shape
carat
color
clarity

Swimming with my ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chels7

Rough_Rock
Is it ok to go swimming in chlorine pools with a white gold ring? I just got my e ring and I’m pretty protective of it (it is just so perfect!). Will the chlorine hurt the metal in any way? Because if it will I’ll leave it at home, but I love showing it off so i''d like to bring it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leave it at home, if you swim with it on, it could drop off your finger and you could lose it and never see it again, plus you don't want to get it in repeated contact with the chlorinated water, unlikely to damage it but not worth the risk. Also there can be the security issue with the showers afterwards or just plain losing it, I would leave it at home IMO.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is WG, it''s best to leave it off. Repeated exposure to the chlorine will react with the alloys in the gold and weaken the ring. Also, your finger will shrink a little in the cold water and you run the risk of the ring being looser and falling off.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 9:25:45 AM
Author:Chels7
Is it ok to go swimming in chlorine pools with a white gold ring? I just got my e ring and I’m pretty protective of it (it is just so perfect!). Will the chlorine hurt the metal in any way? Because if it will I’ll leave it at home, but I love showing it off so i''d like to bring it!
If it is an hour, once a year... I''d not worry about it. The ring would still outlive you. If it is more than that I''d take it off.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
remember that cold water will reduce the summer swelling, and could loosen your ring. Meaning one too many rigorous breast strokes and you''ll be crying your ring down the drain.... I would take it off for the fear of losing it!
39.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
White gold and chlorine do not mix well, at all! It is best to take your ring off when in the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results