shape
carat
color
clarity

Swapping Out Diamond with JA Before it Ships : Opinions?

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
First want to say thanks to Deja for all of his help. I bugged him a lot! haha. Was always gracious.
Anyways, was shopping for a pair of K stones for studs for my daughter.

I picked two and the one, though being VS2 is likely not eyeclean. I liked the look of the stone and bought it with another. Anyways, I figure the inclusion will just bother me in general so I am going to see if I can swap it out before it ships. Here is the original

I Have it paired with :

I am wondering if this one would be a good alternative to the first link?

Any opinons appreciated. It was fun at start, but now I just want to get them shipped, set and done! hah

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new diamond is a much better match IMO.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also like this one as an alternative.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not an expert, so I'm just asking for edification.

Will the inclusion on the original be seen on a 0.50 ct stud with the naked eye? I respect that things also need to be mind-clean, but I'm really curious about the visibility of that inclusion.

And is it also my amateur eyes telling me that the cut on the original is really great? That stone seems so bright en face. No darkening under the table. But my eyes are definitely still "in training."

What a lovely gift for your daughter!

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
I'm not an expert, so I'm just asking for edification.

Will the inclusion on the original be seen on a 0.50 ct stud with the naked eye? I respect that things also need to be mind-clean, but I'm really curious about the visibility of that inclusion.

And is it also my amateur eyes telling me that the cut on the original is really great? That stone seems so bright en face. No darkening under the table. But my eyes are definitely still "in training."

What a lovely gift for your daughter!

There are people like Kim and tyty that are far superior to me with knowledge.. So please chime in your opinions too @Kim N @tyty333 , because I like reading them!

The first one was a 60/60 stone (60 ish table and 60ish depth) which tend to both face up larger as well as have very nice brilliance vs fire.

As for the inclusion... If it were white I'd say it was a no brainer. It was $870 CAD, so the price given the clarity grade and cut quality suggests to me it likely wouldn't have been eye clean and in fact a pesky black inclusion. Add to that it's location and its going to reflect off every single facet. I wanted to believe it would be clean, but my gut told me to switch vs the headache of returning (tho free) from Canada.

Last edited:

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
I also like this one as an alternative.

Can I ask what you like more about this one vs the one I posted? Would 62.6 not be a tad deep? Thanks for replying!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask what you like more about this one vs the one I posted? Would 62.6 not be a tad deep? Thanks for replying!

I don't necessarily like it more. I think you'd be happy with either. The one I linked is not perfect, and 62.6 is on the high side but still acceptable.

The one you posted shows signs of an unevenly cut pavilion, though this would likely not be an issue in real-world performance, especially on the ears.

K-VVS2.jpg

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
^

Thanks, Kim! Informative!

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
Well @tyty333 and @Kim N . I got my package Wednesday and the original 0.50 k is grogeous. Full of brilliance and life. Unfortunately the 0.51 k I chose to go along with it doesnt have the same luster. I thought it'd be fine (as in Canada exchanges are bit more annoying), but I'm going to send back the one stone to JA.

Going to choose another and really hoping to choose one that has the best chance of matching the awesome cut and performance of the other stone I received.

Want to try and keep it at $750 USD or below just for headache purposes with exchange and taxes etc.

How;s this one look?

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
This one? Or is the crown too high?

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
I like this one more than the 0.50 VS1.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Kim.

I hate being nit-picky, but just don't want to continue to have to exchange stones, especially being in Canada.

Is this one more than likely going to be more lively than the 0.51 I posted in my original post? The difference between the 0.51 and the 0.50 in just overall scintillation is quite noticeable and I'm hopeful I can match it.

I know there's truely no way to know for sure until I see it in person.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Kim.

I hate being nit-picky, but just don't want to continue to have to exchange stones, especially being in Canada.

Is this one more than likely going to be more lively than the 0.51 I posted in my original post? The difference between the 0.51 and the 0.50 in just overall scintillation is quite noticeable and I'm hopeful I can match it.

I know there's truely no way to know for sure until I see it in person.

Again, many thanks for your help.

I do think it'll be more lively, as it looks more precisely cut than the 0.51 you got. I'd try asking if they have an Ideal-Scope image too, although often those aren't available.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
How about this one?
Not sure if available at other sellers...might not hurt to inquire.

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
How about this one?
Not sure if available at other sellers...might not hurt to inquire.

Looks great. Ritani chargers shipping to Canada tho and since I'm already keeping one JA stone and the fact they have free returns etc it just makes sense headache wise to stick to them. I inquired about this Gia cert number but they can't source it apparently.

Does it look much better than the 0.52 I posted? The crown/PAv combo that much better?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results