of the little boy. He''s just such a cutie pie and he''s been *such* a joy!

TaDahagain.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Paul thought it would be fun to teach the baby to drive. (He''s a nut, have I mentioned??)

TaDahDriving.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This is his favorite toy. It''s shaped like a jack. You know, like when you were a kid and played jacks with the bouncy ball? Okay, anyway, the toy is just about the same size he is, and he humps it all the time. We think it''s hilarious that he chose a "jack" to hump. Maybe that''s an inside joke, but it makes us just about roll every time he does it.

TaDahjack.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s both the babies. They get along really well. And FlipFlop has calmed down so much! So much that she''s even grown a little bit of a belly on her! She''s never had one of those, for all the running and hyperness she had. I think the puppy has been a good thing for her, too.

bothbabies.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I'm DEEPLY sorry and don't mean to hijack in the least, but after that "driving" pic I had to share... THIS is what you'll get for teaching that pup to drive:

IMG_094186538653.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LUUUUUUURRVE YOUR LITTLE GUY!! Makes me wish we had room for more pups around here
2.gif
He''s adorable!! Enjoy loving him!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Ta Dah''s 12 week birthday. His ears look HUGE, don''t they? We keep thinking maybe he''ll grow into them.
9.gif

TaDahs12weekbday.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that is too cute, Musey! Paul will get a kick out of that!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We took him to the vet on his 11th week birthday. He weighed 2.8 pounds, which is like almost 45 ounces.

He goes (along with Flip) to PetCo and PetSmart a lot, to help with socialization. He also goes to the park for Paul''s baseball games. I''ve read a lot about how Chi''s need a lot of socialization, and after seeing the effects of the lack of it in FlipFlop, we really try to get him out and around, and not in my arms all the time when we''re out.

This Monday was his 12 week birthday, and he did *so* well at the park. Every other week, he''d been all timid and shy and would do the "shaking" thing that chi''s are known for. And he''d just sit there, and refuse to move on his leash. On Monday, though, he was in TURBO mode and was beebopping all over the place with his leash on. I was so proud of him.

Paul''s mom got us a shirt for the baby. He looks so adorable in it! I''ll have to post a picture of that next time I download pictures from the camera.

We are also debating about putting him in one of those puppy training courses at PetSmart. It''s the best price we''ve found, and I''ve watched some of what is done during training while we''ve been in the store to shop, and it seems like it is a good program. Has anyone used them? Any recommendations? Or criticism, even?

They say you can start the classes for puppies from 10 weeks to 5 months old, so we have some time to think about things.

Oh, we got FlipFlop a Halloween outfit. She''s going to be a HOTDOG!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

We''re still looking for something *small* enough for the baby.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Here is Flip in her Hot Dog outfit. :)

FlipFlopHOTDOGgirl.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, the new puppy is adorable!!! We did the classes at PetSmart and were very pleased! We didn''t really keep up with all the commands and everything....they''ll sit and lie down and that''s about it! But it was fun and good for socialization. There was a teeny tiny toy poodle in our class. It was so funny to see that tiny dog do all the commands!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
See, that''s exactly what I keep thinking. How funny will it be to see a 3 pound puppy doing everything on command?

Mostly, he''s really good. He comes when we call him, he walks on a leash now, he knows how to sit when you tell him to, but only does it when he feels like it (gotta love the stubborn side of a puppy, don''t you?), and he knows how to chase a toy and bring it back. I think that''s pretty good.

What we worry about is the socialization that is so important for him, and I really would like for him to eventually be able to sit when we tell him to on OUR terms, and to stay, as well.

Diamondseeker, did you do the puppy and intermediate and advanced classes? We don''t want a perfect dog, just one who will sit and stay when we need him to, for guests and things like that.

It''ll also be nice when we can keep the bathroom door open without worrying about him finding a way into the hamper to steal a sock. It''s the funniest thing; he''ll *run* like crazy mad just as soon as he hears the bathroom door open. He knows the sound of that door compared to others, and he''ll even leave his food or favorite toy (his humping jack) to get to the bathroom door before it closes again.

He''s something else!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results